Subspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subspace

I'm not sure the extent of this, but the subspace distortion...well...what if it extends to the Milky Way? Shouldn't we try to warn the SGC that we've broken the gates?
    Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
    Check out my Flickr

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
    I'm not sure the extent of this, but the subspace distortion...well...what if it extends to the Milky Way? Shouldn't we try to warn the SGC that we've broken the gates?
    how?
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      how?
      Exactly. There's no way. Subspace communications don't stretch that far and Earth had to go to the edge of the Milky Way to contact Daedalus and it was only at the half-way point from Pegasus.

Only one stargate can contact Earth, and dialing it would cause a massive explosion.

The only ship that can make the trip takes, what, 18 days and it's not exactly available at the moment.

Comment

3 million light years is a bit of an extreme range for the device, especially considering we've seen limitations in Atlantis' sensors and communications that don't even span across the whole galaxy. Plus, there would have been no reason for Janus to set its range beyond the limitations of the galaxy. That would just unnecessarily eat up more power. But, regardless, there is no way to tell them anything. The Daedalus has been compromised (even if it wasn't it would take them over 9 days to get within communications range) and they can't dial any gates. The best thing for everyone is for them to just get to the device and shut it down as fast as possible.

Comment

Working...
        X