Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One GOOD reason not to give Universe a chance at the very least...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One GOOD reason not to give Universe a chance at the very least...

Can ANYone give me one...and I want a GOOD reason
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Why would you be on GateWorld, a Stargate Fan site if you would give the Stargate franchise a chance.

I've no reason's to give as I will always remain a Fan

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Some people apparently think it's a good reason to boycott Universe because it was decided to make it replace Atlantis just out of the blue..

Comment

you'll get attached to universe and then they'll just take that away aswell
        Sozan, a Chinese Zen master, was asked by a student: "What is the most valuable thing in the world?"
        The master replied: "The head of a dead cat."
        "Why is the head of a dead cat the most valuable thing in the world?" inquired the student.
        Sozan replied: "Because no one can name its price."

A long time ago in China there were two friends, one who played the harp skillfully and one who listened skillfully.
        When the one played or sang about a mountain, the other would say: "I can see the mountain before us."
        When the other played about water, the listener would exclaim: "Here is the running stream!"
        But the listener fell sick and died. The first friend cut the strings of his harp and never played again. Since that time the cutting of harp strings has always been a sign of intimate friendship.

Comment

I have a very good reason, at least for me. I don't get the Sci-Fi channel.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
            Can ANYone give me one...and I want a GOOD reason
            I can't give one that works for you, but I can tell you my own: I have better things to do with my life than watching TV. While a show managed to catch my interest enough for me to become rather obsessed with it (SGA), I'm certainly not willing to waste my time with something new that doesn't even sound good.

My second best reason is that not having a TV, it's very unlikely I get a chance to see it anyway.

I'm still looking at the spoilers, just in case SGU proves good against all odds, but so far, no, I don't intend to make an effort for the sake of giving it a chance.
            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
              I can't give one that works for you, but I can tell you my own: I have better things to do with my life than watching TV. While a show managed to catch my interest enough for me to become rather obsessed with it (SGA), I'm certainly not willing to waste my time with something new that doesn't even sound good.

My second best reason is that not having a TV, it's very unlikely I get a chance to see it anyway.

I'm still looking at the spoilers, just in case SGU proves good against all odds, but so far, no, I don't intend to make an effort for the sake of giving it a chance.
              id classify that as giving it a chance

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

1. It will probably suck.
                2. It will probably last less time than Atlantis did.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

iim all for giving it a chance but the moment i detect the slightest moment of suckiness in the program im jumping

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

Comment

I think Laura and I have the best answers for not watching it. But that's just me.
                    sigpic

Comment

lets face it is going to suck

sigpic

Comment

We don't know that for sure, you just think it's going to. It might be really good.
                        sigpic

Comment

My good reasons.

1) I know from past experience that I don't like ship based shows. I enjoyed Lost in Space and early Voyager but I am over the whole thing now and find them 'done to death' and nothing new.

2) I don't find any of the cast descriptions in the least bit interesting and even if some of them change I still don't think those changes will go far enough for me. One bad character in a show I can overlook, maybe. But several? No.

3) I don't like the way that some of tptb have behaved concerning this new show. I have read interviews etc and feel from their tone that I, as an 'older viewer', am no longer wanted.

4) I don't like the whole premise of Universe. The plot sounds dull, cliched and very far removed from everything that drew me to Stargate in the first place.

5) In my house none of us watch much tv anymore, I would say that I watch a little more than anyone else and that is still only an hour or so a day. Why should I waste what little time I do get giving a show a chance that has nothing at all going for it that I can see?
                          sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by ori soldier View Post
                            id classify that as giving it a chance
                            True, sort of. But the more I read about it, the worse it sounds.
                            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                            sigpic

Comment

i must admit i am a tad sceptical about this new show although i'll give it ago non the less.

but i must admit it does remind me of star trek somewhat

Comment

Working...
                              X