PDA

View Full Version : Something I'd Like To See

BigR
September 29th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Just a thought about a movie they could do, or maybe even a miniseries.

An "Origins" film detailing the creation and foundation for the Stargates. I think it would be cool to see the first Gate erected, the first wormhole opened, and all of that.

tegalans
September 29th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I actually agree. I would love to have a series, even if they were only books, chronicling the Ancients.

JARVISBRODIE
September 30th, 2008, 06:14 AM
I imagined a miniseries or a film focusing mostly on the Stargate.

Daniel Jackson
September 30th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Just a thought about a movie they could do, or maybe even a miniseries.

An "Origins" film detailing the creation and foundation for the Stargates. I think it would be cool to see the first Gate erected, the first wormhole opened, and all of that.
The producers have zero interest in making a prequel.

Jack_Bauer
September 30th, 2008, 07:53 AM
The producers have zero interest in making a prequel.

and i have zero interest in seeing one

Daniel Jackson
September 30th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Some stories have room for prequels, some don't. Stargate began as a movie featuring the discovery of the Stargate. That's the beginning of the story as far as I'm concerned, so I don't see how you could do a prequel. I like how we get glimpses via flashbacks and the occasional time travel episode. One thing you may have missed is a flashback in Continuum where a scientists almost forgets his notebook. It's opened to a sketch of the Stargate, suggesting the network wasn't created until after Ancients arrived in the Milky Way galaxy. Alternatively, it was simply a how to make a Stargate book since they'd be fleeing to a galaxy with no Stargates.

Yggdrasil
September 30th, 2008, 08:49 AM
The notebook with the sketch of the Stargate was shown in AoT ;)

Daniel Jackson
September 30th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I was thinking of that, but I typed the wrong title. Oops. :S

Other episodes that give a good glimpse of the Ancients are Atlantis "Before I Sleep" and "The Return, Part 1."

knowles2
October 4th, 2008, 12:13 PM
This was of been a nice scene to be added to the end of AOT, with the ancient city ship landing down on a planet seeing them raising/building the first stargate, them dialing the first address and then them stepping through the gate.

Jack_Bauer
October 4th, 2008, 08:23 PM
This was of been a nice scene to be added to the end of AOT, with the ancient city ship landing down on a planet seeing them raising/building the first stargate, them dialing the first address and then them stepping through the gate.

Now that I could have lived with.... and it probably would have salvaged the train wreck that was AoT in the first place.

edenmills
October 5th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Nice idea. Why not you E-mail them and tell your idea. I also love this movie and wish to watch another part of this movie.

Online Marketing Solution (http://www.iwaayconsultant.com)