(First Contact) discuss Daniel Jackson in the episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(First Contact) discuss Daniel Jackson in the episode

First off let me just say that First Contact was one of the best episodes this season. The new aliens kick ass and remind of some new kind of ancients maybe sick because of them wearing armour. But to the point, is it just me or is it every time Dr. Jackson discoveries something we always end up in trouble. Im not trying to be mean but from my point: Jackson opened the stargate and we discovered the first evil race the Goa'uld. the dakara superweapon probed by replicator carter from Jackson's mind. the Intergalactic communication device discovered and used by Jackson to alert the ori to the milky galaxy. He discovered the address to atlantis which opened us up to the wraith. And again in first contact he searches for Janus's secret lab which alerts the aliens and helps activate the Attero device which causes chaos through out the Pegasus Galaxy. Again im not saying Dr. Jackson is dumb, he is one of the main characters who made the stargate franchise what is today but what is your opinion?

Ha. You make a good point about Daniel. Maybe he should be a little more cautious in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Bboyce109 View Post
      Again im not saying Dr. Jackson is dumb, he is one of the main characters who made the stargate franchise what is today but what is your opinion?
      "Stargate SG-1 is a better show without Dr. Daniel Jackson"?

Man that quote is so old....
      I will rule the world... and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Comment

I want to see the conversation Vala & Daniel has once Vala finds out that Daniel gave Atlantis a new enemy to worry about

Comment

Everything Daniel finds is very important and coveted by everone. Leads to trouble. Still, it's a wonder he doesn't have more of a complex. He does offer himself up for death rather more than is healthy, though... Usually, Rodney isn't there to say 'Don't bother, I'll just cave anyway.'

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
            He does offer himself up for death rather more than is healthy, though
            Because he finds a way to come back

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRico View Post
              I want to see the conversation Vala & Daniel has once Vala finds out that Daniel gave Atlantis a new enemy to worry about
              haha that would be price less
              The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

I think MS played Daniel a bit strange in the first minutes. I could feel he was not Daniel, he was playing himself with his speech style and smiles. Later he changed his act and we got back "our" Daniel Jackson, who raised up a new villain. Again.
                Last edited by Platschu; 27 September 2008, 03:10 AM.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

^ in all fairness ms hasnt played daniel for awhile

oh and the intergalactic communication device alerted the ori to the mw galaxy not the wraith
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Daniel Jackson without a historical riddle to solve- what a sad sight.
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Daniel discovered the Stargate and thus the Goa'uld, Atlantis and thus the Wraith, Avalon and thus the Orii and now Janus' lab and thus the Asgard of Doom.

Comment

Originally posted by Bboyce109 View Post
                        First off let me just say that First Contact was one of the best episodes this season. The new aliens kick ass and remind of some new kind of ancients maybe sick because of them wearing armour. But to the point, is it just me or is it every time Dr. Jackson discoveries something we always end up in trouble. Im not trying to be mean but from my point: Jackson opened the stargate and we discovered the first evil race the Goa'uld. the dakara superweapon probed by replicator carter from Jackson's mind. the Intergalactic communication device discovered and used by Jackson to alert the ori to the milky galaxy. He discovered the address to atlantis which opened us up to the wraith. And again in first contact he searches for Janus's secret lab which alerts the aliens and helps activate the Attero device which causes chaos through out the Pegasus Galaxy. Again im not saying Dr. Jackson is dumb, he is one of the main characters who made the stargate franchise what is today but what is your opinion?
                        When you put it like that he does seem pretty good at stirring up trouble!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          I think MS played Daniel a bit strange in the first minutes. I could feel he was not Daniel, he was playing himself with his speech style and smiles.

I agree. MS's mannerisms at the beginning of the episode were not Daniel. It got a little better but I never really felt I was watching the Daniel I know and love. MS as Daniel was much better in Continuum.

~I'm Just Sayin'~

Comment

Don't get me wrong, Daniel is awesome and Shanks is a very skilled actor, but I felt like he was overacting and having trouble getting back into the "Daniel" groove.

I noticed the same thing with Richard Dean Anderson when he came back. He seemed to be having trouble with delivery as well.

Still awesome to see Daniel though, can't wait for the next ep.

Comment

i'm a Daniel fan as much as the next person

but he was completely useless in First Contact...

his expertise was not used at all
                              and Janus's secret lab could have been easily discovered by McKay in going over Janus's logs...

hopefully, Daniel becomes more important next week
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                              Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                              Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X