Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you think Todd was going to go along with Keller's plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you think Todd was going to go along with Keller's plan?

I think Todd was going to betray them anyway. The look on his face when he talked to Keller about the Wraith lacking a purpose when they had no more need to feed on humans proved to me that he wasn't going to go along with Keller's plan. Also why else would he be carrying those stunner sticks?

I doubt that...I think he was feeling sarrow for the possition he's people find themselves in.

He has more depth than the average Wraith thinking he was just plotting behind our backs just makes him kind of shallow
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

I think he was conflicted. Wanted to but wasn't sure its the best thing for his people.

Comment

I agree...say what ever you want about him but he genuinly seems to care about his people
        "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

i thought it was reactionary,

Comment

The feeding on of humans is the whole purpose of the Wraiths existence. I mean they live in hive ships to just go after humans. I think their mindset is that its better to die having a purpose than to live without one.

Comment

"Life for the sake of life means nothing"

- Master Bra'Tac

Comment

Originally posted by General Yogi Bear View Post
                The feeding on of humans is the whole purpose of the Wraiths existence. I mean they live in hive ships to just go after humans. I think their mindset is that its better to die having a purpose than to live without one.
                This is where he is conflicted. Hes worried his race will fade into nothingness.

Comment

Originally posted by General Yogi Bear View Post

And this is what scares me...knowing how Stargate enjoys killing off entire races/species. The thing is, the Wraith have an instinct for survival...so my hope is that if they do accept the therapy, then - out of sheer instinct - they will find a new purpose in life. But it will be hard; they are hunters - predators - by nature...that would have to change, and be a BIG change - a metamorphosis, as it were.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking if he could re-engineer the gene therapy so that they could feed BOTH ways, he would easily take that path.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                      I'm thinking if he could re-engineer the gene therapy so that they could feed BOTH ways, he would easily take that path.

That would be the best of both worlds. Then, they could feed less on humans, but still do so if they needed to on the battlefield, or in times of physical need. But I don't see it happening - I think the writers will go with all or nothing - not a bit of both.

Unfortunately.

das
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                        Now that would be interesting.

Comment

I think he was going to, but it was like he told Jennifer, the other wraith are very unlikely to accept the gene therapy just for the good of the humans, and maybe all Wraith like him carry the stunner sticks, in case they're needed?
                          sigpic

Comment

They should just say, "Look Todd, you seen what our ships can do. We know you can't clone your armies and ships anymore. I suggest you take this gene therapy or we will hunt you down til extinction."

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                              That would be the best of both worlds. Then, they could feed less on humans, but still do so if they needed to on the battlefield, or in times of physical need. But I don't see it happening - I think the writers will go with all or nothing - not a bit of both.

Unfortunately.

das
                              The best of both worlds option is seldom available. But how much do we really know of the Wraith's culture to assume feeding is their only life's purpose?

I can understand their resistance to change their life style. Heck, I love animals and I can't go vegetarian. If we all had the option to eat microrganisms (which is scientifically possible) would we give up steak?
                              Last edited by JadedWraith; 27 September 2008, 12:56 AM. Reason: grrr
                              sigpic
                              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Working...
                              X