Interception?(Attero Device-Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interception?(Attero Device-Spoilers)

Ok from First Contact, it's pretty much revealed that Hyperspace uses different frequencies. From that, it would be possible to say that the Pegasus and Milky Way gates use different ranges of frequencies, hence needing the "Control Crystal" to dial extra-galactic.

Since the Wraiths Hyperdrive is affected through the Attero Device AND active PEGASUS gates are affected (cannot close down, such as that the "static" mentioned is just filling into the buffer), it should be enough info so that we actually know that their Frequency range overlaps.

If this occurs, wouldn't Wraith vessels be able to "intercept" Pegasus wormhole if they set a hyperdrive course along one? If this occurred, what would happen? Would the matter stream effectively "splat" on the side of the Wraith ship, or would it be somewhat unable to rematerialise on the other side?

I'm not sure what to think of it, unless someone can explain to me in a logical way what would most likely happen.

P.S. Along with this, I believe I now sit/stand corrected on the fact of the rumours that the new enemies were in fact Asgard (just saw that spoiler vid), and also, gates and hyperspace use different frequencies within subspace.(In which I originally didn't accept those theories, but now i've been give the 1up by the writers)

You should use spoiler tags on stuff there.

My oppinion is that the gates are kind of like the rings but transmit the matter stream through subspace.
    Spoiler:
    I don't beleive that the gates use the same subspace frequencies as the wraith do but the event horizon is a type of hyperspace/realspace bridge which couldn't contain the subspace interfearence.

And even if the gate used the same subspace frequencies as the wraith you would not re-materialise within the wraith ship unless the wraith ship had an active stargate aboard. But gates can't be activated if they are moveing too fast.

Comment

its like flying on an altitude of 2000 foot, and its turbulent. gates work on 1900 foot. its slightly turbulent. asgard fly at 3000 foot, ancients at, like 4000 foot or so. no affection whatsoever.

or a gate works like a mobile phone, and switches frequencies tousands of times a second.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        its like flying on an altitude of 2000 foot, and its turbulent. gates work on 1900 foot. its slightly turbulent. asgard fly at 3000 foot, ancients at, like 4000 foot or so. no affection whatsoever.

or a gate works like a mobile phone, and switches frequencies tousands of times a second.
        I prefer the 2nd explanation. For me Gates are supposed to naturally compensate for any problem out there (planet shifting, presence of a star in-between and so on). By using different frequencies, they ensure that you van always open a wormhole between the origin and the destination.

When you activate the Attero device, you are affecting one of those particular ranges of frequency. And that is why the Stargate is affected as well. So my bet is that like Arcturus, the Attero device is dangerous whatever the way you use it. Except if you don't really rly on gate travel and don't give a damn about the rest of the galaxy...
        La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
        L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

or use avenger

Comment

or use avenger
            i don't really remmeber what it does : shut down completely the gates or mess up with the gate network.

If that's the second one it won't be that useful since that gate would still be sufficiently active to blow up.
            La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
            L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

mess with the gate system so it doesnt funtion anymore

Comment

or a gate works like a mobile phone, and switches frequencies thousands of times a second.
                That's why I said they work on a small range of frequencies for each tech.
                Look at what i'm saying, its like how some animals can hear different frequencies of sound, but many overlap. The Attero device basically would be like a sound pitch of the certain frequency that affects the middle-near-end of the Wraiths spectrum, whereas just the end of the Gate's spectrum perhaps.(After all, I don't recall anyone saying that P'Gs are made from Naq) The Gate may just be on the other way around, as in they're on the extreme frequency and the Wraith HS tech are somewhere within that boundary. Gavo, this should answer your question, if not, it's simply the matter of frequencies overlapping, and since the Attero device submits through basically only one freq (or so we know), it'd be like 2 strips of paper overlapping and the Attero device being a knife cutting through them.

And yes, the Avenger system would be good, but you'd have to make a copy of the entire Antlantis database entry for the Gates, and we don't know how much memory that might take, because for all we know, Atlantis might just be the main Hub. Even if we do knock out the gate system, remember what happened on the Avenger 2.0 episode? Ba'al manipulated the virus/code so that it'll be harder to unset it. If the Gates are down, then whoever has the biggest fleet of ships will reign for the time.
                Perhaps the Rogues (i'm calling the new Asgards that) already have some super-sweet above-O'Neill style ships, but from minerals from the P'G. Not sure on the standing if the Rogues were meant to be introduced as enemies, or just another race, but as enemies, and if against Ancients, then why not make a super-dialler, open every gate, and Attero it? On the other part of that plan would mean you need a freakload of ships (or just enough very very good ones) to corral the Hives n Cruisers into hyperspace. Then, you'd need to go through the rest of the galaxy and take out the land targets, since apparently they can grow ships, and when they change hyperspace tech, and hence change their frequency, the Attero device would have to be retuned. That would mean, we'd have to capture a current Hive/Cruiser (i'm starting to feel a GWVF feel right now) and find out the frequency band they travel on.
                This would go on until you can find the ship building planets and just f them over.

Mind you, there's the option of obliterating the gate system, (ok, this'll be like enzymes) by either making them inert, or frying them up until they can't do anything useful at all.

Also, I believe if we made our own Attero device in MW(or similar), and used it against the Replicators (blocks, no Asurans), it wouldn't be effective, since they're pretty much the Goa'uld on the larger scale of scavenging tech.

Comment

We've seen both interception and gate destruction before. the asgard retrieved thor from the matter stream in his medical stasis pod and their was the ancient gate destroyer used by anubis to try and destroy the earth gate around season six i think it was. Its possible that these were developed because the Attero device gave them the idea. janus returned to earth so it could of been him that created the gate destroyer, just a thought.

Comment

avenger works perfect. keep attero on, and no wraith can go anywhere.

if anyone shuts the network down again, re-activate attero

Comment

Working...
                    X