A Fake Preview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Fake Preview?

Ok, so there is a preview going around for the next episode: The Lost Tribe. Within that episode, we are shown that this 'new' race is in fact:
    Spoiler:
    The Asgard
    I don't want to believe that.

It just doesn't make sense. These guys are nothing like their 'counterparts'. They threatened to kill McKay and Jackson, they want to wipe out the Wraith (or strand them at least), and, upon Death, they don't mind blowing themselves up. It just doesn't shout
    Spoiler:
    Asgard
    to me.

In addition, why would they wear suits in that build, if they are roughly half the size? They also carry hand weapons (which we've never seen these guys have any use for before). They're ships are more than capable of taking out Hive Ships, so their need to screw up hyper drive windows and stargates alike seems rather odd to me.

Anyone else think there is something dodgy about this?

PS: Has this 'preview' been confirmed?
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Originally posted by cyberash View Post
    Ok, so there is a preview going around for the next episode: The Lost Tribe. Within that episode, we are shown that this 'new' race is in fact:
    Spoiler:
    The Asgard

It just doesn't make sense. These guys are nothing like their 'counterparts'. They thretened to kill McKay and Jackson, they want to wipe out the Wraith (or strand them at least), and, upon Death, they don't mind blowing themselves up. It just doesn't shout
    Spoiler:
    Agsard
    to me.

In addition, why would they wear suits in that build, if they are roughly half the size? They also carry hand weapons (which we've never seen these guys have any use for before). They're ships are more than capable of taking out Hive Ships, so their need to screw up hyperdrive windows and stargates alike seems rather odd to me.

Well, seeing as the next episode is entitled "The Lost Tribe", is stands to reason that this race was separated from the others, probably long ago- developing differently- Emphasising technology for soldiers than technology for ships.

Also, with humans being one of the most abundant races in (two, perhaps three) galaxies- they probably designed the suits to appear like them in order to fool humans into thinking that perhaps they were humanoid, or just to strike fear into them- imagine confronting an enemy in a suit that shared a similar build to their actual size. It wouldn't be threatening at all.

Comment

Originally posted by the prophet View Post
      well, seeing as the next episode is entitled "the lost tribe", is stands to reason that this race was separated from the others, probably long ago- developing differently- emphasising technology for soldiers than technology for ships.

Also, with humans being one of the most abundant races in (two, perhaps three) galaxies- they probably designed the suits to appear like them in order to fool humans into thinking that perhaps they were humanoid, or just to strike fear into them- imagine confronting an enemy in a suit that shared a similar build to their actual size. It wouldn't be threatening at all.
      exactally~

Comment

in this official teaser, there are scenes that match the one in question.
        http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=701901

i think someone got their hands on the episode early and made that preview themselves. but check this thread for explanations

Comment

I don't know about confirmation of it's authenticity, but none of the points you mention are unreasonable for the <ALIENS!!!>.

It just doesn't make sense. These guys are nothing like their 'counterparts'. They threatened to kill McKay and Jackson, they want to wipe out the Wraith (or strand them at least), and, upon Death, they don't mind blowing themselves up. It just doesn't shout
          Spoiler:
          Asgard
          to me.

In addition, why would they wear suits in that build, if they are roughly half the size? They also carry hand weapons (which we've never seen these guys have any use for before). They're ships are more than capable of taking out Hive Ships, so their need to screw up hyper drive windows and stargates alike seems rather odd to me.
          I imagine that like most intelligent and self aware creatures they have differences of opinion. They branch into factions.
          These <ALIENS!!!> are probably of the kind that felt that the normal <ALIENS!!!> that we have met before were wrong to be so passive unless directly attacked. These <ALIENS!!!> want to go out there and get things done in a different way.
          They are obviously more warlike. They know that a threat or three to kill is going to help get the device operational.

About the suits:
          They have recognised that their bodies are frail and unsuited to hard physical actions and have taken a step to fix the problem.
          A nice big mechanical suit is wonderfully threatening and the weapons are necessary. You can't always be on a massive ship with super powerful weapons and shields, can you?
          The self destruct is good for preserving secrecy.

The ships:
          We have no indication of the capabilities of their ships.
          All we saw is that it went through Atlantis' shields.
          They might be few in number.
          Who knows?
          What's the deal with the retardedly huge sigs?!
          Spelling correction by Gen Blue

Comment

Spoiler:
            It's probably the evil version of the Asgard, think Loki, Hel, etc.
            I find it to be the most awesome twist ever.

Comment

upon Death, they don't mind blowing themselves up.
              Um, the normal
              Spoiler:
              Asgard
              didn't have any problems blowing themselves up before they died.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

actually, if you recall the last episode of SG-1 season 5 (the name of which escapes me right now but its the first episode that we see Anubis) they are trying to rescue an Asgard scientist who is doing genetic research on some dead Asgard who had crashed on that planet a long time ago and if you remember they are actually very human like in their appearance and much taller compared to the Asgard as we knew them. the only reason the Asgard looked like they did is because they stopped reproducing by conventional means and started to use clones merely passing on their stored consciousness from clone to clone.

with all that said, i don't think that this new race is the Asgard cause I feel like the Asgard of the Milky Way would of had some previous knowledge of them considering how old and smart they were, but it would be quite the twist if they were. I can't wait to see how this one plays out...

Comment

I wonder if they are actually robots built by the aforementioned spoilerific people. This would explain why they look the way they do.
                  "The laws of favours are amongst the most fundamental in the multiverse. The first law is: nobody asks for just one favour; the second request (after the granting of the first favour), prefaced by ‘and can I be really cheeky…?’ is the asking of the second favour. If the aforesaid second request is not granted, the second law ensures that the need for any gratitude for the first favour is nullified, and in accordance with the third law the favour giver has not done any favours at all, and the favour field collapses." - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    The Asgard

Spoiler:
                    Asgard
                    to me.

PS: Has this 'preview' been confirmed?
                    Spoiler:
                    All right. Assuming the preview is real, then here are some things to think about.

We know the ancients would never enslave an entire galaxy, right? In fact, they would let an entire galaxy get enslaved because they believe so strongly that they should let our fates be our own fates. Clearly the Ori don't agree with that.

Now think about the Asgard. If there could be two different factions with the ancients, couldn't there be the same with the Asgard? We've actually never seen an Asgard use any physical weapon, only with ships. So, how did they do battle BEFORE those advanced ships? Maybe advanced battle suits to give them an edge?

And maybe these Asgard decided to come to this galaxy. Who knows? Maybe they were looking for advanced ancient technology, knowing that there are some left, and thats how they got what they did. Maybe they were working with Janus with this weapon? Who knows!

The point is, we don't know enough to tell if it's a fake or not. And it would be cool if we found the Asgard again...even if they aren't quite are friends.

Oh, also...maybe the suits are the answer to their race "dying". Maybe they choose to be locked up in those suits, while the Asgard we know didn't want to hide who they really were? Hmm...something to think about!

EDIT:

Well poo. It is confirmed. SciFi.com Look at the "Lost Tribe".
                    Last edited by Blistna; 27 September 2008, 11:46 AM. Reason: yep! there you go!

Comment

How can it be fake. You see and hear michael shanks.. you see an asgard and his suit. That kind of stuff is hard to do on your own, especially without the actor. Besides, we've seen entire epsidodes get leaked. Even AoT and Continuum were leaked.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                        How can it be fake. You see and hear michael shanks.. you see an asgard and his suit. That kind of stuff is hard to do on your own, especially without the actor. Besides, we've seen entire epsidodes get leaked. Even AoT and Continuum were leaked.
                        The Producers creating an alternate scene to the real one, and purposefully leaking it, to avoid any spoilers from having a huge impact. TV shows have been known to do this (Lost S4 had 3 endings to the final scene).

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                          The Producers creating an alternate scene to the real one, and purposefully leaking it, to avoid any spoilers from having a huge impact. TV shows have been known to do this (Lost S4 had 3 endings to the final scene).
                          I said it before in another thread about this possibly being a farce, and that would be awesome, but extremely unlikely. If the producers did have the foresight to actually let loose this 'staged scene' to cover up the identity of the ones underneath the suits, then bravo. Well played.

Comment

at this point i hope it's them because they're the only ones that make sense that would be them (for the most part) and maybe we don't have to have another horrible deus ex machina to get ride of them, because we all know what happened to the last enemy that was introduced near the end of a series' life

KEEP IT CLEAN
                            Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                            Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by Celleye View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              It's probably the evil version of the Asgard, think Loki, Hel, etc.
                              I find it to be the most awesome twist ever.
                              Spoiler:
                              We've already been introduced to the Asgaurd Loki. He's the one that made the Mini-Jack, so unlikely.
                              I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Working...
                              X