X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGA movie may not air till 2009

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...?desc=topstory

SEp 26 2008

Sci Fi also ordered from MGM and the Stargate production team a made-for-TV movie to follow Stargate Atlantis, the series that’s wrapping up its run on Sci Fi with the current, fifth season. The 100th and last episode of Atlantis finished shooting last week.

The Atlantis movie might not air until late next year, Vitale said, and could act as a “bridge” when Universe takes a break. Sci Fi generally splits its series seasons in two with several months in between the first and second set of episodes.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

I can wait. Just gives me more time to continue the campaign.

Comment

This is excellent news. The chance for more SGA movies just went up since MGM is partnering with MGM for SG-1 movies, and future SG-1 movies. Maybe instead of those awful B movies, we'll get some brand new Stargate movies every quarter of the year.
      sigpic

Comment

Well even though I am not happy about the canceling of Atlantis I am hyped for the movie. The first two movies that came out were great. I am certain this one will be good.
        "I love my insanity because it keeps all the sane people away from me"

Comment

I'm not sure why a movie not being out until "late 2009" is news anyway. 2009 is only 3 months away and has filming on any Atlantis movie even begun?

Pegging its debut as "late 2009" is more than sensible (unless people want a rushed, crappy movie, but I doubt they do).

Comment

Not that surprising really, at least this way there probably won't be too much of a gap in between the airdate and the DVD release date.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              This is excellent news. The chance for more SGA movies just went up since MGM is partnering with MGM for SG-1 movies, and future SG-1 movies. Maybe instead of those awful B movies, we'll get some brand new Stargate movies every quarter of the year.
              you mean SCI FI, right?

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
              I'm not sure why a movie not being out until "late 2009" is news anyway. 2009 is only 3 months away and has filming on any Atlantis movie even begun?

Pegging its debut as "late 2009" is more than sensible (unless people want a rushed, crappy movie, but I doubt they do).
              Camy writes: “Have you heard any word on the SGA movies? Is the two-hour SGA movie a go for sure?”

Answer: It is indeed a go. We hope to have this script finished before year’s end.
              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ons-addressed/

Ben writes: “And also where do we sit in terms of getting another SG1 movie?”

Answer: If all goes as planned, we should be filming both the SGA movie and the third SG-1 around the same time next year.
              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...guest-edition/
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post

Well, late 2009 could mean December... What I want to hear is "And the second movie will be filmed...."

Comment

They won't even start shootin until Jan/Feb 2009 and the post-producton takes a lot longer on movies so i'm not surprised at a late year release.

Will they have the same budget as the sg-1 movies had?

Atlantis has more scope for some big FX so I hope they do - just look at what they managed to do for adrift and lifeline last season.
                  Can't Wait!!!!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carrollwoman View Post
                    They won't even start shootin until Jan/Feb 2009 and the post-producton takes a lot longer on movies so i'm not surprised at a late year release.

Atlantis has more scope for some big FX so I hope they do - just look at what they managed to do for adrift and lifeline last season.
                    Can't Wait!!!!!!!!
                    My big hope is not so much for SPX, as that can carry a movie only so far, but a plot with a lot of depth. And no Ori or replicators!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      Well, late 2009 could mean December... What I want to hear is "And the second movie will be filmed...."
                      Chris Judge saidin an interview that he heard that they'd be filming in January, but nothing was confirmed, and the SGA movies is supposed to film at the same time as the SG-1 one so maybe January it is...

Originally posted by carrollwoman View Post

Can't Wait!!!!!!!!
                      No it doesn't, not in terms of getting it ready for TV it doesn't anyway. The long post-production process on the SG-1 movies was mainly down to the fact that they were going straight to DVD, once the product is finished there's a minimum 6 month process they go through before they hit the shelves, but the SGA movie will premier on TV, so it'll be ready for that about as quickly as a 2 part episode would be.

Comment

I'm going for the 3rd quarter of 2009.

This isn't really surprising. From the title, they're acting like one should air sometime this year, and the season isn't supposed to come to an end until Christmas.
                        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Was this really news? Did anyone actually expect it in early 2009 anyway?

Comment

For once it seems like (most) everyone is on the same page.
                            "Science Fiction is an existential metaphor. It allows us to to tell stories about the human condition.
                            Isaac Asimov once said 'Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and and philosphers of today. But the core of science fiction--it's essence--has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.' "
                            ~Grell, 'Silver/Teal'c', SG-1, 200th Episode

Comment

Working...
                            X