Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me or the new star trek movie sound a little laim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me or the new star trek movie sound a little laim?

Time travelling?
    Captain Kirk agan?
    A really think they missed the whole star trek idea with this movie.
    If they wanted someone to create a quality movie they should have hired J Michal something the creator of Babylon 5 the man know hiss stuff.
    My opinion this movie is going to be a failior and is going to bring the entire franchise to a final end.

I'm not really that excited either.

Comment

nah, it's just you LOL!
      sigpic
      In brightest day, in darkest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Rep-Points light!

Comment

Originally posted by igor108367 View Post
        Time travelling?
        Captain Kirk agan?
        A really think they missed the whole star trek idea with this movie.
        If they wanted someone to create a quality movie they should have hired J Michal something the creator of Babylon 5 the man know hiss stuff.
        My opinion this movie is going to be a failior and is going to bring the entire franchise to a final end.
        To be honest I think the writers found themselves in an awkward position when the decided to make a movie. Most Trek fans would rather see something set after Voyager, but T.N.G crew have gone their seperate ways, a post Dominion War DS-9 movie sounds good but for some reason they won't make a movie about that and Voyager is already home. They also won't have a movie about a new crew because they would rather save that if they decided to make a new t.v show, and a one off movie about the future might be too much of a risk, so if you look at it with logical point of view it somehow makes the most sense.

The only other option would have been a movie with Riker and Troi aboard the U.S.S Titan, because it would have been set in the post Voyager years and had a familiarity about it despite a new crew.

What does anybody else think.
        LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
        Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
        99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

I agree with SpinningChevron. It is more logical to set the movie in familiars parametars but the story is the real issue that boder me. Time travel is not possible adn will probably never be. And the concept of time travel was alvays so unrealistic in the series. Nobody knows how will realy work if it is posiable. Some times the koncepts are changing from episode to episode. And warnings from the future. Kill Kirk and destroy the federation. I watch that yestarday on Star Trek: of God an Men. And i read it in a comic book also a don't remember exactly what was the name but i knoe i read it. I was hoping for something new and unseen in this movie.

Comment

Working...
          X