This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't shake the feeling...

that we will probably only get one SGA movie. Since they announced the cancellation of SGA, they have done little to reassure the fans that they are totally committed to keeping SGA alive. It seems to me they are going to wrap it all up with a single movie, and then focus their efforts entirely on SGU. I hope I am wrong, but that's the impression I get.

~ mh777
    "You heard me! I said KREE!"

www.heliosaga.com

I'm afraid to say i have to agree with that. Also correct me if i'm wrong but its not been confirmed that they are actually going to wrap up the current atlantis storyline in the movie?

Comment

who cares. Current TPTB don't deserve money for more than one movie
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Well the movie is "greenlit", but I think you're right, we'll probably only get one.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
        Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

If this is the case, then the Wraith probably won't ever be eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Rider View Post
            Well the movie is "greenlit", but I think you're right, we'll probably only get one.
            I know they said that the movie was "greenlit" but to me, it doesn't seem like they'll even make the movie.

They seem like they just want to sweep Atlantis under the rug and continue on to their eventual suicide.

By "they" I mean MGM of course.
            sigpic
            ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
              If this is the case, then the Wraith probably won't ever be eliminated.
              Congratulations, when did you stumble across such a notion?

Was it the part where they're 'buddies' with them, now, or the part where they want to 'cure' them, now?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                Congratulations, when did you stumble across such a notion?

Was it the part where they're 'buddies' with them, now, or the part where they want to 'cure' them, now?
                Both.

Comment

they said that there'll be more Atlantis adventures if the first movie is successfull. which i'm sure it will be b/c the fans are out there and want Atlantis to continue just like SG-1.

Comment

I would say that it is very likely we'll only get one (possibly two) movies for SGA only. Once the cast's current contracts are up it will be increasingly difficult to get them back together for further SGA projects since the actors will have moved onto other projects.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                      Current TPTB don't deserve money for more than one movie
                      ... I have to agree with this!

Comment

yeah i'm pretty sure we'll get only 1 movie and i'm a bit afraid they'll try to hurry the storyline to an end so we won't actually have any ending of SGA

Comment

It's sad, but there will be two movies max. If they can make more I will be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                            I know they said that the movie was "greenlit" but to me, it doesn't seem like they'll even make the movie.

They seem like they just want to sweep Atlantis under the rug and continue on to their eventual suicide.

By "they" I mean MGM of course.
                            If they don't even make the SGA movie at all, then they can certainly forget about me giving SGU a chance. I won't immerse myself in another world/adventure only to have no idea (or even a crappy idea) of how it ends. As many other people have already said, we deserve so much better than that.

~ mh777
                            "You heard me! I said KREE!"

www.heliosaga.com

Comment

Once the sets are dismantled, bye-bye SGA.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X