The gate room and gate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gate room and gate?

Ok, obviously, the get a new gate and the control room area gets fixed but how? I hope they explain it, there are no more Asurans this time around and I doubt they can rebuild it the way it was.

Or do
    Spoiler:
    The Asgard give them a new gate and fix everything up?

This is something too big to just be swept under the rug and magically fixed like the Atlantis stain glass windows were fixed at the beginning of season 4.

Vala,

Spoiler:
    Arn't the asguard gone?

I think that just the glass has been broken. I don't think that everything is destroyed or anything.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelvr View Post
      Spoiler:
      Arn't the asguard gone?

I think that just the glass has been broken. I don't think that everything is destroyed or anything.
      Oh. I get it now.
      Spoiler:
      the Asgard? really?
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
        The Asgard

Are a spoiler from 5x11...there's a thread about it, I think...
        Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
        Check out my Flickr

Comment

Yeah, based on the explosion, there wasn't much damage to the structure, just the force of the blast blowing out the windows and humans can replace windows. Other stuff might need a buffing, but it's probably not a huge problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
            Yeah, based on the explosion, there wasn't much damage to the structure, just the force of the blast blowing out the windows and humans can replace windows. Other stuff might need a buffing, but it's probably not a huge problem.
            I don't know, the explosion was quite large, if the force was able to blast out the windows with a fiery blast afterwards, the control room must have been enveloped in the blast meaning, though the structure is still standing, the monitors, control panels inside are probably damaged beyond repair.

But then this is sci-fi, can anything be "beyond repair"?

The gate can be replaced by nicking another gate elsewhere and installing it, which I hope we get to see as well.
            Last edited by JackHarkness_Hot; 27 September 2008, 10:49 AM.

Comment

I suspect that Zelenka just waited until the last possible second before the shield was going to fail and then had it fall back to protect the control area along with Sheppard and himself. That way the shield was able to remain up since less strain was put on it by having the explosion go outward. So the only damage should be to the area around the gate if that's indeed what happened. What I really wonder about is what they are going to do to protect the gate now. Will they construct an iris or will they use a non-Ancient shield? Unless they can somehow find another shielded gate anything they replace it with should be inferior.
              Last edited by Xaeden; 27 September 2008, 11:42 PM.

Comment

If that is how they protected the control room, then that's more realistic and comprehensible than some of the "lamer" escape routines. Like in "Midway", Sheppard just so happen to be able to get into an EV suit with no assistance whilst dying for some oxygen, that was being depleted.

With a new gate, maybe on the database, there are schematics on emitters that can be installed onto the gate for an iris-shield, or if they make a manual one would be equally as cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                  I suspect that Zelenka just waited until the last possible second before the shield was going to fail and then had it fall back to protect the control area along with Sheppard and himself. That way the shield was able to remain up since less strain was put on it by having the explosion go outward. So the only damage should be to the area around in the gate if that's indeed what happened. What I really wonder about is what they are going to do to protect the gate now. Will they construct an iris or will they use a non-Ancient shield? Unless they can somehow find another shielded gate anything they replace it with should be inferior.

Awesome idea man. I didn't think of that. I am sure Raddick did that.

Comment

Are you suggesting the Stargate was destroyed? In this case shouldn't the force of the explosion destroy at least the entire city? I think is more probable the Gate survived, the explosion wasn't powerfull enough to destroy it and shield minimised the damage to the tower structure.

Comment

Originally posted by elbo View Post
                      Are you suggesting the Stargate was destroyed? In this case shouldn't the force of the explosion destroy at least the entire city? I think is more probable the Gate survived, the explosion wasn't powerfull enough to destroy it and shield minimised the damage to the tower structure.
                      I think the whole explosion WAS the Stargate exploding, and the only reason the blast didn't destroy the whole tower was because the shield was able to diffuse enough energy to deaden the blast a little bit...or rather a lot...
                      Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
                      Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by elbo View Post
                        Did you not hear Raddick say the shield was dissipating the blast? It was probably dissipated mostly before it exploded.

Comment

Elbo, in the episode, Radek placed a shield over the gate as it exploded to contain the blast, the control room was evacuated and towards the very end of the episode, he said the shield emitter-things weren't holding and ended with a massive explosion at the gate room.

Comment

The gate is what EXPLODED, not energy coming through it. AND in the preview for "The Lost Tribe" you can see the Atlantis expedition members walking in a charred gate room so it was more than just the gate exploding.

Screenshot from scifi trailer for "The Lost Tribe" of the charred gate room.

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/2...ateroomkx2.png

Vala,
                            Last edited by Vala_M; 27 September 2008, 02:53 PM.

Comment

A power washer and a buffer'll take care of that.

Comment

Working...
                              X