This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I'd Like To See

Just a thought about a movie they could do, or maybe even a miniseries.

An "Origins" film detailing the creation and foundation for the Stargates. I think it would be cool to see the first Gate erected, the first wormhole opened, and all of that.

I actually agree. I would love to have a series, even if they were only books, chronicling the Ancients.

Comment

I imagined a miniseries or a film focusing mostly on the Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by BigR View Post
        Just a thought about a movie they could do, or maybe even a miniseries.

An "Origins" film detailing the creation and foundation for the Stargates. I think it would be cool to see the first Gate erected, the first wormhole opened, and all of that.
        The producers have zero interest in making a prequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
          The producers have zero interest in making a prequel.
          and i have zero interest in seeing one
          Meh.

Comment

Some stories have room for prequels, some don't. Stargate began as a movie featuring the discovery of the Stargate. That's the beginning of the story as far as I'm concerned, so I don't see how you could do a prequel. I like how we get glimpses via flashbacks and the occasional time travel episode. One thing you may have missed is a flashback in Continuum where a scientists almost forgets his notebook. It's opened to a sketch of the Stargate, suggesting the network wasn't created until after Ancients arrived in the Milky Way galaxy. Alternatively, it was simply a how to make a Stargate book since they'd be fleeing to a galaxy with no Stargates.

Comment

The notebook with the sketch of the Stargate was shown in AoT
              McKay: "We need the Zed-Pee-Em to power the gate."
              O'Neill: "Huh?"
              Daniel: "Zee-Pee-Em. He's Canadian."
              O'Neill (to McKay): I'm sorry.

Comment

I was thinking of that, but I typed the wrong title. Oops.

Other episodes that give a good glimpse of the Ancients are Atlantis "Before I Sleep" and "The Return, Part 1."

Comment

This was of been a nice scene to be added to the end of AOT, with the ancient city ship landing down on a planet seeing them raising/building the first stargate, them dialing the first address and then them stepping through the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    This was of been a nice scene to be added to the end of AOT, with the ancient city ship landing down on a planet seeing them raising/building the first stargate, them dialing the first address and then them stepping through the gate.
                    Now that I could have lived with.... and it probably would have salvaged the train wreck that was AoT in the first place.
                    Meh.

Comment

Nice idea. Why not you E-mail them and tell your idea. I also love this movie and wish to watch another part of this movie.

Online Marketing Solution

Comment

Working...
                      X