PDA

View Full Version : Did you think Todd was going to go along with Keller's plan?

General Yogi Bear
September 26th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I think Todd was going to betray them anyway. The look on his face when he talked to Keller about the Wraith lacking a purpose when they had no more need to feed on humans proved to me that he wasn't going to go along with Keller's plan. Also why else would he be carrying those stunner sticks?

Shpinxinator
September 26th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I doubt that...I think he was feeling sarrow for the possition he's people find themselves in.

He has more depth than the average Wraith thinking he was just plotting behind our backs just makes him kind of shallow

RepliVeggie
September 26th, 2008, 10:59 PM
I think he was conflicted. Wanted to but wasn't sure its the best thing for his people.

Shpinxinator
September 26th, 2008, 11:01 PM
I agree...say what ever you want about him but he genuinly seems to care about his people

TheGreatLordGeorge
September 26th, 2008, 11:09 PM
i thought it was reactionary,

General Yogi Bear
September 26th, 2008, 11:11 PM
The feeding on of humans is the whole purpose of the Wraiths existence. I mean they live in hive ships to just go after humans. I think their mindset is that its better to die having a purpose than to live without one.

Shpinxinator
September 26th, 2008, 11:13 PM
"Life for the sake of life means nothing"

- Master Bra'Tac

RepliVeggie
September 26th, 2008, 11:13 PM
The feeding on of humans is the whole purpose of the Wraiths existence. I mean they live in hive ships to just go after humans. I think their mindset is that its better to die having a purpose than to live without one.

This is where he is conflicted. Hes worried his race will fade into nothingness.

dasNdanger
September 26th, 2008, 11:19 PM

And this is what scares me...knowing how Stargate enjoys killing off entire races/species. The thing is, the Wraith have an instinct for survival...so my hope is that if they do accept the therapy, then - out of sheer instinct - they will find a new purpose in life. But it will be hard; they are hunters - predators - by nature...that would have to change, and be a BIG change - a metamorphosis, as it were.

das

ussrelativity
September 26th, 2008, 11:39 PM
I'm thinking if he could re-engineer the gene therapy so that they could feed BOTH ways, he would easily take that path.

dasNdanger
September 26th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I'm thinking if he could re-engineer the gene therapy so that they could feed BOTH ways, he would easily take that path.

That would be the best of both worlds. Then, they could feed less on humans, but still do so if they needed to on the battlefield, or in times of physical need. But I don't see it happening - I think the writers will go with all or nothing - not a bit of both.

Unfortunately.

das

General Yogi Bear
September 26th, 2008, 11:44 PM

Now that would be interesting.

DrJenniferDex
September 27th, 2008, 12:46 AM
I think he was going to, but it was like he told Jennifer, the other wraith are very unlikely to accept the gene therapy just for the good of the humans, and maybe all Wraith like him carry the stunner sticks, in case they're needed?

RepliVeggie
September 27th, 2008, 12:48 AM
They should just say, "Look Todd, you seen what our ships can do. We know you can't clone your armies and ships anymore. I suggest you take this gene therapy or we will hunt you down til extinction."

JadedWraith
September 27th, 2008, 12:55 AM
That would be the best of both worlds. Then, they could feed less on humans, but still do so if they needed to on the battlefield, or in times of physical need. But I don't see it happening - I think the writers will go with all or nothing - not a bit of both.

Unfortunately.

das

The best of both worlds option is seldom available. But how much do we really know of the Wraith's culture to assume feeding is their only life's purpose?

I can understand their resistance to change their life style. Heck, I love animals and I can't go vegetarian. If we all had the option to eat microrganisms (which is scientifically possible) would we give up steak?

mrscopterdoc
September 27th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I think he was conflicted. Wanted to but wasn't sure its the best thing for his people.

I agree...say what ever you want about him but he genuinly seems to care about his people

I agree.

jringo718
September 27th, 2008, 04:32 AM
No, he wasn't going to betray them anyway. He had those sticks for security measures as he didn't fully trust them.

Why would he tell his ship's commander "they have betrayed us" when he could have easily said "alright get everything going according to the plan".

I am assuming he has taken the Daedalus to go and find the Attero Device and destroy it, because obviously he will never make it there with Hive ships.

If there was no Attero Device being activated, then why would he take the Daedalus?

BUT, he did have mixed feelings on the situation about Keller's plan.

knowles2
September 27th, 2008, 05:07 AM
I think Todd was going to betray them anyway. The look on his face when he talked to Keller about the Wraith lacking a purpose when they had no more need to feed on humans proved to me that he wasn't going to go along with Keller's plan. Also why else would he be carrying those stunner sticks?

Because unlike the Atlantis team and the rest of the Wraith he always makes sure he has a back up plan and a plan to get him self out of any situation, why do you think he has survive this long. He always tries to keep several steps ahead of any threat, even if it against his friends, and deep inside him he knows Shepperd and Atlantis are his friends/Allies.

I genuinely believe he want to fine the right path for his species and a path to their survival, he just looking at all the options.

I think the best story is he develops the virus or what ever it is to allow them to eat both ways. It just seem a more appropriate to the storyline, also I would like to have enemy which evolves on to take a other path, instead of extinction and sudden change of hart through some technology induce ideas..

I would love that if their were to be other seasons that they receive the virus in the end and that over the next seasons to the wraith evolve to become something different and knew.

Thermonuclearboy
September 27th, 2008, 06:31 AM
I agree that Todd didn't plan this; he brought those stunner sticks "just in case." Who knows? Maybe he always has those up his sleeve (he always seems to have SOMETHING up his sleeve, at least). And I do think he genuinely wants the gene therapy to work. Or at least, he genuinely wants the Wraith to survive in some form, and he's open to any means to ensure that. But he genuinely is conflicted, and rightfully so. What WILL the Wraith become if they are no longer predatory overlords?

Although, the fact that Todd instantly recognizes the effect of Janus's device raises yet another question about Todd: how old is he, anyway? It's been established that Wraith are functionally immortal; they can't die of natural causes even though they can be killed. And he seems to actually remember the war with the Ancients; was he around to fight in it?

Sp!der
September 27th, 2008, 09:48 AM
If there was no Attero Device being activated, then why would he take the Daedalus?

yeah,.... i agree... i don't think he planned that at all, i really thought that he looked suprised when he saw this ships of him exploded....

Myles
September 27th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I agree that Todd didn't plan this; he brought those stunner sticks "just in case." Who knows? Maybe he always has those up his sleeve (he always seems to have SOMETHING up his sleeve, at least). And I do think he genuinely wants the gene therapy to work. Or at least, he genuinely wants the Wraith to survive in some form, and he's open to any means to ensure that. But he genuinely is conflicted, and rightfully so. What WILL the Wraith become if they are no longer predatory overlords?

Although, the fact that Todd instantly recognizes the effect of Janus's device raises yet another question about Todd: how old is he, anyway? It's been established that Wraith are functionally immortal; they can't die of natural causes even though they can be killed. And he seems to actually remember the war with the Ancients; was he around to fight in it?

I do believe Todd was around during the Lantian-Wraith war 10,000 years ago. He knew about/location the cloning facility, and IIRC, he said not many Wraith are aware of it/those(there could be more then one) anymore. He remembers the Attero device, which would insinuate that he was there during those 3 days when it was tested.

Also, to ask the Wraith to stop feeding on Humans is pretty much asking them to stop being Wraith. Everything in their society is based on hunting humans. He obviously sees the advantage of not having to feed, but also sees the end of their culture with it.

Infinite-Possibilities
September 27th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I get the feeling that he was going to go along with it reluctantly, but when the device was activated he jumped at the opportunity to feel betrayed because he wasn't pleased with this plan in the first place and perhaps subconsciously prefers not being obligated to go through with this.

mellow yellow
September 27th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I don't think Todd was planning on taking over the ship. After seeing his 2 ships destoyed to say the least he was pissed off and felt betrayed. He didn't wait for explanation he thought about his and his people's survival which is to find the beam and destroy it.

As for Keller's gene therapy..don't be fool by Todd. He knows the other Wraiths won't go for it. Can you imagine him telling the other Wraiths about it? They would probably kill him on the spot. I love Todd and I love that although he is willing to go along with helping Atlantis there is always benefit for him even when it appears there isn't. He basically told Keller why he was going along with therapy.

I think if it does work it would give his hives a significant advantage to the others. He can have an entire army of Wraiths that don't need to feed, and with fewer resources..less humans in the galaxy..not knowing who has been affected by the Hoff man virus..and finding planets to cull..the ones from his hive(s) would have more to feed on. So now, unlike a hive that has 1,000 Wraiths and would need to cull 1,000 people he can have a hive of the same amount and only need to cull 500. That is a major advantage.

Not Telling
September 27th, 2008, 11:10 AM
I don't think he was planning on betraying them, but that he was going to cautiously going to go along with the therapy until he gathered sufficent data to either accept or reject it. Keller's expression after Todd says "What would we do, who would we be?" makes me wonder if she's starting to second-guess the treatment as well.

tricky
September 27th, 2008, 11:24 AM
As to Todd's age: Didn't he crack the Replicator base code? Wouldn't that make him like 10,000 years old?

I liked the seen with Jennifrer and Todd. You can see how uncomfortable she is around him, but when he wondered what the wraith would do if they weren't hunters, she had a look that was like "omg, he has real feelings".

And, knowing how girls LOVE bad boys, the new 'ship is going to be
Dr. Keller and Todd!

Yup, pick out the china pattern and round up relatives you hate to be appetizers, because the wedding of 2 galaxies is about to take place!:p

BTW: anyone know why Keller wears that hot leather ensemble, while everyone('cept Ronan) else wears Atlantis uniforms?

Thermonuclearboy
September 27th, 2008, 02:12 PM
BTW: anyone know why Keller wears that hot leather ensemble, while everyone('cept Ronan) else wears Atlantis uniforms?

If you need to ask, you'll never understand.

;)

JohnRico
September 27th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I don't think he was planning on betraying them, but that he was going to cautiously going to go along with the therapy until he gathered sufficent data to either accept or reject it. Keller's expression after Todd says "What would we do, who would we be?" makes me wonder if she's starting to second-guess the treatment as well.

She will probably want to go back to perfecting the Wraith to human thing (with maybe Carsons help) but this time not make the Wraith lab rats

Infinatus
September 27th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I doubt that...I think he was feeling sarrow for the possition he's people find themselves in.

He has more depth than the average Wraith thinking he was just plotting behind our backs just makes him kind of shallow

But he does seem to love power, and what better opportunity to dominate the galaxy than to get a crack at reverse engineering Asgard technology?

The events of The Queen seem to suggest otherwise.

GoSpikey
September 27th, 2008, 03:08 PM
He thought the Primary was an unfit leader, and dealt with her...

Ruffles
September 27th, 2008, 06:05 PM
At the end of The Queen, I was convinced that Todd had been playing them all along so I was pleasantly surprised to see him show up to continue the research.

I'm not sure he was going to go all the way with the plan. I think he was considering it based on his comments to Keller (I adored the line with him questioning Wraith identity if they went through with it). I think he sees the wisdom in it - no more war, no risk of poisoning, no dependence on a limited food supply. But he knows the other hives won't go along with it and it will forever change the Wraith identity.

Lahela
September 27th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I think Todd was going to try to go along with Keller's Michael's plan (it was his research, after all), although he was deeply conflicted because of how it would affect the Wraith's identity and purpose as a species. He thought he was being betrayed, hence taking the ship. IMO.