PDA

View Full Version : SGA Back??

pigletpie
September 30th, 2008, 10:30 PM
Well, I saw this pic where it said "stargate atlantis has been renewed", and now I'm confused, Is SAG back or not??

Korumera
September 30th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Haven't seen or read anything about it. So wouldnt bet on it that much. It's a shame tho. But we'll have to do with movies and SGU :)

David Webb
September 30th, 2008, 11:08 PM
I highly doubt it with BW's interview and all but do you have a link to the pic?

Franklyn Blaze
October 1st, 2008, 12:09 AM
Where'd you find the pic? Link?

ark-of-continuum
October 1st, 2008, 01:19 AM
Tell me who actual SHOL'VA in this, and leave me with him in dark room...

bentdog
October 1st, 2008, 02:22 AM
What pic? Why would you say you saw a pic and then not post the pic? Dont get people hopes up.

angela23
October 1st, 2008, 05:18 AM
If you saw a pic like this than let us know where? Don't get our hopes up if it isn't true. I love SGA and I wish it were true. It would be the only smart thing that MGM and Sci fi do this Year. I still hope that they will change their mind, but I doubt it.

draovwildand
October 1st, 2008, 11:42 AM
If it were left up to me I would destroy and burn SGA, SGU, and Sanctuary, just to have Sg-1 back. Even after the loss of O'Neill and Hammond, It was far better than SGA and will always be better then SGU. I am just saying this because just a few minutes ago I remembered just how much I miss that show. It had everything.... humor, action, science, space battles, funny bad guys, mythology, all kinds of stuff.... I know that there is no hope of getting it back but the next movie better be an O'Niell centered movie. But I will give all the shows a chance.

s09119
October 1st, 2008, 11:52 AM
If it were left up to me I would destroy and burn SGA, SGU, and Sanctuary, just to have Sg-1 back. Even after the loss of O'Neill and Hammond, It was far better than SGA and will always be better then SGU. I am just saying this because just a few minutes ago I remembered just how much I miss that show. It had everything.... humor, action, science, space battles, funny bad guys, mythology, all kinds of stuff.... I know that there is no hope of getting it back but the next movie better be an O'Niell centered movie. But I will give all the shows a chance.

So you bash a show that you haven't even seen yet? Wow...

draovwildand
October 1st, 2008, 12:03 PM

I did not bash any show (just a reminder if you didn't read the last sentence of my previous post) I said that I would prefer to have Sg-1..... Then I said I would give all the shows a chance.... I give every show a 1 season benefit of the doubt. SGU could turn out to be the best Stargate ever... and Sanctuary "will" be great. You really need to learn how to read and comment on full posts, not just pick out parts. Criticizing what everyone used to hope for and what a few still do. soooo stfu

stargabb
October 2nd, 2008, 06:17 AM
now i'm confused
is sga back or not?
i would love if it was but please don't get my hopes up if it's not true

quade_1
October 2nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
it was most likely from a previous year, as SGA was only renewed year by year. Everybody has already moved on and begun plans to move forward, even if the SGA whiners got their way and there was a 6th season it is too late. The movies are being written the actors have made plans, and sets have been destroyed.

NKDietrich
October 2nd, 2008, 07:38 PM
and sets have been destroyed.

While I agree that there is zero chance for a 6th season of Atlantis, obviously no sets have been destroyed since they still need them for the movie(s). If you have some reference for that, let us know.

quade_1
October 2nd, 2008, 08:42 PM
While I agree that there is zero chance for a 6th season of Atlantis, obviously no sets have been destroyed since they still need them for the movie(s). If you have some reference for that, let us know.

The main sets are staying up on Stages 4 & 5 i believe, those are the SGC and Atlantis control room sets, but Stage 6 and the Special FX stage sets are being taken down. The classic "village" set they used in both SG-1 and Atlantis was recently taken down to make room for the Universe and movie sets.

Ripple in Space
October 2nd, 2008, 09:49 PM
The classic "village" set they used in both SG-1 and Atlantis was recently taken down
Yes!

quade_1
October 3rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
See now you all went and scared The Joe;

One of the great things about doing this daily blog is that it affords me the opportunity to head off rumors and fan concerns before. Today, for example, I see many a panicked reaction to a recent Vancouver Sun article that states: “Heavy machines are smashing the Stargate Atlantis TV series’ set in Bridge Studios’ 40,000-square-foot effects stage.” Well - yes, it’s true and, no, it’s not a big deal. We’re not talking about Stage 2 (that houses the wraith hive/facilities) or stage 3 (that houses the Daedalus/Apollo) or, more importantly, stage 6 (where the Atlantis gate room, control room, infirmary, Woolsey’s office, and various corridors are located). We’re talking about the FX Stage, the location of the (well played-out) village set, cave sets, catacombs, and one of our cafeteria views. No big loss. Hell, Stage 5 (which holds the SGC gate room, control room, briefing room, and several corridors) is still up despite the fact that SG-1 was cancelled two years ago! So, fear not. The movie will not be take place entirely on some forested planet.
Source: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/10/02/octboer-2-2008-what-the-future-holds-no-spoilers/

JohnDuh
October 3rd, 2008, 01:44 PM

It's with kids for kids - all the reason in the world to bash it ;)

General Yogi Bear
October 6th, 2008, 12:31 AM
See now you all went and scared The Joe;

Source: http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/10/02/octboer-2-2008-what-the-future-holds-no-spoilers/

Thats kind of sad that they are taking down the village. I always liked the village scenes. I wonder if that is going to be Universes' main set or not.

quade_1
October 6th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Thats kind of sad that they are taking down the village. I always liked the village scenes. I wonder if that is going to be Universes' main set or not.

Ya that was an awesome set, they used it all the way back in SG-1 season 8 and Atlantis season 1. It's also a little known fact, but the great people over at Bridge Studios would put on a charity Halloween event. The crew would volunteer their time and put on a haunted house using that Village set for about a week prior to Halloween, and they donated all the money raised to charity. I believe the Village set was on the FX stage, so the Destiny would most likely be on another stage to stay permanent.

stargater1990
October 7th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Well, I saw this pic where it said "stargate atlantis has been renewed", and now I'm confused, Is SAG back or not??

i dont care about "SAG" but if your talking about "SGA" then post a link to it for gods sake!! id like to see this pic for myself.

knowles2
October 10th, 2008, 03:26 PM
The main sets are staying up on Stages 4 & 5 i believe, those are the SGC and Atlantis control room sets, but Stage 6 and the Special FX stage sets are being taken down. The classic "village" set they used in both SG-1 and Atlantis was recently taken down to make room for the Universe and movie sets.

Finally was so getting bored of the medieval village set, it started looking the same however they dressed it up.

First bit of good news to come from sgu.
May be this is a sign of them switching to more green screen of sets.

pigletpie
October 12th, 2008, 10:09 PM
i don't know were i saw it, bbut i think it was on some myspace site (not sure)

pigletpie
October 12th, 2008, 10:15 PM
i don't know were i saw it, bbut i think it was on some myspace site (not sure)

i take back what i said... found the pic...
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/sgcsg1/ATLANTIS-Has-Been-RENEWED-THESUPERG.jpg

Ripple in Space
October 12th, 2008, 11:07 PM
i take back what i said... found the pic...
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s135/sgcsg1/ATLANTIS-Has-Been-RENEWED-THESUPERG.jpg

can I steal that pic?

Jack_Bauer
October 13th, 2008, 12:12 AM
hmmm i'm pretty sure that pic is a fake.

pigletpie
November 12th, 2008, 10:16 PM
can I steal that pic?

shure :D