This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacrifice Qualifications to be Atlantis commander

It seems like each Atlantis commander has committed suicide trying to save Atlantis or others.

Weir- "Before I sleep", willingly sacrificed her life so her people could survive the trip to Atlantis. She again sacrificed herself to the Asurans in the episode "Lifeline" and recently "ghost in the machine"

Sam Carter- Well, she has done more than enough sacrificing to protect the SGC from the first season "There but for the grace of God" to her other alternate universe companions. In Atlantis, she willingly sacrificed herself in "the Last man" to take down more of Michael's ships.

Now will Mr. Woolsey, Robert Picardo, follow in that tradition. This not against him, I love the character but it seems like all the commander of the SGA are doomed to a heroic suicidal death.
    Beyond all odds, life will find a way

-Jurassic Park

Originally posted by Forthestars View Post
    It seems like each Atlantis commander has committed suicide trying to save Atlantis or others.

Weir- "Before I sleep", willingly sacrificed her life so her people could survive the trip to Atlantis. She again sacrificed herself to the Asurans in the episode "Lifeline" and recently "ghost in the machine"

Sam Carter- Well, she has done more than enough sacrificing to protect the SGC from the first season "There but for the grace of God" to her other alternate universe companions. In Atlantis, she willingly sacrificed herself in "the Last man" to take down more of Michael's ships.

Now will Mr. Woolsey, Robert Picardo, follow in that tradition. This not against him, I love the character but it seems like all the commander of the SGA are doomed to a heroic suicidal death.
    And not forget
    Spoiler:
    Shepperd seem to have sacrifice him self in first contact so the rest of expedition could get out alive. And he was given temporary command

But as the old saying goes a captain should always go down with his ship and Atlantis is after all a ship so the commanders are just following tradition.
    Last edited by knowles2; 27 September 2008, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Yeah, but doesn't that make atlantis a doomed ship like the Titanic, ouch!
      Beyond all odds, life will find a way

-Jurassic Park

Comment

But Carter isn't dead yet!

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          And not forget
          Spoiler:
          Shepperd seem to have sacrifice him self in first contact so the rest of expedition could get out alive. And he was given temporary command

But as the old saying goes a captain should always go down with his ship and Atlantis is after all a ship so the commanders are just following tradition.
          With this logic, Teyla should die sometime soon (due to sacrifice, not due to being kidnapped by Michael in an alternate timeline) since she once held temporary command.

Comment

With this logic, Teyla should die sometime soon (due to sacrifice, not due to being kidnapped by Michael in an alternate timeline) since she once held temporary command.
            Yesterday 06:20 AM

WE CAN ONLY HOPE!!!
            I can't stand her character! Put her in charge again, if that is what it takes.

Comment

Working...
            X