PDA

View Full Version : New Writers?

Jack_Bauer
September 30th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Does anyone know of any fresh blood that has been added to the writing team for SGU?

leiasky
September 30th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Would be nice for them to get some fresh perspective.

GhostPoet
September 30th, 2008, 11:00 AM
didn't you hear? They are hiring the writers from One Tree hill.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

leiasky
September 30th, 2008, 11:01 AM
didn't you hear? They are hiring the writers from One Tree hill.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Oy.

Thankfully, I know you're joking. :)

TPTB wouldn't be THAT idiotic.

J-Whitt Remastered
September 30th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I'd heard that Dr. Seuss had agreed to join and write some rhymes for the younger audiences. :D (Just a joke from one who will be watching the first few episodes.)

Anon
September 30th, 2008, 02:52 PM
ted giesel is dead, so that would be impossible

Anon
September 30th, 2008, 02:54 PM
well i heard that they are keeping Alan McCullough, martin gero, and carl binder.
but it could be fan propoganda

leeman15251
September 30th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I would like to see some new people on.

Pharaoh Atem
September 30th, 2008, 04:36 PM
i wouldn't mind a combination of old and new writers

Trig
October 1st, 2008, 01:08 AM
It has to have new writers, it needs new blood to survive, otherwise we'll just keep getting rewrites of the same old stories with the same points but just different characters...

I say there should be main writer changes every season, revolving around 2 main writers, one of which steps down and is replaced by someone new at the end of the season ie.

#1 Someone from SGA/SG1
#2 Someone new

End of S1 #1 writes a 2 parter with the help of #3, #1 then steps down and #2 and #3 write S2, end of S2 #2 does a 2 parter with #4, #2 steps down and so on...

knowles2
October 10th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I heard they getting the gang who wrote Stargate Infinity over to do a few episodes.

Jack_Bauer
October 10th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I heard they getting the gang who wrote Stargate Infinity over to do a few episodes.

Is that a joke or are you serrious?

Reiko
October 10th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Oh, new writers. Please do, I beg of you, Brad and Rob.

knowles2
October 10th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Is that a joke or are you serrious?

I am being deadly serious. You think I would make something like that up. These writers are top notch at aiming their material at a younger audiences. And you think you seen dumb storylines from the current crop of writers, you ant seen nothing yet. :p

Now seriously I would love to get some writers from Heroes and lost and even 4400 on to the writing team or the creator of the Babylon universe on board. Someone who can planned throughout the life time of the series.

ShadowMaat
October 10th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Considering the complete hash that is now Heroes, yeah, nabbing some of their writers would probably make sense. ;)

Jack_Bauer
October 10th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Now seriously I would love to get some writers from Heroes and lost and even 4400 on to the writing or the creator of the Babylon universe on board. Someone who can planned throughout life for the series.

Yeah i wouldnt mind writers from heroes or the 4400, while keeping some of our own writers to balance it out and keep the new series firmly cemented in the established Stargate Universe.

As for writers from the Babylon 5 series, I can;t comment as I'm yet to see the show.

g.o.d
October 11th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Mallozzi stated that he and Mullie will be consulting (with series creators Robert C. Cooper and Brad Wright) and writing "a few scripts" for the series, but that both of them will have considerably more free time unless they can sell their prospective pilot scripts (not related to Stargate)."

great news. People responsible for SGA will be working on SGU. Can we start SGU complaints and misgivings thread?

kymeric
October 11th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Lets hire anime writers so we can have incomprehensible plots, dialogue and flashing lights that give seizures to those of us without epilepsy!

McgillionFan
October 11th, 2008, 05:38 AM
I'd like to have the old writers. But then again i wouldn't mind having new writers as long as they write good episodes lol. I'm not fussed i just want to enjoy stargate and see some good episodes. :) lol

Jack_Bauer
October 11th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Mallozzi stated that he and Mullie will be consulting (with series creators Robert C. Cooper and Brad Wright) and writing "a few scripts" for the series, but that both of them will have considerably more free time unless they can sell their prospective pilot scripts (not related to Stargate)."

great news. People responsible for SGA will be working on SGU. Can we start SGU complaints and misgivings thread?

F**K! <<<That's me showing my distaste for JM and PM writing for SGU.

ShadowMaat
October 11th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Is it really any surprise that M&M will be poisoning the waters of SGU? I'd taken it as a given right from the start. :rolleyes:

Reiko
October 11th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Lets hire anime writers so we can have incomprehensible plots, dialogue and flashing lights that give seizures to those of us without epilepsy!

Funny, because Mallozzi is apparently a big anime fan. :rolleyes: See where he gets it from.

knowles2
October 11th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Their is hopes guys, they are apparently flying around trying to sell their pilots hopefully, someone will buy it and then they will be to busy to work on SGU.

<mod snip;...let's not even joke aboout stuff like this>

g.o.d
October 14th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Their is hopes guys, they are apparently flying around trying to sell their pilots hopefully, someone will buy it and then they will be to busy to work on SGU.

<mod snip;...let's not even joke aboout stuff like this>

and who will be so foolish to buy their scripts?

g.o.d
October 14th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I think there's more important thing than hiring new writers. Stargate franchise should air of the FOX. with knowing that their show can easily end any day, TPTB would be forced to atract more wievers with their stories.

leiasky
October 14th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Considering the complete hash that is now Heroes, yeah, nabbing some of their writers would probably make sense. ;)

Have to agree with you on this one. I've LOVED Heroes in the past, not so down with it this season. Sarah Connor Chronicles is better than Heroes so far!

It's always good to get an infusion of new blood into a writing group. They bring new and fresh perspective. I'd actually like to know if they are accepting spec scripts or treatments or if they're just sticking with their group of writers.

Stormtrooper
October 14th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I hope SGU doesn't go beyond season 1, and MGM allows Devlin & Co to complete the movie trilogy. At least that way, we'll get to see some decent Stargate once again. Unfortunately, the small circle of friends at Bridge just want to keep their jobs. Quality is not a priority. The very concept of SGU speak volumes.

leiasky
October 14th, 2008, 09:10 AM
from concept to screen can differ wildly. I'm hoping, in this case, that it does. . .

ShadowMaat
October 14th, 2008, 05:24 PM
It's always good to get an infusion of new blood into a writing group. They bring new and fresh perspective. I'd actually like to know if they are accepting spec scripts or treatments or if they're just sticking with their group of writers.

The trick is to keep adding new blood before the previous installment is beaten into submission by the old blood. Or better yet, occasionally clear out some of the deadwood. :P

But I digress. You say "new and fresh perspective" as if that's something TPTB actually want. *pat pat* You'll learn, leia, you'll learn. ;)

Sameera
October 14th, 2008, 05:34 PM
I thought in the interview they did with Brad Write that the alluded to the fact that they would be looking to bring in some new writers while keeping some of the old writers around.

I could be wrong about that, would have to listen to the interview again to be sure.

ShadowMaat
October 14th, 2008, 05:39 PM
It depends on the mix, I guess. If there are more new writers than old, the show may stand a chance... provided the new writers also have the balls to stick to their own ideas and not follow meekly in the footsteps of the old timers. ;)

I keep figuring it'll be more old than new, however, and while that may inject SOME new life into the franchise I think it'll also only be a matter of time before the original writers beat the new guys into submission and ALL of them are churning out the same old crap.

Please, give us writers with SPINE! :D

Jack_Bauer
October 14th, 2008, 05:41 PM
It depends on the mix, I guess. If there are more new writers than old, the show may stand a chance... provided the new writers also have the balls to stick to their own ideas and not follow meekly in the footsteps of the old timers. ;)

I keep figuring it'll be more old than new, however, and while that may inject SOME new life into the franchise I think it'll also only be a matter of time before the original writers beat the new guys into submission and ALL of them are churning out the same old crap.

Please, give us writers with SPINE! :D

Couldn't have said it better myseld :D

I can imagin BW and RCC sitting in some conference room with the new writers just knocking back script after script until they get one which they like (probably Replicator related :P)

GhostPoet
October 15th, 2008, 10:56 AM
They are probably sitting around discussing how many scenes they can put the party girl in. (every scene)