Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whould you watch SG1 and SGA side story movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whould you watch SG1 and SGA side story movies?

Here is something I would like to see happen. I would like them to make movies set in the SGverse that could flesh out some of the mythology or tell further stories set in the present. To tell the truth I wouldn't mind it being animated like the Animatrix and Batman Gotham Knight, and telling short stories, but I think most people would want full 2-hour live-action movies.

They could be set in the present, telling us more of how the Jaffa nation are building themselves up, or set in the past, showing us a critical mission the Tok'ra ran before Earth discovered the stargate. We could even see the point at witch the Goa'uld and the Tok'ra split. In the PG we could see the war between the Ancients and the Wraith (though we did see some of that when Weir went back in time). And yes, we could even see the Furlings and the great alliance and what happened that broke it apart.

So, what do you think? Would you watch side stories related to SG but not with the SGC or Atlantis? What other stories would you like to see?
    sigpic

No. Sorry but Stargate is about Earth and her people exploring other worlds and discovering new things. I'm no interested in some side movie which doesn;t feature our characters and our people.
    Meh.

Comment

Wow. Its funny you bring this up because I was about to post an idea for a movie about the "Sateden-Wraith war" with a B story of Fords days at the SGC before Atlantis. It wouldn't be set in the present like you said but it would be more about the over all universe then just SG1 or Sheppards team.

Comment

If it doesn't feature the SG-1 team nor the Atlantis Expedition, I'm not interested.

Comment

I really didn't expect the overwhelming opposition to this idea. You really just what the characters on the show to say "well, 4,000 years ago such-an-such happened and we have this device because of that" rather than actually seeing what happened? There is so much in SG1 and Atlantis that they just mention in passing that would be so much greater and richer in detail if we could see it happen, even if it is just short stories similar to the Animatrix.
          sigpic

Comment

Ye, that would be nice. I was thinking of it myself, I'd love to see the history of The Goa'uld and how they built up their empire. It would be nice to see Ra, Apophis, Ba'al and all those other baddies.
            sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing more of the stargate universe on screen. Perhaps we could have a mission that SG-1 is running with one of the Tokra' that tells the tale of how the Tok'ra split of from the rest of the Goau'ld or how the Goa'uld Anubis or Ba'al rose to power since they were such pivotal enemies during the last seasons of SG-1.
              Something BSG did with their tv movie Razor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangles View Post
                Here is something I would like to see happen. I would like them to make movies set in the SGverse that could flesh out some of the mythology or tell further stories set in the present. To tell the truth I wouldn't mind it being animated like the Animatrix and Batman Gotham Knight, and telling short stories, but I think most people would want full 2-hour live-action movies.

They could be set in the present, telling us more of how the Jaffa nation are building themselves up, or set in the past, showing us a critical mission the Tok'ra ran before Earth discovered the stargate. We could even see the point at witch the Goa'uld and the Tok'ra split. In the PG we could see the war between the Ancients and the Wraith (though we did see some of that when Weir went back in time). And yes, we could even see the Furlings and the great alliance and what happened that broke it apart.

So, what do you think? Would you watch side stories related to SG but not with the SGC or Atlantis? What other stories would you like to see?
                cgi asgard movie plz!

Comment

it would be interesting to see that but i dont think many people would enjoy it

Comment

I loved the Animatrix (better than the actual films) so yes, I'd definitely be interested. Animated or real life, doesn't really matter to me, though animated would be kinda cool - Animatrix-style.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Jangles View Post

Cool idea! To see something about the other planets and races would be great! It's not that interesting to always hear about Earth. A movie about the Tok'ra before they met Earth would be interesting - or as you said about when they split and why. Or maybe about the Goa'uld when they were on Earth? Lots of possibilities. Great idea!
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Roeskva for the smilies

Comment

Yeah, I think a little fleshing out of the overall story would be pretty cool. I guess if the characters are not recurring with a standalone film, it creates opportunities to get bigger names in to play roles in the Stargate universe (the prototype for this being of course Robert Patrick as Sumner).

Comment

Yes (but no animation). I wouldn't mind if the story is told from the p.o.v. of a non-Earth race/person, but the Earth people should be in it, not neccesarily Sg-1 or Atlantis expedition. I also would prefer that the movies aren't prequels.
                          sigpic

Comment

i would not mind that at all.

A series of ten minutes or so films fleshing out the universe filling the gaps a little.

Like Lost: the lost pieces, I think that what they were called.

Their are many area in sg verse that would make brilliant stories but extremely hard or impossible to do with our team as they would need some sought of plot device to allow the team to be their. Often using time travel.

Such stories
                            the plague
                            the first stargate
                            the creation of the wraith
                            Meeting of the Alliance or even the creation of the alliance.
                            And many more.

Comment

It sounds a great idea until you actually see it done. These sort of stories do next to nothing to advance the story and by the end of them you're going to be left with a feeling of "What was the point of that?" no matter how good it was.

Comment

Working...
                              X