This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniforms Are Realistic

I realize that you either tolerate or hate the new uniforms, so where did they come up with a design like this? Well, SG-1 uniforms are based on US Airforce gear. Today I watched a 50min 3D documentary on the International Space Station and noticed something very familar, the uniforms. While not exactly the same, they have similar color schemes, pocket positioning, and triangular designs (not identical, but similar theme). They also had their country flag on their left arm, as in Atlantis. From this standpoint I can understand the design.

NOTE: If you wish to discuss your feelings toward the uniform design use this thread.
    Last edited by KayMan2k; 09 May 2004, 04:50 PM.

Do you think you could find an image somewhere?
    Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

yeah, i'd like to see it also...i tried google but didn't find anything...

Comment

No problem. I have attached two images from NASA's website which best illistrate my point. More images from the International Space Station can be seen here.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes, but then again, the ISS crew isn't likely to be thrust into sudden combat with attacking aliens, are they? Or fight a pitched ground battle? Or heck, fight at all, except over who gets the last tube of pizza?

Comment

Heh... ShadowMaat's right, but still, at least the images show us that there is some realism to the Atlantis uniforms.
            Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

I saw something on NORAD the other day, and they had patches that signified which country they were from. I dont really see why anyone would have issues with the patches on the new uniforms though...
              "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

well yeah they kinda look like atlantis uniforms, but still atlantis' look less real...

Comment

I see the similiarities. Pretty interesting indeed.
                  Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                    well yeah they kinda look like atlantis uniforms, but still atlantis' look less real...
                    How so? Who is to say that the uniforms we use today are going to be the same in the next decade or so?

Uniforms change...

Comment

Jerry is right. A while back (I think it was the Army) the Army released design plans for their possible new uniforms. Most of them looked like they came right out of Star Trek.
                      Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

They look like PJ's!
                        The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

So the new uniforms are based off of NASA instead of the Air Force? Interesting...

wonder if they will use teh P90's or the new Personal Defense Weapon the Army has been developing...

The Man

Comment

I don't mind the uniforms anymore. By the looks of it only the Civs will be wearing them. And they don't look to bad in good lighting. I think it was just the BAD promotional pictures that made it look so bad. In the actual show they seem to fit.
                            It feels good to be alive.
                            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Whered you see it at?!
                              "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Working...
                              X