This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spacegates/Ground Based Gates??

I was wondering how everyone feels about this. Will the Ship that Has the Stargates be placing them in Orbit "Spacegates" or on the Plantes Surface? The reason i thought this is that all the gates we EVER SAW in SG-1 were land based gates (for the reason we did not have any type of spaceship to explore like Atlantis Does) and Atlantis Has a Mixture of Space and Land Gates.

Thoughts??
    sigpic
    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

well.... space gates would be easier to distibute.... but i'm not a big fan of them tbh, i hope for mostly land gates,
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

I'm Hoping there'll be land gates, but a ship seeding space gates makes more sense to me.
      sigpic
      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
        I'm Hoping there'll be land gates, but a ship seeding space gates makes more sense to me.
        IMHO having just space gates means all that use a SG need a space ship in the same ilk as a puddle-jumper. Not a great idea.

Again IMHO I thouht that the space gates in PG where put there by the Wraith for their darts so as to not alert people on a planet and they couldn't use it to escape.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        McKay: Crap!

Hermiod: What did you do?

McKay: I ran it through a translation programme, it's Wraith.

Hermiod: Crap indeed!
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        O'Neall: Yasureyoubetya!

Comment

I assumed they would be landgates but a ship dispersing the gates... it would make more sense for them to be spacegates... i hope not tho...

I assumed the ship would just drop them on the planet and part of the ancients research was seeing if the inhabitants of the planet would become clever enough to find it, stand it up, power and use it etc. (over the thousands of years)

How would they expect people to start using the gate system if its floating in orbit?

Ah well personally I hope they are landgates.

Comment

i hope they are landgates, i miss the teams stepping through the gate. atlantis didn't show much of that and i need my fix

Comment

Working...
            X