Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engame Machine + Ark of Truth + Sangraal... ZZzz...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engame Machine + Ark of Truth + Sangraal... ZZzz...

are the writers getting lazy?

we never had a magical "kill all" machine against the goa'uld...

but first the sangraal to destroy the ascended ori
    then the ark of truth to overcome the priors
    now the endgame machine to take out the wraith

it is a very interesting concept... but feels like they're looking for an easy way to finish off the wraith by the end of the season...

of course, i'll give the sangraal a break... SG1 did spend several weeks dealing with it...

maybe this'll be like the sangraal...

but i would like to see SG go back to the way it was with the goa'uld: no gigantic lucky breaks... just hard-work and perseverance
    Last edited by IrishPisano; 28 September 2008, 08:11 AM.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
    are the writers getting lazy?

we never had a magical "kill all" machine against the goa'uld...but first the sangraal to destroy the ascended ori
    then the ark of truth to overcome the priors
    now the endgame machine to take out the wraith

it is a very interesting concept... but feels like they're looking for an easy way to finish off the wraith by the end of the season...

of course, i'll give the sangraal a break... SG1 did spend several weeks dealing with it...

maybe this'll be like the sangraal...

but i would like to see SG go back to the way it was with the goa'uld: no gigantic lucky breaks... just hard-work and perseverance
    the Dakara superweapon
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

That was for the Replicators. Not the Goa'uld.

Comment

Directly it destroyed the Replicators but indirectly it destroyed the Goa'uld due to being weak after fighting Replicators
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          the Dakara superweapon
          nah, not the same

and we didn't use it vs the goa'uld, we used it vs the replicators (unless i forgot something)

and it made sense... if the replicators are literally overrunning the entire galaxy, you need a weapon like that to stop them

the ark, the graal, and the endgame machine just seem far much easier and lucky than dakara...

Comment

At least the Attero device and the Dakara weapon had a decent scientific explanation unlike the Sangraal and The Ark of Truth.

Besides, something tells me the Attero device will be destroyed.
            sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Technically the replicators themselves were that weapon. They may not have been directly summoned to take out the Goa'uld but their appearance did just that in one swift blow.

Regardless, this is different. Here we have an unsuccessful End Game machine that almost destroyed Atlantis and is going to do serious harm throughout the galaxy before it is stopped. And it will be stopped one way or another because here there are two forces that are in a race against time to do that very thing (Todd and Atlantis). All in all, the Wraith will live on for now. At best it may just be another replicator war event which severly weakens them before they all figure out to stop using hyperspace. Although that may not even be a good thing as it may cut their population down enough for them to be willing to unite. Which equals trouble for Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Vespasianus View Post
                At least the Attero device and the Dakara weapon had a decent scientific explanation unlike the Sangraal and The Ark of Truth.

Besides, something tells me the Attero device will be destroyed.
                now we're getting somewhere... good stuff, Vespa

Comment

Joe already said the Wraith will be around after the last episode. The device wont be used. 10er says they blow the lab up.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

For now all it means it that a lot of wraith ships are going to get destroyed before they realize they can't go to hyperdrive. I doubt the 'endgame machine' will remain in effect long enough to wipe out the entire Wraith civilization. Of course, after this the wraith are going to be even weaker. Maybe this will end the Wraith civil war and unite the remaining wraith.

Comment

remember that the ancients weren't huge in numbers. If you were fighting a war with not that many troops but everybody was basically a genius, wouldn't you have them build weapons to take out your enemy all at once to bypass a ugly war? i would.

KEEP IT CLEAN
                      Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                      Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                        remember that the ancients weren't huge in numbers. If you were fighting a war with not that many troops but everybody was basically a genius, wouldn't you have them build weapons to take out your enemy all at once to bypass a ugly war? i would.
                        this is one way in which we are better than they are...

the ancients, for all their knowledge, were fairly idiotic at time

plus, only in PG were they outnumbered

i wonder if their entire civilization left the MW... or merely sent a "Mayflower" to Pegasus...

either way, they were morons...

Comment

It is so easy. They beam a stargate and a brave hero (=Sheppard) to the new enemies's lab, than he dials a planet and they beam him back to the Daedalus. After that they have to wait only one minute for shutting down the device or the future of the base is solved.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

How else would you want to anihilate the treats? It's not like we do any fighting in SG. They spend all the time developing the characters and their relations (and let me tell you, some much more than others) and when they find out that the show will be canceled they came up with a 'doom machine'.

Maby Dakara wans't the doom machine for the goa'uld but was for the replicators, replicators which were the 'doom machine' for the goa'uld.

However i don't think this NEW device will represent the end of Wraith. I see 2 possible clossures to the Wraith story and this probably after 2010:

1) they will be ridiculously humanizated reason for which this Todd was introduced in CG. He is a great character but has too little Wraith in him to be a beliveble Wraith player. Let me remind you few things about the Wraith: they don't have colonies, they live in spaceships and in labs, they have a very high superiority complex, they hunt humans to feed and not only, for fun for sport, they have no fear of death as we understand it. This is the Wraith perspective and going with Keller's treatment is nothing less than a surrender and subsiding to fears that are not Wraith, but human in nature. This is just unacceptable.

2) they will be disabled by a miraculos device or event which poped up from the blue, or was activated by the atlantians from mistake of course. We will be extremly fortunate to have a closure similar to the Asurans arc, BAMSR being in my opinion the best arc finale from all SG series.

Comment

Engame Machine + Ark of Truth + Sangraal... ZZz
                              I actually wouldn't compare this device to the Ark of Truth or Sangraal but rather to the Redemption device. The purpose of the Attero Device is not to save Earth from a giant alien armada or destroy the Wraith once and for all (we know from spoilers that they live on) but to forward the story and add some interesting conflict to the show. In Redemption the purpose was to pose a threat to Earth, here the purpose is to create even more mistrust between Todd and Atlantis.

Originally posted by Vespasianus View Post
                              I agree that the Attero Device had a good (pseudo?)scientific explanation but I don't understand how the Dakara device had a scientific explanation, unless building up a ton of energy and then releasing it is a good enough explanation.

Comment

Working...
                              X