PDA

View Full Version : Really Cool Guys thread I

Teal'c
May 8th, 2004, 06:00 PM
This is a thread for good things about Pete, Jonas, McKay and possibly Luke (;) at Shadow).

So, who wants to see more of Jonas' quirkiness? Like in Nightwalkers when he dips his food in his milkshake and likes it :D It inspired me to start dunking McDonalds' chicken nuggets into their strawberry icecream sundaes, now I'm addicted to them!! :P

ShadowMaat
May 8th, 2004, 06:13 PM
This is a thread for good things about Pete, Jonas, McKay and possibly Luke (;) at Shadow).

Awww, you're so sweet. :P

I'd love to see more of all of them. I tried dipping onion rings in a chocolate milkshake last summer and it was surprisingly good. Who'da thunk it'd take an alien to show me a cool Earth cuisine? ;P

McKay is an ass, we all know that, but I think that there's something deeper down that he tries desperately to keep hidden. Kinda like- dare I say it?- Jack. :P I love his cynicism and his snarky ways. I even love that he can call Carter a "dumb blonde" and not die a painful death. Or at least, not YET...

Pete's a sweetheart. And (that thing with the roses? LOVED that!) Hope TPTB do justice by him if they bring him back.

I love Jonas more than can be said in a few words. He was a great character, badly mistreated by fans and writers alike. In my private universe, he's still with the team and he has LOTS more back story and centrality.

Luke... what's not to love about Luke? He's positively Machiavellian in his plots and yet his heart is in the right place. More or less. Plus, he makes that kickass Blue Jello Surprise. :D If they had more Luke in S8, I'd probably watch, just to see him.

Teal'c
May 8th, 2004, 06:16 PM
I thought McKay was great, he was love-to-hate in 48 Hours (An all-time favourite episode of mine), and then he developed in Redemption, while still maintaining his hilarious sarcasm and cynicism. "Yeah, hey, Anubis, this is your agent, you're playing it way over the top, can you get serious please?"

ShadowMaat
May 8th, 2004, 06:18 PM
"Yeah, hey, Anubis, this is your agent, you're playing it way over the top, can you get serious please?"

At least SOMEONE had the guts to say it. ;) I'm glad it was McKay.

Teal'c
May 8th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Hopefully he'll improve his impressions in Atlantis, gain a wide range from Apophis to Zipacna... :D

"'Nothing can stop the destruction I bring upon you' then the gate shuts down 'Oops, sorry, nevermind!'."

ShadowMaat
May 8th, 2004, 06:23 PM
"'Nothing can stop the destruction I bring upon you' then the gate shuts down 'Oops, sorry, nevermind!'."

Yeah, he gets all the best lines. ;)

I liked Pete's thing about the box of wine with the duck on the front, too.

And Luke's sarcastic, "It's lemon chicken."

And just about everything uttered by Jonas. :D

Teal'c
May 8th, 2004, 06:25 PM
I LOOOOOOOOOVED the box of wine bit! :D "A box?"

And his reaction when Sam dressed up! :D

Shipperahoy
May 8th, 2004, 06:33 PM
I really hope that there is some Jonas in season 8. I miss him. And he's not so hard on the eyes either. But I only want him back if they can give him an actual decent storyline and not something that they could have just used a cardboard cut out of him and just skipped paying Corin. I did enjoy Fallout though. I was so worried that it was going to be some horrible The Core knock-off but I quite enjoyed it.

Teal'c
May 8th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I soooo want him back. I liked Fallout (Better than the piece of crap The Core), but I think we have to get a non-Kelowna episode, where we find out Jonas is the advanced human the Asgard have been looking for! :D

MAJKawalsky
May 8th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Jonas - Poor guy did get the short stick. My wife didn't like him at first but grew to like him so much that she wishes TPTB would bring him back. I liked the comic relief that he provided ("First time on a mother ship!") in contrast to Jack's wise-ass remarks.

McKay - Sorry, but I really don't like him. Prefer Felger's lovable ineptitude.

Pete - Don't have great feelings for him one way or the other. I am enough of a J&S shipper that I want the relationship to eventually end but not in the fiery blaze of glory that some fans, my wife included, want (Pete dies, Jack kicks his ass, Sam kicks Pete's ass, etc). I would like to see more of Pete as the relationship cools.

Luke - Who the hell is he? Oh, wife says that he is the lemon chicken guy in the commissary. Which ep was that? Guess that he will play 'Gunther' to Sam's 'Rachel'.

Shipperahoy
May 8th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Yeah it would be great if they could actually make something out of the advanced human story arc they started in season six and then proceeded to drop like a hot potato with absolutely no resolution whatsoever in season 7. But I'm not bitter. Not at all.

ShadowMaat
May 8th, 2004, 06:41 PM
...but I think we have to get a non-Kelowna episode, where we find out Jonas is the advanced human the Asgard have been looking for! :D

YES! Exactly! And I betcha he could work the Ancients tech, too. Betcha he could do it without going all goofy like Jack does. :P

Of course, it'll never happen, but it's nice to think about. *sigh*

Teal'c
May 8th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Luke - Who the hell is he? Oh, wife says that he is the lemon chicken guy in the commissary. Which ep was that? Guess that he will play 'Gunther' to Sam's 'Rachel'.

Yup, he's in 48 Hours, when he tries to kill McKay with lemon chicken for pissing off his girl (Sam), the first attempt of many I believe :P

Teal'c
May 8th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Yeah it would be great if they could actually make something out of the advanced human story arc they started in season six and then proceeded to drop like a hot potato with absolutely no resolution whatsoever in season 7. But I'm not bitter. Not at all.
I wouldn't say they dropped it like a hot potato... Anubis mentioned it, and they did reveal a big thing which they SHOULD have kept with in Fragile Balance, so not completely dropped :P

ShadowMaat
May 8th, 2004, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't say they dropped it like a hot potato... Anubis mentioned it, and they did reveal a big thing which they SHOULD have kept with in Fragile Balance, so not completely dropped :P

They didn't drop it, per se, they just developed selective amnesia regarding Jonas's potential role in things. Or hell, Jonas's potential, period.

Teal'c
May 8th, 2004, 06:45 PM
YES! Exactly! And I betcha he could work the Ancients tech, too. Betcha he could do it without going all goofy like Jack does. :P

Of course, it'll never happen, but it's nice to think about. *sigh*
Only problem is if Jonas downloaded the repository of Ancient knowledge he would have spent his time being amazed by all the cool stuff they found in Lost City :P

Teal'c
May 8th, 2004, 06:46 PM
They didn't drop it, per se, they just developed selective amnesia regarding Jonas's potential role in things. Or hell, Jonas's potential, period.
So... they earthed him then? :D *prepares for barage of fruit for bad electricity pun*

ShadowMaat
May 8th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Only problem is if Jonas downloaded the repository of Ancient knowledge he would have spent his time being amazed by all the cool stuff they found in Lost City :P

LOL! But he looks so cute when he's amazed! And just think of all the great new "firsts" that would provide. ;)

ShadowMaat
May 8th, 2004, 06:48 PM
So... they earthed him then? :D *prepares for barage of fruit for bad electricity pun*

He was Earthed for a while, then they shunted him off to Kelowna. :P

*throws rotten veggies at T*

TameFarrar
May 8th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Just to show Teal'c and ShadowMaat.....I can do this :D
Jonas....Love Jonas!!! I thought the way he looked at evrything was just wonderful...I loved it when he would get that smile on his face and you would just know.........First time...... :D loved it.hope he gets some good episode like fallout in S8
McKay.....Is, was and always will be my fave smarta$$ VERY happy he will be on Atlantis
Luke..sadly..didn't even know he HAD a name :eek: but now I do and I watch for him
Pete...well three out of four ain't bad

ShadowMaat
May 8th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Luke..sadly..didn't even know he HAD a name :eek: but now I do and I watch for him

Wellll... technically speaking, he DOESN'T have a first name. I just thought he looked like a Luke. ;)

By a strange coincidence, I'm also a bit of a Gilmore Girls fan which, coincidentally, features a curmudgeonly food server named, coincidentally, Luke... :P

MartoufMarty
May 8th, 2004, 06:57 PM

So, who wants to see more of Jonas' quirkiness? Like in Nightwalkers when he dips his food in his milkshake and likes it :D It inspired me to start dunking McDonalds' chicken nuggets into their strawberry icecream sundaes, now I'm addicted to them!! :P

i'm in the middle of redoing Luke's site and adding the diaries sequal. i'm trying to make it look not so bland. lol. and probably make it it's own site and now just a little part of my own. it's not gonna be changed for a bit because i'm waiting for this picture to come through the e-mail from Shadow (damn you e-mail for being slow!) and i have to actually make the wallpaper and the intro pic and everything. not just slab some pictures and text in microsoft word like last time :rolleyes:

one time i accidently dropped a chocolate and oatmeal cookie into some BBQ sauce and it tasted all right. there's this guy i know at school he has a Pizza Pop almost every day (those things are just disgusting) and so far he's put chips (many different kinds), chocolate pudding, red liquorish (is that right word/spelling?), FootRollUp... chocolate bar, and some other things in it. a few of my 'friends' find it totally disqusting and freak out every time he does that. i just don't really care. it's funny though. kinds of reminds me of Jonas.

everytime we go to a restaurant and i see lemon chicken on the menu or at home we have lemon chicken i just have to laugh lol.

:cool: and pete is cool. but not as cool as Luke. no one can be cooler than Luke :P

TameFarrar
May 8th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Wellll... technically speaking, he DOESN'T have a first name. I just thought he looked like a Luke. ;)

By a strange coincidence, I'm also a bit of a Gilmore Girls fan which, coincidentally, features a curmudgeonly food server named, coincidentally, Luke... :P
Well THANK GOODNESS I am not crazy... but at least now I do look for the food guy AND I call him Luke :D

ShadowMaat
May 8th, 2004, 07:02 PM
and pete is cool. but not as cool as Luke. no one can be cooler than Luke :P

Zactly. :)

I once had a really horrifying sandwich. I don't even remember what was in it, except boysenberry jelly, a couple kinds of meat and possibly some horseradish sauce. It tasted fantastic! Of course, it was also the closest thing I'd eaten to real food in a month, so my taste buds could have just been exceedingly desperate. ;)

Glad those days are over.

stargate barbie
May 8th, 2004, 07:04 PM
I LOVE JONAS! love him. to pieces. it really bugged me that they had to get rid of him, and they should definitely bring him back for more. he really brought a great energy to the show.

mckay.... ah mckay.... i can't really say anything to describe how cool he is. i cannot explain adequately how much i love that guy. he's such a [email protected][email protected]! i really hope they keep his character that cool in the future. i can't wait to see more of him.

"Luke", he was very cool, and i think we should see more of him in the background. the way he delivered that lemon chicken line was hilarious. i thought that mckay, luke and carter played off each other very well.

pete..... gggrrrr....
i'll admit for the first 20 minutes i did find him... almost cute. that didn't last long though, and i shall refrain from stating my thoughts on him any further because this is a positive thread.

i LOVE the first 3.
and i still think jonas is like fry from futurama!

ShadowMaat
May 8th, 2004, 07:27 PM
I'll have to do some more research so I can figure out how to post pics. Then everyone can see Luke so they'll know him when they see him. ;)

Linking can't be the only method. Lots of sites don't allow outside linking to pics...

bcmilco
May 8th, 2004, 07:49 PM
I'll have to do some more research so I can figure out how to post pics. Then everyone can see Luke so they'll know him when they see him. ;)

Linking can't be the only method. Lots of sites don't allow outside linking to pics...

If you "Quote" a reply and scroll down a little there is a button called "Manage Attachments" click that and follow the instructions... :)

ShadowMaat
May 8th, 2004, 07:53 PM
If you "Quote" a reply and scroll down a little there is a button called "Manage Attachments" click that and follow the instructions... :)

I tried the "Manage attachments" thing but it didn't show up when I previewed the post. What does the "Quote" part have to do with it?

stargate barbie
May 8th, 2004, 07:59 PM
I tried the "Manage attachments" thing but it didn't show up when I previewed the post. What does the "Quote" part have to do with it?

i think it has to do with the fact that it automatically brings it straight into the "go advanced" thing.

and yay. you should post a pic of "luke" (or as i like to call him "the commisary guy") in all his surly glory. it'd be pretty cool if you could have him in your sig. or as your avatar!

bcmilco
May 8th, 2004, 08:00 PM

I'm trying it right now :)

Edited to say: Ta-da!

ShadowMaat
May 8th, 2004, 08:02 PM
I'm trying it right now :)

Edited to say: Ta-da!

I love you, BCM. ;) Thanks!

bcmilco
May 8th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Here's what I did:

I started a reply (not a quick reply)
Clicked Manage Attachments
Clicked Browse in the window that poped up
found the file I wanted
Clicked upload
(In the reply window right above the Manage Attachments button it listed the attached file)
Clicked Submit Reply

And Low and Behold... Luke! :)

I love you, BCM. Thanks!

I know, I'm just a lovable kinda guy :p :D

Shipperahoy
May 8th, 2004, 08:06 PM
There's just something about curmodgeonly food servers. I think I'm going to go watch 48 hours again. In the meantime I'm waiting on pins and needles for the season finale of Gilmore Girls. One week from Tuesday. YAY!

stargate barbie
May 8th, 2004, 08:07 PM
I love you, BCM. ;) Thanks!

i second that!

ShadowMaat
May 8th, 2004, 08:18 PM
So you can add pics that way, you just can't preview them.

And now I'm stuck with two copies of the pic that it won't let me delete because they're "in progress". *sigh*

ShadowMaat
May 9th, 2004, 07:07 AM
This attaching pics thing could be fun. ;)

I think we should add Siler, Chevron Guy and Lt. Simmons to the list, too. They never get the credit they deserve. The underdogs of Stargate Command.

Personally, I think it's a shame that we never get to see Siler with his Giant Wrench anymore. It was so big, so distinctive, so... Siler. :D Thanks to Jemima's Trek (http://www.ficml.org/jemimap/moveabletype/2003/12/18/gratuitous_wrench_post.html) for the pic.

Mr Prophet
May 9th, 2004, 07:53 AM
I think we should add Siler, Chevron Guy and Lt. Simmons to the list, too. They never get the credit they deserve. The underdogs of Stargate Command.

Well, as we all know, Chevron guy is Sergeant Davis, cousin of Major Davis and Technician Davis, leader of the SGC Chapel Choir and also known as Pen Davis, Godfather of the Cheyenne Mountain Taffia; the Welsh organised crime syndicate who actually run things at the SGC. Why else do you think he never got a telling off for wearing a combat cardigan in place of his uniform? And how else could he get away with changing his name every time a new warrant for his arrest comes out?

"Harriman Davis? Never heard of him; I'm Walter."

Is Lieutenant Simmons any relation of Colonel Simmons, do you think? Does that boyish facade hide a ruthless mind that will one day seek vengeance against the woman who spurned him and the team who killed his second cousin twice removed?

I must admit, I'd never noticd a continuity of food server before. Good thing too, since if I had I probably never would have invented Mess Sergeant Zehavi Tabor, the second generation Algerian chef who runs the offworld coffee racket (with a cut going to Pen Davis, natch).

Hmm; sometimes I suspect I have too many thoughts.

ShadowMaat
May 9th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Is Lieutenant Simmons any relation of Colonel Simmons, do you think? Does that boyish facade hide a ruthless mind that will one day seek vengeance against the woman who spurned him and the team who killed his second cousin twice removed?

"My name is Inigo Graham Simmons. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

I must admit, I'd never noticd a continuity of food server before. Good thing too, since if I had I probably never would have invented Mess Sergeant Zehavi Tabor, the second generation Algerian chef who runs the offworld coffee racket (with a cut going to Pen Davis, natch).

I think Luke has only appeared once, but Sue, the big black lady, has popped up a couple of times. Was Zehavi the other food server guy in 48 Hours? ;) Maybe he's the one who helped Luke procure that "special" Abydan coffee he used to help off Narim...

Mr Prophet
May 9th, 2004, 08:45 AM
I think Luke has only appeared once, but Sue, the big black lady, has popped up a couple of times. Was Zehavi the other food server guy in 48 Hours? ;) Maybe he's the one who helped Luke procure that "special" Abydan coffee he used to help off Narim...

Sergeant Tabor is just someone who turned up a couple of times; first as the front runner in Sergeant Davis' 'unscheduled offworld activation sweepstake' (correctly guess how many times the Tok'ra come to us for help this month and win a prize), then as someone with a stash of superior coffee, and finally as the Mess Sergeant of the SGC.

He was originally named after Tebor - the guy at the Springfield nuclear plant who gets blamed for everything because he doesn't speak English, but still got promoted over Homer - and then became an Algerian Muslim for some reason.

This also fits in with my decision to declare that caffeine is one of the only stimulants not neutralised by Goa'uld physiognomy and thus coffee is popular with all Goa'uld and Tok'ra. Except Selmak apparently; I guess he's a tea drinker. The finer choice of caffeinated beverage is of great importance in my fanfic, be it tea, coffee or klah'c; the Jaffa mocha from hell.

ShadowMaat
May 9th, 2004, 08:51 AM
The finer choice of caffeinated beverage is of great importance in my fanfic, be it tea, coffee or klah'c; the Jaffa mocha from hell.

Glad to know that someone realizes the importance of things like that. ;)

Wouldn't mind trying some klah'c myself some day. Any relation to the klah that the dragonriders of Pern are additced to? :)

Mr Prophet
May 9th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Wouldn't mind trying some klah'c myself some day. Any relation to the klah that the dragonriders of Pern are additced to? :)

Not consciously. The name comes from an I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue game (I think). It's part of Mraf Klah'c, which is the London Underground station Chalk Farm spelt backwards.

Major Clanger
May 9th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Not consciously. The name comes from an I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue game (I think). It's part of Mraf Klah'c, which is the London Underground station Chalk Farm spelt backwards.
You know, Mr.Prophet, I come here to get away from those blasted Mornington Crescent threads...

aarrghhhhhh!

Teal'c
May 9th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Hmmmmm... what about the janitor from Heroes Part 2? What's his part in the whole SGC underworld? :P

mommabird
May 9th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Just to show Teal'c and ShadowMaat.....I can do this :D
Jonas....Love Jonas!!! I thought the way he looked at evrything was just wonderful...I loved it when he would get that smile on his face and you would just know.........First time...... :D loved it.hope he gets some good episode like fallout in S8
McKay.....Is, was and always will be my fave smarta$$ VERY happy he will be on Atlantis
Pete...well three out of four ain't bad
May I just say its so nice to read posts from folks that love and miss Jonas as much as I do.

stargate barbie
May 9th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Hmmmmm... what about the janitor from Heroes Part 2? What's his part in the whole SGC underworld? :P

you mean kevin, the guy who runs the secret blackjack games in the store room on sub-level 18?

thats right. i gave him a sub plot and a boring name! :p

(sorry if anyone is named kevin here)

Mr Prophet
May 9th, 2004, 02:09 PM
You know, Mr.Prophet, I come here to get away from those blasted Mornington Crescent threads...

And yet you missed the guest appearance in Hak'tar? Maybe I was too subtle.

ShadowMaat
May 9th, 2004, 02:56 PM
I forget... Was Vinny the unfortunate guy who kept smacking the door into Teal'c's face in WOO? hehe. I wonder if he ever understood Teal'c's vendetta against him... And if he survived it. ;)

stargate barbie
May 9th, 2004, 03:04 PM
I forget... Was Vinny the unfortunate guy who kept smacking the door into Teal'c's face in WOO? hehe. I wonder if he ever understood Teal'c's vendetta against him... And if he survived it. ;)

i don't know, but he looks like a eugene to me. you just wanted to put the picture up there though didn'tcha :)

ShadowMaat
May 9th, 2004, 03:04 PM
i don't know, but he looks like a eugene to me. you just wanted to put the picture up there though didn'tcha :)

hehehe, it's a cool new toy. And I do like Eugene-Vincent, too. :)

MartoufMarty
May 9th, 2004, 04:41 PM
It isn't done yet, but I do have a pretty good start. The links on the page don't work, so don't even bother clicking them. I hope to finish the site... by the end of the week lol.

Sneak Peek:

http://foodserver2.topcities.com/

stargate barbie
May 9th, 2004, 04:53 PM
hey can we add maybourne to the list or do too many people hate him?
i'd also like to add silers other constant companion (other than the big wrench that is), major wood. (played by and actually named by, martin wood)

ShadowMaat
May 9th, 2004, 06:01 PM
hey can we add maybourne to the list or do too many people hate him?
i'd also like to add silers other constant companion (other than the big wrench that is), major wood. (played by and actually named by, martin wood)

You can add them if you want. I've personally never cared for Maybourne. I find very little about him to like, although that was a stylin' shirt he was wearing that time he called up Jack from some tropical beach. ;)

Major Wood... I suppose. But then we'd have to add Penhall, too, or whatever his name is. I'm kinda anti-TPTB in any form at the moment, but if folks who don't like Pete and McKay can tolerate them in this thread, I suppose I can tolerate a few I don't like, too.

It's starting to get crowded in this thread. :P

stargate barbie
May 9th, 2004, 06:51 PM
so, what, we compromise? you can have pete and i can have maybourne here?

once again. words cannot express how much i adore mckay.
only he could get away with calling carter a dumb blonde and only get an insult in return rather than a decapitation.

and insulting the geeks in redemption! how much the man is he!?!

ShadowMaat
May 9th, 2004, 07:10 PM
so, what, we compromise?

Yep. Unlike SOME people, I know how to make a polite compromise. :P

I find McKay very loveable... in a "I want to strangle him" sort of way. ;) And I think David Hewlett's a phenomenal actor. Nice to know that Stargate has a couple of "real" actors onboard. Sometimes. :P

Emmit Devay
May 9th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Dr. McKay is so cool. However, I hope they do something with Maybourne next season. He may not exactly fit the title, but he's the closest thing Stargate has to an anti-hero. He's got that Harry Lime, I'm gona do whatever to get ahead damn the "victims," vibe to him. I always did kind of expect him to give Jack some rationale involving the Borgia's.

Skydiver
May 9th, 2004, 07:15 PM
jonas is massively adorable. i love how he was sorta the 'little brother' to sam and teal'c.

mckay, he is a prick....but i think he's also a rather insecure person who tries to keep everyone at bay by being abrasive...he tries to keep folks off balance so they can never look too deeply at him. i didn't think this the first time he showed up, but he did get better the second time

he's sorta like maybourne, a shallow character until he's around a while and gets a bit of a personality and it makes him interesting

ShadowMaat
May 9th, 2004, 07:18 PM
As someone who was deeply in love with Profit for the short while it lasted, I am all for anti-heroes. ;)

Emmit Devay
May 9th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Is it wrong that anti-heroes are my favortie character type? :)

ShadowMaat
May 9th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Is it wrong that anti-heroes are my favortie character type? :)

Yes, it is. But we'll try to like you anyway. ;)

stargate barbie
May 9th, 2004, 07:40 PM
jonas is massively adorable. i love how he was sorta the 'little brother' to sam and teal'c.

yes jonas is massively adorable. one might even go so far as to say he's cute as a button. :D

mckay, he is a prick....
can we say that in this forum, cos i've been restraining myself regarding a certain character who is listed in this thread so i wont say it here. :)

bcmilco
May 9th, 2004, 07:53 PM
I just realized I haven't posted anything nice here yet... besides a picture :p

I like to dislike McKay I think he plays so well off of Sam and it's always fun to see the two of them go back and forth. :p

I really like Harry Mayborne, I think he plays well off of Jack and they have great back and forth moments too.

I really like Jonas too. He was/is a fun character and I think he gave the show a breath of fresh air. He had a nice little brother relationship with Sam and Teal'c.

And Luke ... what delivery, he had an absolutely amazing preformance and I think it's a shame that they haven't had him back. I think we should start a petition :p

ShadowMaat
May 9th, 2004, 07:57 PM
And Luke ... what delivery, he had an absolutely amazing preformance and I think it's a shame that they haven't had him back. I think we should start a petition :p

I knew there was a reason I liked you. ;)

I'll agree that Maybourne plays well off of Jack.

I also hope that McKay can stand on his own when he won't be able to play off of Sam.

bcmilco
May 9th, 2004, 08:02 PM
I'll agree that Maybourne plays well off of Jack.

Yeah, If it weren't for their chemistry I don't think I'd like Maybourne quite as much... they just work so well together. :)

I also hope that McKay can stand on his own when he won't be able to play off of Sam.

That's one of the things that has me nervous for SG-A, will McKay be as much fun without Sam... I sure hope so. I'm optimistic :D :p

ShadowMaat
May 9th, 2004, 08:05 PM
That's one of the things that has me nervous for SG-A, will McKay be as much fun without Sam... I sure hope so. I'm optimistic :D :p

Yeah, but look what happened to Felger when they took away Coombs. :P
I'm pessimistic. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/scorchio/sevil.gif And yet... hopeful. 'Cause I really like McKay...

stargate barbie
May 9th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Yeah, If it weren't for their chemistry I don't think I'd like Maybourne quite as much... they just work so well together. :)

yeah originally i didn't like maybourne that much, but when he and jack started to develop an antagonistic relationship, he just became fun.

and as for mckay, i think he'll do ok. he bounced pretty well of jonas when sam wasn't around, so if they don't completely change his character, then he should do pretty well. then again too much of a good thing could be bad.

bcmilco
May 9th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Yeah, but look what happened to Felger when they took away Coombs. :P
I'm pessimistic. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/scorchio/sevil.gif And yet... hopeful. 'Cause I really like McKay...

Dare I say it... I didn't think Felger was THAT bad without Coombs, I definately noticed he was missing but I still found it amusing the first few time I watched it. :p

bcmilco
May 9th, 2004, 08:18 PM
then again too much of a good thing could be bad.

That's another thing that has me worried, he was great in small doses, but how will it be when he's in every episode? He might have to be toned down, and that might really change his character :S

ShadowMaat
May 9th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Dare I say it... I didn't think Felger was THAT bad without Coombs, I definately noticed he was missing but I still found it amusing the first few time I watched it. :p

The depth of my hatred for that ep cannot be expressed in mere words. Although I may make an attempt at some point over on the Avenger thread. :P

Emmit Devay
May 9th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Yes, it is. But we'll try to like you anyway. ;)

Well, it's a start. :)

I think Felger is a character that needs to be paired up with a coombs. It's kinda like having a movie with only Jay without Silent Bob. Alone, Felger was a bit too much. It's like they (the writers) pushed his quirks to the extreme. Another character for him to play off of helps to tone it down.

marimba26
May 9th, 2004, 11:49 PM

(I know, I'm a little behind but what can i say LOL)

Just wanted to put in my two cents:

LOVE JONAS!!! MISS JONAS!!! WANT JONAS BACK!!!

As for the nugget thing, if it's McDonalds, personally I'm a "french fries and ice cream" girl myself! :D :D Love it that I'm not the only one who does stuff like that btw!

ShadowMaat
May 10th, 2004, 03:45 AM
It's like they (the writers) pushed his quirks to the extreme. Another character for him to play off of helps to tone it down.

Exactly. That was one of my biggest complaints about Avenger 2.0. They took his quirks too far, they pushed the character over the edge ao that he went from being an over-eager but believable character to being an embarrassing farce who I felt didn't deserve to be at Stargate Command.

I hope we'll get to see Sam and McKay play off each other one last time before he gets shipped to Atlantis. ;)

Shipperahoy
May 10th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Spoiler Avenger 2.0
The thing that really pushed me over the edge from mild boredom to utter disgust was the catfight at the end. I realize that it was meant in good fun and all but it seemed so completely and utterly out of place.

BTW Shadow, can we work out some sort of visitation schedule with Jonas?

ShadowMaat
May 10th, 2004, 10:47 AM
BTW Shadow, can we work out some sort of visitation schedule with Jonas?

He's mine... ALL mine! :P But if you're nice to me, I might let you look at him once in a while. ;)

nugglebugget
May 10th, 2004, 11:45 AM
I LOOOOOOOOOVED the box of wine bit! :D "A box?"

And his reaction when Sam dressed up! :D

Which was nothing compared to my 15-year old son's reaction to her dressed up!;)

If I ever go back to fast food for a career,I want "Luke" to run my drive-thru....

ShadowMaat
May 10th, 2004, 12:35 PM
If I ever go back to fast food for a career,I want "Luke" to run my drive-thru....

Well, at least you wouldn't have to worry about obnoxious customers coming back to bother you. ;)

Teal'c
May 10th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Well, at least you wouldn't have to worry about obnoxious customers coming back to bother you. ;)
I assume he doesn't just do the regular kind of sneezers? :P *pictures Luke with a jar of Uranium Nitrate* :D