Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the third person in the chain of command?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is the third person in the chain of command?

When Shepard was about to leave with his puddle jumper who did he leave in charge of Atlantis. Would he really leave Zalenka in charge? I would think Major Lorne would be next in line to take command after Sheppard. It would be awesome if Chuck was put in charge.

In some episodes we have seen Lorne in charge when shep isn't around but also the episode where Dr. Weir and Shep are both at the SGC Teyla is left in command.

Comment

Originally posted by General Yogi Bear View Post
      When Shepard was about to leave with his puddle jumper who did he leave in charge of Atlantis. Would he really leave Zalenka in charge? I would think Major Lorne would be next in line to take command after Sheppard. It would be awesome if Chuck was put in charge.
      I think the chain goes

Richard Woolsey
      John Sheppard
      Rodney McKay
      Evan Lorne
      Radek Zelenka

Comment

I don't think it would be Rodney. He was my first guess but I then realised that it would be dumb to have both second and third commands in the same team, especiallt since there would be a chnace of losing both at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by WookiE View Post
          In some episodes we have seen Lorne in charge when shep isn't around but also the episode where Dr. Weir and Shep are both at the SGC Teyla is left in command.
          Thats right. I forgot about Teyla. I always thought it was kind of weird that she was left in charge. Maybe it had something to do with her people being on the old Atlantis planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
            I don't think it would be Rodney. He was my first guess but I then realised that it would be dumb to have both second and third commands in the same team, especiallt since there would be a chnace of losing both at the same time.
            Rodney has made the claim that he's "technically" third in command repeatedly though. His basic claim is that it is based on seniority and he's the senior most member after Sheppard and Weir. Nobody has ever really corrected him - There was a situation where Caldwell and Mckay had a little argument over who should be command, but Caldwell settled it by saying he's taking charge over what was a military situation.
            Last edited by Xaeden; 29 September 2008, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
              This is Atlantis. Where in one episode, they had Sam, John, Rodney, Lorne and Radek all go off-world to the same hostile planet (with SGA-1 already prisoners). They're not very smart when it comes to preserving the chain of command.

I also believe it goes:
              Richard Woolsey
              John Sheppard
              Rodney McKay
              Evan Lorne
              Radek Zelenka

Comment

I think it goes something like this
                Woolsey is head of the Expedition, Sheppard is his second in command and first in command of the military portion. Lorne third in command of the Expedition and second in command of the military portion, so with both Woolsey and Shep away Lorne steps up to plate. He took lead in Deadalus Variations when Sheppard disappeared and in Conversion when Sheppard went all buggy.
                I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

Originally posted by melfan View Post
                  I think it goes something like this
                  Woolsey is head of the Expedition, Sheppard is his second in command and first in command of the military portion. Lorne third in command of the Expedition and second in command of the military portion, so with both Woolsey and Shep away Lorne steps up to plate. He took lead in Deadalus Variations when Sheppard disappeared and in Conversion when Sheppard went all buggy.
                  In "The Deadalus Variations", Rodney was gone as well. In "Conversion", Evan took control of the military, as he should, since he's 2IC. But he didn't take command of the city.

Comment

In the past, I've seen Teyla been in charge after Sheppard.

I believe it's:

Richard Woolsey
                    John Sheppard
                    Teyla Em.
                    Rodney McKay
                    Evan Lorne
                    Radek Zelenka

Comment

Who is new corresponding of security? Sergeant Bates was (when Teyla hit him) but he left Atlantis. I think he is high of chain of command

Richard Woolsey
                      John Sheppard
                      Eva Lorne
                      Corresponding of Security. (if this is Officers (higher then second lieutenant) he or she would be higher then Lorne).

I dit not think that Teyla was never boss, even when Elisabeth was outwolrd, I have allways think that Teyla was somekind information cordinator.
                      Asgard in memoriam

Comment

I think third in line is Rodney. He got into a pissing match with Caldwell in season 2 after Shepard and Wier were taken over by the lovers. So probably senior staff first. So it would be Woolsey, Shepard, Rodney, Keller, Lorne, Zelenka.
                        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis- View Post
                          Who is new corresponding of security? Sergeant Bates was (when Teyla hit him) but he left Atlantis. I think he is high of chain of command

Richard Woolsey
                          John Sheppard
                          Eva Lorne
                          Corresponding of Security. (if this is Officers (higher then second lieutenant) he or she would be higher then Lorne).

I dit not think that Teyla was never boss, even when Elisabeth was outwolrd, I have allways think that Teyla was somekind information cordinator.
                          Pity. I've always thought Teyla was kinda cool as a temp. commander.

Comment

Teyla was commander of Atlantis when Rodney wasn't present. Wasn't he aboard the Daedalus in Intruder?

I think the point was that Teyla is one of the few on the base who have executive capabilities from her time as leader of the Athosians, and in a crisis, where such expertise would be needed, would be a bonus as commander. When contacting allies, friends, etc in Pegasus.
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

IOA never give command other then Tauri, so Teyla can not be any boss or chain of command.
                              Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Working...
                              X