This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really Cool Guys thread I

This is a thread for good things about Pete, Jonas, McKay and possibly Luke ( at Shadow).

So, who wants to see more of Jonas' quirkiness? Like in Nightwalkers when he dips his food in his milkshake and likes it It inspired me to start dunking McDonalds' chicken nuggets into their strawberry icecream sundaes, now I'm addicted to them!!

Originally posted by Teal'c
    This is a thread for good things about Pete, Jonas, McKay and possibly Luke ( at Shadow).
    Awww, you're so sweet.

I'd love to see more of all of them. I tried dipping onion rings in a chocolate milkshake last summer and it was surprisingly good. Who'da thunk it'd take an alien to show me a cool Earth cuisine? ;P

McKay is an ass, we all know that, but I think that there's something deeper down that he tries desperately to keep hidden. Kinda like- dare I say it?- Jack. I love his cynicism and his snarky ways. I even love that he can call Carter a "dumb blonde" and not die a painful death. Or at least, not YET...

Pete's a sweetheart. And (that thing with the roses? LOVED that!) Hope TPTB do justice by him if they bring him back.

I love Jonas more than can be said in a few words. He was a great character, badly mistreated by fans and writers alike. In my private universe, he's still with the team and he has LOTS more back story and centrality.

Luke... what's not to love about Luke? He's positively Machiavellian in his plots and yet his heart is in the right place. More or less. Plus, he makes that kickass Blue Jello Surprise. If they had more Luke in S8, I'd probably watch, just to see him.

Comment

I thought McKay was great, he was love-to-hate in 48 Hours (An all-time favourite episode of mine), and then he developed in Redemption, while still maintaining his hilarious sarcasm and cynicism. "Yeah, hey, Anubis, this is your agent, you're playing it way over the top, can you get serious please?"

Comment

"Yeah, hey, Anubis, this is your agent, you're playing it way over the top, can you get serious please?"
        At least SOMEONE had the guts to say it. I'm glad it was McKay.

Comment

Hopefully he'll improve his impressions in Atlantis, gain a wide range from Apophis to Zipacna...

"'Nothing can stop the destruction I bring upon you' then the gate shuts down 'Oops, sorry, nevermind!'."

Comment

"'Nothing can stop the destruction I bring upon you' then the gate shuts down 'Oops, sorry, nevermind!'."
            Yeah, he gets all the best lines.

I liked Pete's thing about the box of wine with the duck on the front, too.

And Luke's sarcastic, "It's lemon chicken."

And just about everything uttered by Jonas.

Comment

I LOOOOOOOOOVED the box of wine bit! "A box?"

And his reaction when Sam dressed up!

Comment

I really hope that there is some Jonas in season 8. I miss him. And he's not so hard on the eyes either. But I only want him back if they can give him an actual decent storyline and not something that they could have just used a cardboard cut out of him and just skipped paying Corin. I did enjoy Fallout though. I was so worried that it was going to be some horrible The Core knock-off but I quite enjoyed it.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Yeah, I soooo want him back. I liked Fallout (Better than the piece of crap The Core), but I think we have to get a non-Kelowna episode, where we find out Jonas is the advanced human the Asgard have been looking for!

Comment

Jonas - Poor guy did get the short stick. My wife didn't like him at first but grew to like him so much that she wishes TPTB would bring him back. I liked the comic relief that he provided ("First time on a mother ship!") in contrast to Jack's wise-ass remarks.

McKay - Sorry, but I really don't like him. Prefer Felger's lovable ineptitude.

Pete - Don't have great feelings for him one way or the other. I am enough of a J&S shipper that I want the relationship to eventually end but not in the fiery blaze of glory that some fans, my wife included, want (Pete dies, Jack kicks his ass, Sam kicks Pete's ass, etc). I would like to see more of Pete as the relationship cools.

Luke - Who the hell is he? Oh, wife says that he is the lemon chicken guy in the commissary. Which ep was that? Guess that he will play 'Gunther' to Sam's 'Rachel'.
                    Major Kawalsky
                    I've clawed my way from Mature to Fodder! WOOHOO!
                    U.S. Stargate Command

Comment

Yeah it would be great if they could actually make something out of the advanced human story arc they started in season six and then proceeded to drop like a hot potato with absolutely no resolution whatsoever in season 7. But I'm not bitter. Not at all.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

...but I think we have to get a non-Kelowna episode, where we find out Jonas is the advanced human the Asgard have been looking for!
                        YES! Exactly! And I betcha he could work the Ancients tech, too. Betcha he could do it without going all goofy like Jack does.

Of course, it'll never happen, but it's nice to think about. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by MAJKawalsky
                          Luke - Who the hell is he? Oh, wife says that he is the lemon chicken guy in the commissary. Which ep was that? Guess that he will play 'Gunther' to Sam's 'Rachel'.
                          Yup, he's in 48 Hours, when he tries to kill McKay with lemon chicken for pissing off his girl (Sam), the first attempt of many I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                            Yeah it would be great if they could actually make something out of the advanced human story arc they started in season six and then proceeded to drop like a hot potato with absolutely no resolution whatsoever in season 7. But I'm not bitter. Not at all.
                            I wouldn't say they dropped it like a hot potato... Anubis mentioned it, and they did reveal a big thing which they SHOULD have kept with in Fragile Balance, so not completely dropped

Comment

I wouldn't say they dropped it like a hot potato... Anubis mentioned it, and they did reveal a big thing which they SHOULD have kept with in Fragile Balance, so not completely dropped
                              They didn't drop it, per se, they just developed selective amnesia regarding Jonas's potential role in things. Or hell, Jonas's potential, period.

Comment

Working...
                              X