Has Daniel Lost His Touch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Daniel Lost His Touch?

When i first heard that Dr. Jackson was coming back for a few episodes i was happy even though i liked first contact to me Daniel has lost his touch. He use to give good speeches to Morgan le fay, or the priors, etc...( especially in the powers that be with the whole argument). But In first contact he didn't sound so smart when trying to convince the lost tribe of not using the attero device, to me he lost his diplomatic skills and i hope they make him better speeches for the next episode.

His long speech comes next episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Bboyce109 View Post
      When i first heard that Dr. Jackson was coming back for a few episodes i was happy even though i liked first contact to me Daniel has lost his touch. He use to give good speeches to Morgan le fay, or the priors, etc...( especially in the powers that be with the whole argument). But In first contact he didn't sound so smart when trying to convince the lost tribe of not using the attero device, to me he lost his diplomatic skills and i hope they make him better speeches for the next episode.
      he didn't really have a chance to tell one of his speeches, especially when he's saying it to mr. talky mcsezalot

KEEP IT CLEAN
      Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
      Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

No.

Comment

Daniel is still Daniel... just a lot more battle-hardened and has lost his idealism for cold pragmatism.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

He look way too smug when he first beamed down. I kinda wanted to smack him a little. It has been awhile since there was a Daniel centric episode not just because of the cancellation but he was still mostly there.

I don't think he knows Rodney enough to give his long speach maybe he has it mostly for Ancient and ascended beings. WHen they meet the leader of these people you'll see some Danny speak.
            Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
              Daniel is still Daniel... just a lot more battle-hardened and has lost his idealism for cold pragmatism.
              Funny how everyone keeps saying that. Although he has being through a lot, I think he still has the same basic values and ideals. Everyone seems to forget in season one he slaughtered immature symbiotes, as a revenge for loosing his wife. He has his ideals but he is human. He has his gung ho moments as everyone else but his first instincs are to establish dialogue, to try to bridge differences. To whine about the " the aliens might be life suckers but still have their right to life" or something similar. Hey, that's Danny!
              Last edited by JadedWraith; 29 September 2008, 10:46 AM. Reason: sp and gr
              sigpic
              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Hmmm I didnt see him any different then before the "speech" will probably come in the next show but we'll have to wait and see what happens. For now he's still same old Daniel to me.
                sigpic
                by Snowflake Shona

Comment

MS hasn't played Daniel for a year and this is the first time the writers had him really interact with McKay. In the past it was always Sam who bantered with mckay.

I liked the banter and the timing was pretty good.

Add that to the situation that Daniel is on Atlantis on his own time doing research, no uniform, no p-90, none of that and you got a more relaxed Daniel.

I noticed DH and MS have close the same timing MS has with RDA. (I never would have guessed that one.) My only thought after watching the ep was too bad they didn't have MS step into SGA after wier and beckett were written out. It would have helped the series more than hurt.

Woolsey is okay as the leader, Daniel working on Shep's team as the ancient expert and negotiator would have been better. Of course that would take teyla out but she's walpapered so much and Mckay doing just about every job it really wouldn't be that noticable. I wished Teyla was reduced to re-occuring. I find the writer's have a tendency to give her little material. When she does get material it's pretty good but she's gets so little. I would rather see a little teyla with good material than lots of teyla as a wall decoration.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                  X