This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ancient's Plague

To put simply the Ancients were the plague, or at least the source and cause of it.

Now this is a big assumption, but one that can be backed. First off it needs to be understood that there are 2 types of ancients. The Ancients who built the stargates, atlantis, and seeded the galaxy; and the Ancients who were the original occupants of our galaxy/ the "seeded". Now we know that the ancients (gate builders) had an incrediable ability to heal themselves both conciously and subconciously. The seeded we probubly much like us. At some point (roughly 5-10 million yrs ago) a plague swept across our galaxy killing off nearly all life, but as we have seen in FROZEN the plague does not affect Ancients due to thier healing abilities. This is my central reasoning for the seeded ancients, and my theory that it was the "seeded" who perished, leaving only the "original" ancients. The Ancients then seeded earth (manipulating primitative apes), but then left before they could do any more damage.

So how then are the Ancients the source of the plague. The ancients have an incrediably high immune/ healing system, one which the can controll willingly and occurs naturally (again see Frozen). What if it is that their own immune systems created the plague in an attempt to protect them from the seeded forms which were not as advanced and very infalliable. The seeded were seen as a plague by the ancients immune system which created a plague to fight them off.

Spoiler:
    Carter tells Jonas in Frozen that Ayiana was probably on borrowed time anyway i.e. she would have eventually succumbed to the virus she was carrying

“The Plague”

I think the writers are confused with this storyline or they just didn't bother to flesh it out (maybe they will soon in S2 Atlantis?). If the idea of a “plague” was just a quick way to explain the sudden disappearance of all the Ancients, it seems to be a crude one given that they already made out their healing abilities to be super-human.

Before I Sleep

I think this could be a very insightful episode in explaining a lot of theories about Ancient civilization, their tech vs. Wraith, “the plague”, ascension and contact with the Milky Way. I am really eager too see this episode and I hope it will give us a better understanding about what the Ancients were going through.

ANCiENTS & TOLKiEN
    One race to found them all, one race to zap them,
    One race to guide them all, and in the universe transcend them

ODE TO JOY
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
    Wir betreten Feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum.

Deine Zauber binden wieder, Was die Mode streng geteilt;
    Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Comment

Remember that Ancient is a very old language that Latin was based upon. The word Plague could be used in a way that didn't mean 'disease' to the Ancients.
      sigpic

Comment

well, in window of oppurtunity, they say that the ancients built the time machine to go back in time and stop a plague from happening. i suppose that the ancients could've said that an enemy was a plague or something, but there have never been any mentions of an enemy as powerful as the ancients in our galaxy, so i really think they mean plague, as in disease. thats my thought for the day.
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I certainly agree that there are many things that could qualify as a plague, and that the Ancients could have succumbed to a diverstiy of things. But I think it has already been fairly clearly established in "Frozen" that the plague was indeed a disease.

Furthermore, I believe the plague swept the Ancients a long time before the Atlantis Ancients returned to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
            ...but there have never been any mentions of an enemy as powerful as the ancients in our galaxy, so i really think they mean plague, as in disease.
            I disagree... the way i see it the ancients could and would probably come to this galaxy, where there are no wraith, to develop such a technology. If and when the technology was successful they would take the device to atlantis or build there another one. This, in my view, was a preventive measure, so that the wraith would not get their hands on the technology.

I bet you're thinking bout this noW:
            Even though the ancient technology requires the ancient gene to operate, the wraith could, if they found the device, backwards-engineer it or something

Comment

well, still, there is no MENTION of an enemy being here. i dont dissmiss the possibility, though.
              ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sppeters
                To put simply the Ancients were the plague, or at least the source and cause of it.

Now this is a big assumption, but one that can be backed. First off it needs to be understood that there are 2 types of ancients. The Ancients who built the stargates, atlantis, and seeded the galaxy; and the Ancients who were the original occupants of our galaxy/ the "seeded". Now we know that the ancients (gate builders) had an incrediable ability to heal themselves both conciously and subconciously. The seeded we probubly much like us. At some point (roughly 5-10 million yrs ago) a plague swept across our galaxy killing off nearly all life, but as we have seen in FROZEN the plague does not affect Ancients due to thier healing abilities. This is my central reasoning for the seeded ancients, and my theory that it was the "seeded" who perished, leaving only the "original" ancients. The Ancients then seeded earth (manipulating primitative apes), but then left before they could do any more damage.

So how then are the Ancients the source of the plague. The ancients have an incrediably high immune/ healing system, one which the can controll willingly and occurs naturally (again see Frozen). What if it is that their own immune systems created the plague in an attempt to protect them from the seeded forms which were not as advanced and very infalliable. The seeded were seen as a plague by the ancients immune system which created a plague to fight them off.
                There's a problem with your theory.
                If some of the Ancients were immune, then why did they bother with ascension research and ancension ?
                The plague was killing ALL the Ancients, that's why the came up with ancension.
                sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

The ancients could have been research ascension just as next step in their evolutionary process. I mean if you're using 100% of your brain I would guess there isn't much further you could go.

Comment

The truth is we simply don't know where the plague came from.
                    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                    X