This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ground Vehicles in SGU!

the only actual land vehicle in stargate was the mount, so i was thinking since SGU wants to be edgy and all why cant the SG team deploy transport vehicles or APC into the stargate. i know that land warefare has been undermined after the introduction of space ships but starting a new show could give headway to such military logistics that are similar to what we use now on earth. dont get me wrong i love the puddle jumpers and i would like for them to reverse engineer them (its about time-rodney could do it) but they are way too advanced and imagine how great it would look like for vehicles roaming another new planet, they can be APCs or tanks and of course these things are expensive for any show; if then they can at least make them hover like futuristic tanks so as to CGI it instead. or maybe the enemy whoever they are, got one of those cannon tanks that bombard villagers. heck i would even like for them to have bikes or buggies. it would really be an adventure, even though i might miss those jumpers. think about it. is anyone open to such ideas.
    Last edited by Dioxholster; 29 September 2008, 01:27 AM.

I think it would ruin the Idea of Universe. Maybe if it was like a land vehicle with Drones and other stuff. REALLY COOL. But we still don't know how they get down to planets or even if they can return the ship after it has left it's previous co-ordinates. I suppose if the Writers see this and they think it's a good idea then it will happen but i just don't see how it would fit. Technology has always advanced as the show progressed and i don't think they will suddenly be going backwards.

Hover tanks would be a good idea. OR any sort of hovering vehicle.

Comment

well dont forget this ship was launched before atlantis was built. it would proberly ruin it and cause so many arguements proberly a first proto type of the jumper but not the lastest.

Comment

Originally posted by Dioxholster View Post
        the only actual land vehicle in stargate was the mount, so i was thinking since SGU wants to be edgy and all why cant the SG team deploy transport vehicles or APC into the stargate. i know that land warefare has been undermined after the introduction of space ships but starting a new show could give headway to such military logistics that are similar to what we use now on earth. dont get me wrong i love the puddle jumpers and i would like for them to reverse engineer them (its about time-rodney could do it) but they are way too advanced and imagine how great it would look like for vehicles roaming another new planet, they can be APCs or tanks and of course these things are expensive for any show; if then they can at least make them hover like futuristic tanks so as to CGI it instead. or maybe the enemy whoever they are, got one of those cannon tanks that bombard villagers. heck i would even like for them to have bikes or buggies. it would really be an adventure, even though i might miss those jumpers. think about it. is anyone open to such ideas.

What are they going to use for fuel?

Also, it's hard to be stealthy when you've got a noisy tank clunking around...

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Tanks are pretty large, Ive never really thought about it but would they fit through the Gate?

Dune style buggies ect is a little more what you would probably see....hang on wasnt this done in Stargate Infinity?

Comment

I think a vehicle of some sort is not out of the question. The Destiny is the exploration ship so it would make sense that the Ancients would pack everything the crew would potentially need to explore the seeded planets. That may very well include an Ancient RV for extended missions away from the ship.
            sigpic

Comment

thats what am talking about, Destiny is an exploration ship so there would be a point in having land vehicles parked next to the stargate that is in the ship. it only makes sense plus land vehicles like ATVs can go places jumpers cant, and could be MALP at the same time or an RV like someone said. but it doesnt have to be taur'i only, actually it would make sense seeing less civilized people having cars or odd-looking tanks. it will add contrast seeing some ground warfare side by side with the prominent ship-based scenes. its not too late for the writers to begin developing such ideas. but im guessing the things they are planning for the new show will only be a step backward. (party girl? are you kidding)

Comment

And just where are you going to find a gas station for all these ground vehicles? Plus if you put them on an alien planet and lose them, you are putting our technology in the enemies' hands (supposing that they're powered by fuel cells or something else).

Besides, you can't really be stealth if you're driving around in a jeep or motorcyle (whereas it didn't matter squat in Stargate Infinity *cough*)

Comment

why would they need stealth, this is SGU not SGA and why cant they use stealth? just because its a land vehicle doesnt mean it cant be equiped with the same stealth tech as the jumper's. again its an exploration vehicle meant for terrain exploration that will probably be equipped with medical supplies. and since these guys at SGU are stranded maybe they are forced with backward tech like APCs instead of jumpers. i can see it happening its not far fetched at all. i mean SG teams still use human tech like G-36 and P90s none of those seem to derivatives of staff weapons or zatt. heck they dont have much of any armour that protects them from bullets or powerful beams. everything is contemporary so why no land vehicles; at the very least a bicycle i have seen that rally blog and it showed zalenka going to the studio in a bicycle. so as a hobby one of the team members could be an avid biker or bike rider or whatever you know what i mean.

Comment

Never gonna happen sadly for the same reeason as SG1 and Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Dioxholster View Post
                      why would they need stealth, this is SGU not SGA and why cant they use stealth? just because its a land vehicle doesnt mean it cant be equiped with the same stealth tech as the jumper's. again its an exploration vehicle meant for terrain exploration that will probably be equipped with medical supplies. and since these guys at SGU are stranded maybe they are forced with backward tech like APCs instead of jumpers. i can see it happening its not far fetched at all. i mean SG teams still use human tech like G-36 and P90s none of those seem to derivatives of staff weapons or zatt. heck they dont have much of any armour that protects them from bullets or powerful beams. everything is contemporary so why no land vehicles; at the very least a bicycle i have seen that rally blog and it showed zalenka going to the studio in a bicycle. so as a hobby one of the team members could be an avid biker or bike rider or whatever you know what i mean.
                      Oh, please, no no, no people biking around the woods on alien planet A. Besides, they'd be sitting ducks.

Comment

Ground Vehicles would be an AWESOME idea for SGU. And they would make a lot of sense. Since they can't stay on a planet TOO long or risk losing the chance to get back to the ship...they need some kind of transportation that allows for quick, less resistant traveling. A Jeep would work best for traveling through the gate and allow them to carry important equipment.
                        It feels good to be alive.
                        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
                          Ground Vehicles would be an AWESOME idea for SGU. And they would make a lot of sense. Since they can't stay on a planet TOO long or risk losing the chance to get back to the ship...they need some kind of transportation that allows for quick, less resistant traveling. A Jeep would work best for traveling through the gate and allow them to carry important equipment.
                          I wouldn't be surprised if the Destiny was equiped witha limited number of Puddle Jumpers. - There has been nothing to suggest the Ancients didn't create them before Atlantis, and it means the puddle jumper set piece could be reused in Universe as well as the Atlantis movie.
                          Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                          Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

true. but what happens after they all blow up? =P
                            It feels good to be alive.
                            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

using a puddle jumper in SGU would be way too redundant: they want a completely new show remember. and to be frank the jumper seems to be designed for atlantis moreso than anything else. I think destiny would be darker in design and feel than city of atlantis. no sure why but the story seems bleak so the atmosphere should be bleak too. and since they want a really young cast i reckon these youngsters love to drive like wild! probably while dunk too. maybe a few hit and run but who cares! okay ill stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X