Was That A Ancient Ship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was That A Ancient Ship?

To me it looked like a larger version of the puddle jumper.

THAT is a very good question...my vote is going to be no though....mostly because the ship had a very specific drop door which allowed them to jump out which doesn't fit with most ancient ships
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by Bboyce109 View Post
      To me it looked like a larger version of the puddle jumper.
      are you talking about the new alien races ships from "First Contact"?

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
        THAT is a very good question...my vote is going to be no though....mostly because the ship had a very specific drop door which allowed them to jump out which doesn't fit with most ancient ships
        what do you mean no? of course it's an ancient ship! they're the only kind of ship that can go through Atlantis's shields *palm on forehead*

KEEP IT CLEAN
        Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
        Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

yes im talking about the ship from first contact used by the lost tribe of______.

Comment

No its not an ancient ship.

Heres your answer
            Spoiler:
            It is an Asgard version of a puddlejumper, the Asgard were the allies of the ancients and have the ability to pass through ancient sheilds because of the trust they had as allies.

Comment

^^ How do you know that?

Comment

No.

Ancient ships are sharp angles, blocky design, with random lines etched into the hull. This ship was smooth, rounded and its engines looked quite different from Lantean engines as well, if memory serves me. It's also made of entirely different materials than the other Lantean ships from what we can tell.

In Stargate, each race has specific designs for their ships; color schemes, colors, design, geometry, etc. This looked nothing like a Lantean ship.

Comment

It is an ancient ship the engine pods alone look ANcienty.

I suspect it is the Ancient's version of a troop transport. you know that think emerges out of hyperspace in the atmosphere to bypass wraith in fleet in orbit drop the SWAT team above a wraith outpost or battle a wraith army hand to hand or they go in plant bombs and get out.
                  Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                    No.

Ancient ships are sharp angles, blocky design, with random lines etched into the hull. This ship was smooth, rounded and its engines looked quite different from Lantean engines as well, if memory serves me. It's also made of entirely different materials than the other Lantean ships from what we can tell.

In Stargate, each race has specific designs for their ships; color schemes, colors, design, geometry, etc. This looked nothing like a Lantean ship.
                    well, having been spoilered I can tell you -
                    Spoiler:
                    the lost tribe are asgard so it was a pegasus galaxy asgard ship!

Comment

Because it is true?

Scifi channels website even posted a preview for the next episode that shows the exact same thing the preview spoiler clip does.
                      Spoiler:
                      The Asgard

And the ships are definately not ancient tech because it looks nothing like any tech from any time in their existance weve found
                      Spoiler:
                      It looks like smooth shaped Asgard tech, and its rediculous to think that they were around when the ancients made the stargates and didnt make a gateship of their own. All weve seen are motherships, of course Asgard made smaller ships, and now we see one, an Asgard gateship.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                        well, having been spoilered I can tell you -
                        Spoiler:
                        the lost tribe are asgard so it was a pegasus galaxy asgard ship!
                        Of course I know that. How could I not with the many people disregarding the embargo on spoilers and spoiling the identity of the *bananas* willy nilly?

I'm arguing it off the assumption that the people I'm debating have not read the spoilers, not do they wish to. I'm refuting the notion using arguments, past precedence and evidence, not spoilers.

And if we compare it to Lantean ships, they're nothing alike.

Comment

That ship was way too large to be a gateship, although it did look something like a large Puddle Jumper.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

that ship is too big to be a gateship

Comment

Originally posted by DaxFlowLyfe View Post
                              Because it is true?

Scifi channels website even posted a preview for the next episode that shows the exact same thing the preview spoiler clip does.
                              Spoiler:
                              The Asgard
                              It's pure speculation! There's no proof of anything in that clip, at least nothing to do with the ship anyway.

And the ships are definately not ancient tech because it looks nothing like any tech from any time in their existance weve found
                              Spoiler:
                              It looks like smooth shaped Asgard tech, and its rediculous to think that they were around when the ancients made the stargates and didnt make a gateship of their own. All weve seen are motherships, of course Asgard made smaller ships, and now we see one, an Asgard gateship.
                              It looks like a suped up Puddle Jumper. It looks a lot more like Ancient tech than any other races we've seen imo. And it's far too big to fit through the gate, it's definitely not a gateship of any sort.

The biggest hint we've had as to who the ship belonged to was the "Ancient ships can do it" line IMO. I mean they've got an Ancient outpost, and they've come for Ancient tech, is it that much of a stretch that they came in an Ancient ship too? It might turn out to be a _____ ship, but at this point we have no idea, and it's definitely not fact as far as we know.

Comment

Working...
                              X