Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does any else feel like Universe will be a massive insult to there intelligence

So far the following about this 13 episode series has made me think "Do you morons think I'm an idiot?

1.The way Universe was announced I don't know about the rest of you but Atlantis felt like it had another all be it reduced 18 episode season left in it and would have made an excellent backdoor pilot for this show. Formally announcing the show two days after announcing Atlantis's cancellation felt like a kick in the nuts.

2. The characters sound horrible WTF is a party girl US Senators daughter doing off world? And I'll give you two ideal characters to jump over to Universe from SG-1 and Atlantis Carolyn Lam and Evan Lorne, Lexa Doig gives you Star Power and Evan Lorne gives fans the feeling of "We are treating you with some dignity"

3. The plot leaves a lot to be desired what with Earth having access to intergalactic ships which given the right amount of power can cross the Universe in minutes.

I'll watch the movie but I admit my personal bar is low and a large part of me thinks that the teen scence from 200 will be pretty close to this show.

Originally posted by Mat Parker 116 View Post
    So far the following about this 13 episode series has made me think "Do you morons think I'm an idiot?
    Where did u read 13 episodes? I would guess that they would stick with the standard 20 ep season they had for the last 10 years

1.The way Universe was announced I don't know about the rest of you but Atlantis felt like it had another all be it reduced 18 episode season left in it and would have made an excellent backdoor pilot for this show. Formally announcing the show two days after announcing Atlantis's cancellation felt like a kick in the nuts.
    I agree, I would have liked to see another Atlantis season and have some leadup going into Universe. The timing on the announcements was very poor on SciFi/MGM behalf. But I think everyone looked at it the wrong way. It's not, we are cancelling Atlantis to start Universe, it was more, the bad news is Atlantis is not renewed, but good news is Universe is coming soon. That way fans wouldn't be hanging to think that Atlantis was cancelled for nothing.

2. The characters sound horrible WTF is a party girl US Senators daughter doing off world? And I'll give you two ideal characters to jump over to Universe from SG-1 and Atlantis Carolyn Lam and Evan Lorne, Lexa Doig gives you Star Power and Evan Lorne gives fans the feeling of "We are treating you with some dignity"
    That is the casting call, it has no effect on the actual characters in the show. It is for the actors and agencies to get an idea and give them something in real life to relate to when they go for their audition.

3. The plot leaves a lot to be desired what with Earth having access to intergalactic ships which given the right amount of power can cross the Universe in minutes.
    Most people are under the assumption that they are travelling to another galaxy, which makes the most sense. Without knowing what galaxy they are in, getting help from an earth ship is impossible. Even with a ZedPM, it takes weeks to get there, then they must jump around the galaxy to find them. With space being such a massive void, it is absolutely improbable, even with Asgard technology.

I'll watch the movie but I admit my personal bar is low and a large part of me thinks that the teen scence from 200 will be pretty close to this show.
    Thats the best thing to do, support the franchise, and give it a chance. You never know until you see it. I am betting almost everyone who says they hate it now will still be here in a year talking about how fridays' episode was their favorite of the season so far.

Comment

I felt my intelligence was being insulted whenever I sat down and watched SG1 or SGA, so I expect no less from SGU.

Comment

we have a thriving universe discussion thread, so i suggest that folks take their comments there
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X