One question not being asked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One question not being asked

How is it that this unknown ship opened two hyperspace windows in the atmosphere of the planet? We know from previous SG episodes it is incredibly dangerous and possibly catastrophic to open hyperspace windows so close to the planet.

We never saw in SG1 that the asguard (or us using their tech) able to do this safely, nor has it been suggested anywhere that the ancients could do this. So is this one of janus's secret experiments? and if it is why would it be secret?

The Asgard have beaming technology there is really no reason to inter the atmosphere. The Ancients had beaming technology and rings. Same for them. Also we don't know why it is dangerous it could just be a situational thing like electronic interference in the atmosphere or other things that a ship can scan for.

Comment

Originally posted by WookiE View Post
      How is it that this unknown ship opened two hyperspace windows in the atmosphere of the planet? We know from previous SG episodes it is incredibly dangerous and possibly catastrophic to open hyperspace windows so close to the planet.

We never saw in SG1 that the asguard (or us using their tech) able to do this safely, nor has it been suggested anywhere that the ancients could do this. So is this one of janus's secret experiments? and if it is why would it be secret?
      Thats easy. They use Magnets. Magnets can do anything.

Comment

Well the new race
        Spoiler:
        the Asgard
        so it's no surprise that they are able to make hyperspace windows at those altitudes.
        sigpic
        by Snowflake Shona

Comment

But if that is the case

Spoiler:
          why cant we do it? we have all their tech from only a few years ago

Comment

Maybe its harder to exit hyperspace close to a planet. When conducting a commando raid though it would be an advantage so it would be worth the extra effort.
            sigpic

Comment

Well since
              Spoiler:
              they are the asgard they are advanced enough to do it but perhaps the lost tribe found a way to make it safe enough and that would be a reason why we the tauri arent able to do it.

PS: lot's of spoilers so beware
              sigpic
              by Snowflake Shona

Comment

A better question is why didn't they detect the ship while it was in hyperspace heading to Atlantis?

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Im guessing it must be a mix of Janus tech and Lost tribe tech into a form of super tech.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                    A better question is why didn't they detect the ship while it was in hyperspace heading to Atlantis?
                    Officer was reading a book, not looking screen.
                    Asgard in memoriam

Comment

I agree I was thinking about this question.

It does seem like a high level technology. My theory is these people decided to risk it.

First It is not there planet.
                      Second If they don't do it it gives the Atlantians a chance to prepare proper defenses. If Atlantis had a chance they could have assembled a squad of Jumpers or Power up the chair to attack.

O'neill risk it in redemption with a highly charge get on a 302 with naquadriah engine.
                      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by General Yogi Bear View Post
                        Thats easy. They use Magnets. Magnets can do anything.
                        Thats what a poster on a current affairs board I am on says ALL the time, usually followed by the Ford company having a patent on a water powered car......and he means it, I suspect he spends his entire life wearing silver foil........

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis- View Post
                          Officer was reading a book, not looking screen.

That was true. it did look like he was 'taking a nap' so to speak.

Comment

You cant detect vessles in hyperspace. Atlantis always detects the Wraith cuz they have to make those jumps. Like whenever a ship jumps away from us someone asks can we follow, can we track and they say no. Thor was able to follow the replicator ship cuz he knew where it was heading. Though it was wierd that they were in same hyperspace tunnel (don't think think example should be considered the norm)

Comment

Originally posted by PMN1 View Post
                              Thats what a poster on a current affairs board I am on says ALL the time, usually followed by the Ford company having a patent on a water powered car......and he means it, I suspect he spends his entire life wearing silver foil........
                              Lmfao! It's an ongoing joke in the forum to explain unemplainable tech. Magnets rule.

Comment

Working...
                              X