PDA

View Full Version : After watching last night's Atlantis ep "First Contact".....

Briangate78
September 27th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I have to say....

Curse you MGM for cancelling SGA to make room for SGU!!!

Yes, MGM, I'm talking to you!!! You pulled the plug on Atlantis before Season 5 even aired!!!

Atlantis has been getting better and better!!! Why did you cancel a show that is still successful!!??

SylvreWolfe
September 27th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Did they air a Star Trek movie in place of SGA?? Or did they do a crossover???

Briangate78
September 27th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Did they air a Star Trek movie in place of SGA?? Or did they do a crossover???

LOL, your favorite character made a cross-over to SGA last night! ;)

SylvreWolfe
September 27th, 2008, 05:14 PM
LOL, your favorite character made a cross-over to SGA last night! ;)

They had Pilot from Farscape on SGA?? Cool....

Briangate78
September 27th, 2008, 05:16 PM
They had Pilot from Farscape on SGA?? Cool....

No but that would be pretty damn sweet!!! Pilot rocked in Farscape!!

SylvreWolfe
September 27th, 2008, 05:21 PM
No but that would be pretty damn sweet!!! Pilot rocked in Farscape!!

Dude, Pilot rocks!!!

Briangate78
September 27th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Dude, Pilot rocks!!!

I vote for Pilot to be casted in SGU!!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh152/knett9/web%20art/farscape_pilot.jpg

Jumper_One
September 27th, 2008, 05:27 PM
i vote for pilot to be casted in sgu!!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh152/knett9/web%20art/farscape_pilot.jpg

LOL :p

Briangate78
September 27th, 2008, 05:28 PM
LOL :p

Hey, I think it would be cool. If Pilot was the Pilot of The Destiny. :p

Col.Foley
September 27th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I have to say....

Curse you MGM for cancelling SGA to make room for SGU!!!

Yes, MGM, I'm talking to you!!! You pulled the plug on Atlantis before Season 5 even aired!!!

Atlantis has been getting better and better!!! Why did you cancel a show that is still successful!!??
Because they are money grabbing....people.

Briangate78
September 27th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Because they are money grabbing....people.

LOL, yeah I know why, I was just pretending I didn't know why. :p

Col.Foley
September 27th, 2008, 05:32 PM
LOL, yeah I know why, I was just pretending I didn't know why. :p
:lol:
Hey nothing wrong with a little....I actually lost my train of thought.
Any way. I actually whined last night that it was ending, with episodes like that one.

Briangate78
September 27th, 2008, 05:35 PM
:lol:
Hey nothing wrong with a little....I actually lost my train of thought.
Any way. I actually whined last night that it was ending, with episodes like that one.

Yeah, every great Atlantis episode this season is going to hurt more and more knowing the show is being cancelled for another show that could very well not be good at all. Talk about risk. :S

Col.Foley
September 27th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Yeah, every great Atlantis episode this season is going to hurt more and more knowing the show is being cancelled for another show that could very well not be good at all. Talk about risk. :SThe one thing that I do like about the concept though, the characters, has sounded like the most interesting part.

Briangate78
September 27th, 2008, 05:37 PM
The one thing that I do like about the concept though, the characters, has sounded like the most interesting part.

I have to say that I am the opposite on that. I actually like the general concept better than the characters. Sowwy. :p

Col.Foley
September 27th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I have to say that I am the opposite on that. I actually like the general concept better than the characters. Sowwy. :p
Well thats OK. I just have a feeling that if they are going for edgy. They will succeed by the characters they have. But.
Senators daughter? I mean come on!

Briangate78
September 27th, 2008, 05:40 PM
To the mods,

Sorry for making such a spontaneous thread, hey I was in a spontaneous mood after seeing the preview for SGA's next episode. So feel free to remove or merge this puppy into another thread. :p

I apologize for any confusion or rolling of the eyes by the moderation team. :D

Best,

Brian "The white dog" Gate!

Briangate78
September 27th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Well thats OK. I just have a feeling that if they are going for edgy. They will succeed by the characters they have. But.
Senators daughter? I mean come on!

This will be her theme song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVwFeQpy_Us

LOL, I'm sorry, I am still giving the show a chance and it could be great. Just having some fun. :p

Col.Foley
September 27th, 2008, 05:45 PM
This will be her theme song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVwFeQpy_Us

LOL, I'm sorry, I am still giving the show a chance and it could be great. Just having some fun. :p
Oh dear god. no. :P

the fifth man
September 27th, 2008, 05:50 PM
And the thing is, theoretically, "The Lost Tribe" should even be better than "First Contact" was.

Col.Foley
September 27th, 2008, 05:51 PM
And the thing is, theoretically, "The Lost Tribe" should even be better than "First Contact" was.
I think there is an excellent chance of that.

Briangate78
September 27th, 2008, 05:53 PM

You know even seeing that major spoiler, it made the episode Wow so far and I have not even seen it yet.

the fifth man
September 27th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I think there is an excellent chance of that.

Especially based on past experience with two-parters on SG-1 and Atlantis.

Col.Foley
September 27th, 2008, 05:54 PM
And the tending knowlege that second halves of seasons are usually better then the first.

Briangate78
September 27th, 2008, 05:54 PM

Yup! :)

AncientThor
September 27th, 2008, 06:09 PM
After watching First Contact The New Alien Race had to know Atlantis Shield frequency in order to fly though the shield.

So the Alien Race is

The Asgard

It is only Possible Choice.

Orion Antreas
September 27th, 2008, 07:49 PM

Is that even possible? o.o That episode was so good...I can't see having something beyond that. If they can do better than that episode, then I will be absolutly shocked. I am still shocked of how good FC was. :D

Best episode and most likely, Best 2-parter episode EVER! :D

RubberJesus
September 27th, 2008, 10:24 PM
maybe they'll pull a family guy and bring it back after 2 years

Slave2Anubis
September 27th, 2008, 10:43 PM
I originally thought SGU was an awesome idea, i mean c'mon who wouldnt like a new stargate series. After reading updates and finally hearing that the new series would mean an end to Atlantis....not so much. SG1 I can understand, you can only save earth so many times before you get a few days off. ha ha but it seems to me like the "Lantiens" are just getting started.

ykickamoocow
September 27th, 2008, 10:50 PM
maybe they'll pull a family guy and bring it back after 2 years

Unfortunately i dont see it happening.

The sad thing is that i believe Season 5 of Atlantis has been the best front half of any season of Atlantis. There have been so many great episodes and they are really developing some good storylines.

Atlantis could go on for another 2 seasons easily. Its just unfortunate that Scifi pulled the plug before Atlantis could reach its full potential.

sparkygate
September 28th, 2008, 03:12 AM

CANT WAIT UNTIL THE EPISODE AIRS!!!

gonna be bigger than Be All My Sins Remember'd

Briangate78
September 28th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Unfortunately i dont see it happening.

The sad thing is that i believe Season 5 of Atlantis has been the best front half of any season of Atlantis. There have been so many great episodes and they are really developing some good storylines.

Atlantis could go on for another 2 seasons easily. Its just unfortunate that Scifi pulled the plug before Atlantis could reach its full potential.

The most likely thing to happen with SGA if it continues to be successful is have multiple movies on SCI FI. SCI FI and MGM just signed a major movie airing deal, so those odds went up.

As per SGU, it has a lot to prove inorder to keep my interest. I will be very critical of every detail. With SGA I overlook the eps like "Whispers" and still find the good in them.

blitzsnake
September 28th, 2008, 09:37 AM
When's the next ep gonna air? Don't tell me I have to wait several months!

And yes, it sucks that those SOB's cancelled SGA. S5 has been so awesome. The space battles have been really well done and the script is solid. First Contact was awesome. Loved it when the aliens abducted Jackson and Rodney. Not as awesome as BAMSR was though....

Vespasianus
September 28th, 2008, 09:53 AM
And the thing is, theoretically, "The Lost Tribe" should even be better than "First Contact" was.I don't know about that. I really liked S2's Lost Boys, but then came The Hive. I hated The Hive. Also, I didn't like S4's This Mortal Coil, but Be All My Sins Remember'd is my favorite episode to date. So the two-parters don't always have two good parts. Fingers crossed though...

And for me, the back half of S5 doesn't really look that good (based on spoilers). But we'll see. I tell people not to judge SGU without seeing it, so I won't do that to the rest of S5 either.:p

When's the next ep gonna air? Don't tell me I have to wait several months!Two weeks, friend.;)

CommanderTony
September 28th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Last Friday's episode was one of the prime examples of why Atlantis should stay on the air for a couple more seasons at the most. Along with The Shrine with great character un-development (if you can call it that) and emotions, this franchise is just getting better in better

thekillman
September 28th, 2008, 11:18 AM
im not mad at them. but it does make me wonder. is SCIFI a good channel? i wont be surprised at all that, in s5 of SGU, it too will be miraculously cancelled. and then annother spinoff, and it too is cancelled after 5 seasons. for Scifi, 5 seasons seems to be lightspeed for SCIFI. after all, SG1 lasted 5 seasons on scifi too