X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Hitchhikers Guide?!

http://eoincolfer.com/news/hitchhike...s-release/127/

Seems a pretty legit source.

At first I was horrified by the idea that someone could attempt to continue it. But then I remembered that Adams himself said he didn't want to end it like he did and thinking about it the two authors have similar styles so it could conceivably work. I've never read a book by Colfer that wasn't a kids book though, so I hope he can write them

That's interesting, if true. I loved both the Hitchhiker's series and the Artemis Fowl books. Though, I agree, that Colfer had better know how to write to adults.

Comment

The other thing that I was going to mention and then forgot was that any continuation past the end of Mostly Harmless has to be better than the horrifically bad happy ending added to the end of the radio show

Comment

I dunno. There are some genres where I think the line between "writing for kids" and "writing for adults" is pretty hazy. Eoin seems like an odd choice to me, but I have no doubt that any HHG book he produces will be equally readable for kids and adults. Whether or not it'll be worth reading is another matter.

Comment

That's true. that's somewhat what I was attempting to say, but nowhere near so eloquently. There was a great deal of humor in Adams' works that will be tricky to duplicate. It will be interesting to see if he can pull it off.

Comment

I can't help but hope that Arthur finally gets a happy ending, but I highly doubt it...

Comment

I'm content with the way that the series [kinda didn't] end. If Douglas Adams were still alive and wrote more books in the series, I'd read them, but I won't read somebody else's interpretation.
              I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

I think Colfer is a good choice. And i dont think the AF books are for kids. Maybe they were but they grew up with the character.
                People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Yeah, HHG without Douglas Adams? I'll pass.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Yeah, HHG without Douglas Adams? I'll pass.
                    Yeah, same. I love Colfer but Adams was in a league of his own.

Comment

Is this where I make a sneering, derisive comment about judging something you haven't even read and based on only the remotest of details?

I'm not a purist, myself. I like most of Adams' stuff, but I don't hold it on a pedestal, so I'm willing to give Colfer's book a shot- IF it sounds any good when I finally get a look at it. LOL! Or maybe I'll just judge the book by its cover. I've done it before...

Comment

Working...
                      X