PDA

View Full Version : Todd going to WTFPWN the New Aliens?

GateMan2000
September 29th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Do you guys think that Todd is going kick some Asgard butt once he arrives and see McKay and Jackson hostage?

Shade_of_Chulak
September 29th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I doubt it. I think that The Asgard are going to end up blowing up the research center after daniel talks some sense into them. Which will suck because I think we will see the Asgard become extinct again

jenks
September 29th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Probably. We see what looks like the outpost exploding in the trailer for the next episode, so it wouldn't surprise me if it gets pwned by the Daedalus' Asgard beams.

GateMan2000
September 29th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I doubt it. I think that The Asgard are going to end up blowing up the research center after daniel talks some sense into them. Which will suck because I think we will see the Asgard become extinct again

I don't think that will happen since I believe they are planned to be in the last episode of the season.

jelgate
September 29th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Thats just fan speculation. I believe we have no proof that the new aliens are in EatG

Infinatus
September 29th, 2008, 06:01 PM
We see what looks like the outpost exploding in the trailer for the next episode, so it wouldn't surprise me if it gets pwned by the Daedalus' Asgard beams.

The explosion in the trailer looked like a thermonuclear explosion. I'm guessing that's from dialing a Stargate on the planet with Janus' lab, the Attero Device destroying itself as a result.

rarocks24
September 29th, 2008, 06:03 PM
The explosion in the trailer looked like a thermonuclear explosion. I'm guessing that's from dialing a Stargate on the planet with Janus' lab, the Attero Device destroying itself as a result.
The planet they're on doesn't have a stargate.

Infinatus
September 29th, 2008, 06:11 PM
The planet they're on doesn't have a stargate.

Did you ask the writers? Or phase shift into the Media Dimension and have a look for yourself?

The likelihood that Janus would establish a secret base on a planet with a stargate is low, however. I will give you that.

Another possibility could be that it has something to do with the snippet in SciFi's trailer of the aliens inside the Attero Device chamber.

Myles
September 29th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Did you ask the writers? Or phase shift into the Media Dimension and have a look for yourself?

The likelihood that Janus would establish a secret base on a planet with a stargate is low, however. I will give you that.

Another possibility could be that it has something to do with the snippet in SciFi's trailer of the aliens inside the Attero Device chamber.

No, Zelenka said it didn't have a stargate when he traced the planet the aliens came from.

Denanthor
September 29th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Umm he didn't need to ask the writers. The question was answered in the episode.

Zelenka says the planet is m6h987 and then John asks if it has a stargate and he says no.

Infinatus
September 29th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Fair enough.

Moao
September 29th, 2008, 09:37 PM

I went and checked, nope no stargate. :(

MathiasE
September 30th, 2008, 04:26 AM
I don't think that will happen since I believe they are planned to be in the last episode of the season.

So the last episode will be a Atlantis version of Unending then ;)

GateMan2000
October 1st, 2008, 08:52 AM
So no one thinks that Todd will pwn any Asgards?

naamiaiset
October 1st, 2008, 09:05 AM
I think todd will blow up the base with the device but the asgards won't be inside.

if FC/LT was written with a sixth season in mind, it'd be kind of dumb to kill your "new" aliens without really using them. just my opinion though.

Infinite-Possibilities
October 1st, 2008, 09:08 AM
Personally I think that Ronon and Co. will kill all the Wraith and stop Todd before he has a chance to save that day, and then Todd will crash the ship into the base destroying the Attero Device.

naamiaiset
October 1st, 2008, 09:15 AM
^ how can todd blow up the base with the ship if "ronon & co" stop him first? :p

Infinite-Possibilities
October 1st, 2008, 09:50 AM
They stop him from blowing them up conventionally with the ship so, he sends the ship on a collision course as a last desperate act. Possibly so he can escape. I don't know.

naamiaiset
October 1st, 2008, 09:56 AM
then where would todd (and the daedalus crew for that matter) escape to? be beamed on board the apollo?
october 10th is too far away. :mckay:

Infinite-Possibilities
October 1st, 2008, 10:08 AM
The planet's surface? I don't know I'm just throwing out ideas here. Not even ones that I wanted to happen. Todd still has his shuttle though. I'm basing this theory on the fact that in the trailer it looks like the Daedalus is going through atmosphere into somewhere, and rather uncontrolled like it appears.

GateMan2000
October 1st, 2008, 01:12 PM
I wonder if there are more Asgards than the few on that base

FallenAngelII
October 1st, 2008, 01:25 PM
They stop him from blowing them up conventionally with the ship so, he sends the ship on a collision course as a last desperate act. Possibly so he can escape. I don't know.
I very much doubt they're going to destroy the Deadalus.

Laura Dove
October 1st, 2008, 01:32 PM
I very much doubt they're going to destroy the Deadalus.

I hope not. I kind of like this ship.
Actually, I know they won't, because of today's entry from Joe Mallozzi's blog (http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2008/09/30/september-30-2008-an-au-season-6/), about episodes that could have made it into season 6, had there been one:

#3: Children of the Corn/Fantastic Four: This was a story I pitched early in season 5 that involved our team, on the Daedalus, coming across a seemingly derelict ship.

So the Daedalus should be still around at the end of season 5.

Infinite-Possibilities
October 2nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
Oh me neither, but I did sorta have a feeling that perhaps some "big things" were going to happen in this last part of the TV show.:S

GateMan2000
October 3rd, 2008, 11:11 AM
Well Todd is in the last episode. I wonder if the Asgard are too!

ablevins425
October 5th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Was it stated in the episode anywhere how Todd knows where the outpost is? It's not even in Daedalus' computer, or it shouldn't be anyway.

Infinatus
October 5th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Was it stated in the episode anywhere how Todd knows where the outpost is? It's not even in Daedalus' computer, or it shouldn't be anyway.

No. I believe the intention was for the audience to find out in 'The Lost Tribe'.