PDA

View Full Version : Was That A Ancient Ship?

Bboyce109
September 28th, 2008, 04:53 PM
To me it looked like a larger version of the puddle jumper.

Shpinxinator
September 28th, 2008, 04:56 PM
THAT is a very good question...my vote is going to be no though....mostly because the ship had a very specific drop door which allowed them to jump out which doesn't fit with most ancient ships

Wolf O'Donnell
September 28th, 2008, 04:58 PM
To me it looked like a larger version of the puddle jumper.

are you talking about the new alien races ships from "First Contact"?

unluckynumber11
September 28th, 2008, 05:00 PM
THAT is a very good question...my vote is going to be no though....mostly because the ship had a very specific drop door which allowed them to jump out which doesn't fit with most ancient ships

what do you mean no? of course it's an ancient ship! they're the only kind of ship that can go through Atlantis's shields *palm on forehead*

Bboyce109
September 28th, 2008, 05:01 PM
yes im talking about the ship from first contact used by the lost tribe of______.

DaxFlowLyfe
September 28th, 2008, 05:59 PM
No its not an ancient ship.

Heres your answer
It is an Asgard version of a puddlejumper, the Asgard were the allies of the ancients and have the ability to pass through ancient sheilds because of the trust they had as allies.

jenks
September 28th, 2008, 06:02 PM
^^ How do you know that?

FallenAngelII
September 28th, 2008, 06:05 PM
No.

Ancient ships are sharp angles, blocky design, with random lines etched into the hull. This ship was smooth, rounded and its engines looked quite different from Lantean engines as well, if memory serves me. It's also made of entirely different materials than the other Lantean ships from what we can tell.

In Stargate, each race has specific designs for their ships; color schemes, colors, design, geometry, etc. This looked nothing like a Lantean ship.

YutheGreat
September 28th, 2008, 06:07 PM
It is an ancient ship the engine pods alone look ANcienty.

I suspect it is the Ancient's version of a troop transport. you know that think emerges out of hyperspace in the atmosphere to bypass wraith in fleet in orbit drop the SWAT team above a wraith outpost or battle a wraith army hand to hand or they go in plant bombs and get out.

Rac80
September 28th, 2008, 06:07 PM
No.

Ancient ships are sharp angles, blocky design, with random lines etched into the hull. This ship was smooth, rounded and its engines looked quite different from Lantean engines as well, if memory serves me. It's also made of entirely different materials than the other Lantean ships from what we can tell.

In Stargate, each race has specific designs for their ships; color schemes, colors, design, geometry, etc. This looked nothing like a Lantean ship.

well, having been spoilered I can tell you -
the lost tribe are asgard so it was a pegasus galaxy asgard ship! ;)

DaxFlowLyfe
September 28th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Because it is true?

Scifi channels website even posted a preview for the next episode that shows the exact same thing the preview spoiler clip does.
The Asgard

And the ships are definately not ancient tech because it looks nothing like any tech from any time in their existance weve found
It looks like smooth shaped Asgard tech, and its rediculous to think that they were around when the ancients made the stargates and didnt make a gateship of their own. All weve seen are motherships, of course Asgard made smaller ships, and now we see one, an Asgard gateship.

FallenAngelII
September 28th, 2008, 06:14 PM
well, having been spoilered I can tell you -
the lost tribe are asgard so it was a pegasus galaxy asgard ship! ;)
Of course I know that. How could I not with the many people disregarding the embargo on spoilers and spoiling the identity of the *bananas* willy nilly?

I'm arguing it off the assumption that the people I'm debating have not read the spoilers, not do they wish to. I'm refuting the notion using arguments, past precedence and evidence, not spoilers.

And if we compare it to Lantean ships, they're nothing alike.

jds1982
That ship was way too large to be a gateship, although it did look something like a large Puddle Jumper.

Bboyce109
that ship is too big to be a gateship

jenks
September 28th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Because it is true?

Scifi channels website even posted a preview for the next episode that shows the exact same thing the preview spoiler clip does.
The Asgard

It's pure speculation! There's no proof of anything in that clip, at least nothing to do with the ship anyway.

And the ships are definately not ancient tech because it looks nothing like any tech from any time in their existance weve found
It looks like smooth shaped Asgard tech, and its rediculous to think that they were around when the ancients made the stargates and didnt make a gateship of their own. All weve seen are motherships, of course Asgard made smaller ships, and now we see one, an Asgard gateship.

It looks like a suped up Puddle Jumper. It looks a lot more like Ancient tech than any other races we've seen imo. And it's far too big to fit through the gate, it's definitely not a gateship of any sort.

The biggest hint we've had as to who the ship belonged to was the "Ancient ships can do it" line IMO. I mean they've got an Ancient outpost, and they've come for Ancient tech, is it that much of a stretch that they came in an Ancient ship too? It might turn out to be a _____ ship, but at this point we have no idea, and it's definitely not fact as far as we know.

FallenAngelII
September 28th, 2008, 06:16 PM
It looks like a suped up Puddle Jumper. It looks a lot morelike Ancient tech than any other races we've seen imo.
Reply to my posts in this thread. What part of the ship looks Ancienty?

This is faulty. The ship is several times the size of a gate. What gates would it fit through, *banana* Super Gates?

jenks
September 28th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Reply to my posts in this thread. What part of the ship looks Ancienty?

What's the magic word?

FallenAngelII
September 28th, 2008, 06:29 PM
What's the magic word?
P-lease.

jenks
September 28th, 2008, 06:35 PM
As soon as I saw it I thought it had the same look about it as a Puddle Jumper, they look like they're made in a similar style to me...

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/7423/99292557fu2.jpg

...and the propulsion looks more Ancient-like than any ships I can recall seeing on Stargate too.

FallenAngelII
September 28th, 2008, 06:39 PM
As soon as I saw it I thought it had the same look about it as a Puddle Jumper, they look like they're made in a similar style to me...
They have a similar style? How? PJs are box-shaped things, these are much longer and a lot more like warships.

...and the propulsion looks more Ancient-like than any ships I can recall seeing on Stargate too.
Looks freakishly a lot like Earth ships to me, actually. The only real difference seems to be the colour of the engine burns or whatever they're called.

Bboyce109
September 28th, 2008, 06:41 PM
The engines pop out just like the puddle jumpers, they have the same color and sort of the same design.

RepliVeggie
September 28th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I faceplam to anyone who doesn't think its an Ancient ship. The drive pods were the writers way of saying this is an ancient ship. And then the girl tech even said "Ancients can do it"

Its obviously some sort of transport ship of the Ancients.

jenks
September 28th, 2008, 06:46 PM
They have a similar style? How? PJs are box-shaped things, these are much longer and a lot more like warships.

I'd say they more like cylinders. They're very rounded like this ship, and they have extendable side 'pods' like this ship. Not sure what the size has to do with the style, the similarities are striking to my eyes.

Looks freakishly a lot like Earth ships to me, actually. The only real difference seems to be the colour of the engine burns or whatever they're called.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season4/411-BeAllMySinsRememberd/screencaps/normal_atl_411_0780.JPG

Bboyce109
September 28th, 2008, 06:49 PM
If anything in the above picture the ancient engines color matches the lost tribe ships engine.

FallenAngelII
September 28th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I faceplam to anyone who doesn't think its an Ancient ship. The drive pods were the writers way of saying this is an ancient ship. And then the girl tech even said "Ancients can do it"

Its obviously some sort of transport ship of the Ancients.
Are you saying that the Asgard possess the ATA gene? They were trying to insinuate that the aliens were Ancients, thus the female tech mentioning them, but we know they're Asgard.

Shpinxinator
September 28th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Not all Ancient tech requires the ATA gene

DaxFlowLyfe
September 28th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Once again answer

The asgard are piloting the ship, Asgard have their own ships, ITS an Asgard ship! And they can pass through ancient shields because they were VERY VERY close allies with the ancients

Franklyn Blaze
September 28th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Are you saying that the Asgard possess the ATA gene? They were trying to insinuate that the aliens were Ancients, thus the female tech mentioning them, but we know they're Asgard.

If the people in travelers could build an interface to bypass the ata I don't doubt others could too.

jash
September 28th, 2008, 07:13 PM
there back!!!!!

rarocks24
September 28th, 2008, 07:41 PM
If the people in travelers could build an interface to bypass the ata I don't doubt others could too.
But if they could, why steal Daniel and Rodney? They needed someone with the ATA gene to activate the device. If they could build an interface to bypass the ATA-gene, what would be the point of keeping them?

Franklyn Blaze
September 28th, 2008, 08:28 PM
But if they could, why steal Daniel and Rodney? They needed someone with the ATA gene to activate the device. If they could build an interface to bypass the ATA-gene, what would be the point of keeping them?

Ya got me there. :) Guess we'll find out in 2 weeks, or not and still be confused about their ship!

Mitchell82
September 28th, 2008, 08:40 PM
It's pure speculation! There's no proof of anything in that clip, at least nothing to do with the ship anyway.

It looks like a suped up Puddle Jumper. It looks a lot more like Ancient tech than any other races we've seen imo. And it's far too big to fit through the gate, it's definitely not a gateship of any sort.

The biggest hint we've had as to who the ship belonged to was the "Ancient ships can do it" line IMO. I mean they've got an Ancient outpost, and they've come for Ancient tech, is it that much of a stretch that they came in an Ancient ship too? It might turn out to be a _____ ship, but at this point we have no idea, and it's definitely not fact as far as we know.
My guess is this tribe of Asgard came across this lab which had the Attero device and other tech possible a prototype jumper and the Asgard used there knowledge and made a retrofitted version of a pj.

jenks
September 28th, 2008, 08:58 PM

The Travelers were able to make an interface, and if they could do it...

Once again answer

The asgard are piloting the ship, Asgard have their own ships, ITS an Asgard ship! And they can pass through ancient shields because they were VERY VERY close allies with the ancients

It doesn't matter how many times your repeat it, it still doesn't make it fact.

Franklyn Blaze
September 28th, 2008, 09:15 PM
My guess is this tribe of Asgard came across this lab which had the Attero device and other tech possible a prototype jumper and the Asgard used there knowledge and made a retrofitted version of a pj.

FFS use spoiler tags. See, tags ^^^^^^^^

Nadji
September 29th, 2008, 01:30 AM

Exactly my argument, also you would assume that Janus's Outpost Lab would require the gene also. But as Franklyn Blaze said, we will have to wait and see

FallenAngelII
September 29th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Not all Ancient tech requires the ATA gene
Ships do.

Ya got me there. :) Guess we'll find out in 2 weeks, or not and still be confused about their ship!
Why 2? What's happening next week?

The Travelers were able to make an interface, and if they could do it...
Yet they needed Rodney to activate the Attero Device for them?

Gate-builder
September 29th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Once again answer

You don't know that for sure. Also this ship looks nothing like an Asgard ship IMO. If I remember correctly every Asgard ship we have seen has had big tower-like structures at the back, this one didn't. It had jumper-like pods instead.

FallenAngelII
September 29th, 2008, 01:58 AM
You don't know that for sure. Also this ship looks nothing like an Asgard ship IMO. If I remember correctly every Asgard ship we have seen has had big tower-like structures at the back, this one didn't. It had jumper-like pods instead.
Ancient ships have lots of sharp angles, are made out of a certain kind of material with certain color schemes, have patterns on them, have random lights placed on them.

Seriously, "it has pods"?

asgard.prior
September 29th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Well I posted my thoughts before in another thread:

I do not believe that the ship is a smaller asgard type of transport vessel.
There a two things that the writers obviously wanted to point out:
Firstly, as some of you have stated before, the ship truely looked like an ancient ship with a design quite similar to a puddle jumper.
Secondly, why should that women in the control tower mention that "ancient ships can do it" (=pass the city-shields) if there's no deeper meaning behind that sentence?

We have a ship that looks like an oversized puddler jumper and that ship can pass ancients shields,just like ancient ships can do. This cannot be a coincidence. Imho the writers wanted to give us a hint about where the technology, at least some parts these asgards are using is from.

And by the way: Did no one else wonder why these asgards are so persistent in whiping out the wraith at all costs?
Ok, this is speculative but I for one cannot think of another reason but a connection between the ancients in this galaxy, these rogue asgards and the wraith- they must have some sort history in common.

tombombadil
September 29th, 2008, 02:47 AM
how funny would it be if the writers leaked a fake spoiler video and they aren't the asgard at all?
ship looks ancienty to me, cylindrical like a PJ and drive pod(great band name?) things. to be honest it looks like one of the smaller towers on a city ship came detatched.....and as for the whole ATA gene, isn't it possible this ship doesn't require it?

asgard.prior
September 29th, 2008, 03:33 AM
This would be funny indeed, but I do not believe that the writers would put that much effort in winding us up.
The Asgard in this galaxy seem to have had a very close relation to the ancients.Perhaps thats why they want to wipe out the wraith while the mw-asgards did not seem to care about the wraith despite their conflict with the replicators.
My guess is that they are using acient tech,combined with their own and they don't know who to get the janus-device working. This has in fact nothing to do with a a-gene-if I remember correctly one of them said to Daniel and Mckay "get the device working/operational" and not "activate it, because we cannot due to our genetic-structure"...

joren2525
September 29th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Yes I would say that it was an Ancient ship, if you re-watch it on a DVR you can pause it at a certain point just as it is flying over the water towards atlantis. If you look closely you can see Ancient symbols on the back of the ship.

DaxFlowLyfe
September 29th, 2008, 08:17 AM
none of your points making sense that its an ancient ship.

So lets see, they can pilot and use the consoles inside an ancient ship but not access a console that controlls the weapon?

Asgard Ship.
Seriously, the Asgard have their own technology and are extremely advanced, they dont need someone elses ships when they have their own.

Pharaoh Atem
September 29th, 2008, 08:20 AM
it looked like a cooler bigger puddle jumper

tombombadil
September 29th, 2008, 11:35 AM
is it just me, or was the ship slightly phallic? disturbing, i know, but still....:S

flameling
September 29th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I think it was Tom. But any way, probably all Ancient all _________ or a mix of both.

AncientOne
September 29th, 2008, 12:41 PM

I agree that it's an Ancient Ship. It looks like a transport ship or something. I actually think it's a unique ship Janus created that the Asgard took because they knew it would breach Atlanis' shields.

The drive pods look like a PJ drive pod. But the hull is entirely Ancient. You can't really see it in this image, but I remember seeing etchings almost exactly like a PJ on the frontal view as they were flying in. The yellow lights are hyperdrive engines. A lot of races have this look. Ancient, Tau'ri, Asgard, so this isn't a far stretch for me to grasp that Janus wanted to make an advanced PJ with a hyperdrive.

Let's not forget that it passed through the city shields. Amelia and Sheppard both noted that it passed through the shields like only an Ancient ship could. Rather than go all complicated and assume (because that's all it is, an assumption) the ship is Asgard, I rather look at all the facts, which point to it being Ancient. There is no indication that the Asgard could bypass Ancient shields, even if they were allies. By all records, the Ancients were still far more advanced than the Asgard.

People are assuming that this ship is Asgard because they are all powerful and don't need help. But let's be honest, we don't know who these Asgard are. We don't know their current state or why they need battle armor. They could be clones created by Janus. They could be a long lost Asgard cousins. They could have salvaged that Ancient ship from Janus' lab. No one knows.

I will say that both my roommate and I both started screaming when it showed up. My exact words were, "Holy %$^@! It's a [email protected]$$ Puddlejumper!"

mizzoueng
September 29th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I think it was an ancient ship. We have no idea what other types of ships they had when the wraith war was going on. We know from earlier in season 1 that there were ancient transport ships, but we haven't seen one, just the warships.

Maybe this was a transport ship. It makes sense as the opening of the ship could have been used to transport goods like grains and other items through stargates much like the Aschen did.

And as for the "new race" not needing their own ships, if you were planning a tactical strike on Atlantis and need a sure fire way to get through the shields, a captured transport ship with the ability to phase through the shields would be the logical choice. Why run the risk of your ship not being perfectly aligned to go through when you know for sure that the Ancient ship you found can go through?

It also does not make sense that the Ancients would just hand out the frequency of their shields. Even if they were BFFs, why run the risk of handing your shield frequencies out, which is your last line of defense, to a race that could be a liability in the future. This race is a militaristic race, I would not hand my shields over to them no matter what.

The pods were the first sign of ANcient design. I think the pods were more for hyperspace travel rather than looking like a PJ, but whatever.

LAstly, not all Ancient ships are smooth. The warships look like giant hunks of metal, there is nothing smooth about them. I think this had a lot to do with the Ancients having to build fast and dirty during the war, this ship was built with some appeal to it, so maybe it was built pre-wraith, then it may not need the ATA gene to be operated.

garhkal
September 29th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I am in agreement. It was either a supersized puddle jumper or based of one. But i do like the 'troop' transport idea.

RepliVeggie
September 29th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I think alot of peoples problem is that just cuz these are

Asgard
that they are as advanced as our
Asgard
They dont seem it to me.

Rac80
September 29th, 2008, 06:40 PM

it's not the size.......

they have never heard mckay whine? :P:P

Ships do.

Why 2? What's happening next week?

Yet they needed Rodney to activate the Attero Device for them?

Sanctuary premiere is next week on scifi, 2 hours long.

jweb82
September 30th, 2008, 05:43 AM
This is not an Ancient Ship. As stated in this episode each race hyperdrive units has their own signature. When the ship appeared (detected by Atlantis sensers) it’s hyperdrive signature was not in the Atlantis database unlike the Ancients, Wraith, Human etc. So it could not be an Ancient Designed ship, but how it went through the City shields we will just have to wait to find out how this new race was able to do it.

mizzoueng
September 30th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I didn't think they were looking for the hyperdrive signature for the IFF. Each ship (from my understanding) has a typical signal that it emits, this is the IFF. I understood it as a natural signal that the communications array of a ship produced when within scanning range. If they were looking for the hyperdrive signal, wouldn't that signal only be active when the ship is using its hyperdrive? Once they drop out of hyperspace the HD goes idle and wasn't producing anything to give off a signal.

jweb82
October 1st, 2008, 03:27 AM
On the screen when the ship appeared it stated “hyperspace window detected unknown IFF”. I will admit I don’t know what signal(s) the city computers look for, but I assumed it was able to by the HS window. But the long range sensors are able to detected Ancient and Wraith ships(and possible others). That is how they found the Ancient Ship Aurora. Seeing that Atlantis has the newest tech. And had all the info on all Ancient ships it should have come up as one. Unless made by a group of Ancients that sated behind in the Pegasus Galaxy. But we have seen other tech. in the stargate universe able to go through another race shields, such as the Kull Warrior and Ancients Drones are some of the tech, other than Ancients ships. I still believe that is the new race ship but I will have to wait and see!

MCH
October 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM

Maybe time is important and they need to get the device up and running quickly, hence taking Daniel and Rodney to Janus lab
OR
Yes they could build an interface to bypass the need for the ATA gene, but maybe Janus securiety measure meant the interface would not work.
OR
FinallyThe Asgard had only just found the device, so didn't have time to to completely rescearch the device. If they had found the problem with the device, I wonder if they would have gone ahead and activate the device.

MCH

MCH

FallenAngelII
October 1st, 2008, 02:32 PM
FinallyThe Asgard had only just found the device, so didn't have time to to completely rescearch the device. If they had found the problem with the device, I wonder if they would have gone ahead and activate the device.

MCH

MCH
Don't spoiler mark things that don't need to be spoiler marked (anything up to "First Contact" for this sub-forum).

Anyway, what makes you think they just found out about the device. They apparently knew what it did. They also knew it required the ATA gene. I doubt they just saw the beacon, said "Hey, Ancient device!", went and retrieved it and got Rodney to activate it for the lulz.

Bboyce109
October 1st, 2008, 03:02 PM
The ______ could not activate the attero device because they needed the second part to it, and the lab on the icy planet activated or turned on because they found Janus's secret lab. My idea of the IFF is that all earth ships have it to tell which ship it is not any other alien ship that's why they thought it was the Daedalus at first.

FallenAngelII
October 1st, 2008, 03:13 PM
The ______ could not activate the attero device because they needed the second part to it, and the lab on the icy planet activated or turned on because they found Janus's secret lab. My idea of the IFF is that all earth ships have it to tell which ship it is not any other alien ship that's why they thought it was the Daedalus at first.
They were already there when the beacon started receiving signals, or at least we're lead to believe that. It certainly looked like it.

They specifically said "Alert the others. The device has been activated.". They knew about it, they'd been there for a long enough time to know that that light lighting up meant the Attero device had been activated and they knew exactly how to locate it.

Bboyce109
October 1st, 2008, 03:20 PM
The______ could have been there for a long time but the screen and the systems turned on because Janus's lab was discovered not because of them being there, it seems to me they were waiting for some one to activate on atlantis because they could not find the city? either way we still have another week till we find out more of why ______ are in the Pegasus Galaxy.

rlr149
October 1st, 2008, 03:28 PM
the 'lost tribe' borrowed the ship from the furlings and didn't return it.

flameling
October 1st, 2008, 04:00 PM
the 'lost tribe' borrowed the ship from the furlings and didn't return it.

Unless they are lost furlings!

FallenAngelII
October 1st, 2008, 04:52 PM
The______ could have been there for a long time but the screen and the systems turned on because Janus's lab was discovered not because of them being there, it seems to me they were waiting for some one to activate on atlantis because they could not find the city? either way we still have another week till we find out more of why ______ are in the Pegasus Galaxy.
If they had been there for "a long time", why in the world would they not have known where the city used to be, before the city moved, and just gone there? In fact, since their ship can go through shields, they could've even gone to the city while it was underwater.

The Wraith all knew where it was, after all. Also, the systems looked like they had been on for a very long time. The episode made no allusions to that the systems just randomly booted up once Janus' lab was discovered.

NIKIN
October 2nd, 2008, 12:23 AM
The episode made no allusions to that the systems just randomly booted up once Janus' lab was discovered.

yes it did, Janus' lab was discovered, everything activated. Shot of device with blinking light

Cut to aliens at other lab, equipment activates, they state the device is active and go to atlantis to steal the necessary part.

It seems quite obvious that the activation of the lab on atlantis is what caused the Aterro lab to activate

FallenAngelII
October 2nd, 2008, 06:02 AM
yes it did, Janus' lab was discovered, everything activated. Shot of device with blinking light

Cut to aliens at other lab, equipment activates, they state the device is active and go to atlantis to steal the necessary part.

It seems quite obvious that the activation of the lab on atlantis is what caused the Aterro lab to activate
Then why, pray tell, were the aliens already in that other lab? This would seem to indicate that they were already there, that the lab had been activate for some time.

Why would they sit on their behinds in a darkened lab that's not even activated waiting for it to activate? It makes no sense. Why would they even know what that light meant and how to immediately track it? The events suggest they'd been there for a long time, that they'd been using the lab for a long time and that they knew exactly what that beacon meant.

YutheGreat
October 2nd, 2008, 06:22 AM
I wonder how did they manage mot emerging inside the city or inside a rock or under the sea. They had to have a precise location point. Do you think they had a spy satellite watching Atlantis?

Valos Cor
October 2nd, 2008, 06:53 AM
has everyone completly ignored the fact that there suits are not KNOWN asgard tech . . and the asgard now are more muscular . . they're completly differant asgard imo . .

The ship is asgard . . it matches the suits they had (orange)