Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't like the idea of BSG Universe...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like the idea of BSG Universe...

If people who read this have read any of my other posts you will know that I am a big fan of the Stargate universe; but I’m afraid by the sound of the plot I will not be a fan of 'Stargate Universe' or as it will forever be known as BSG Universe.

The whole premise of this new show sounds terrible, and I’m deeply saddened that this show caused the premature death of a far better show in my opinion.

I will give it a week but it may well end up on the heap with Battlestar and Jericho. My review may be written before deadline but it will give me a chance to watch repeats of SG1 and SGA…so not all bad then.

sigpic

don't worry, with current SG writers, producers SGU will never be BSG...sadly.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      Agreed, the mindsets of the two PTBs are very different.

Comment

* faints *

Comment

While i am a huge fan of all things Stargate, I too am not looking that forward to Universe, Atlantis is going well and to cut it short does seem like one hell of a bad decision, but its happening and we have to deal with it...

On the other hand IMO, BSG is far superior, I frakin' love it.
          Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
            If people who read this have read any of my other posts you will know that I am a big fan of the Stargate universe; but I’m afraid by the sound of the plot I will not be a fan of 'Stargate Universe' or as it will forever be known as BSG Universe.

The whole premise of this new show sounds terrible, and I’m deeply saddened that this show caused the premature death of a far better show in my opinion.

I will give it a week but it may well end up on the heap with Battlestar and Jericho. My review may be written before deadline but it will give me a chance to watch repeats of SG1 and SGA…so not all bad then.
            I like your sig.

Comment

I don't think TPTB will make it into a carbon copy of BSG, it just sounds to me that there will be similar elements to some of the stories within some episodes of the show.

All modern sci-fi is by no meens completely original, it's the way in which the stories are told and the characters within the show that make it unique.
              TPTB haven't failed in making the Stargate shows into the success that they have become up until now so I don't see why all the pessimists are saying that SGU will be the death of the franchise.
              Everyone just has to have a little faith that Universe won't disappoint them.

As I've said on I think about 3 other threads there has been no actual proof that Universe caused the death of Atlantis, just that TPTB have desided to take a new direction with the franchise.

There's still gonna be the Atlantis movie to look forward to so Atlantis hasn't been totally forgotten and the gate will still be featured in Universe.

In the end it doesn't really matter what side of the fence you are on, whether your optomistic as I am or a pessimist as many others appear to be, only time will tell and those who fear the worst may well be surprised.
              We'll all know soon enough
              Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 23 September 2008, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moao View Post
                I like your sig.

That is a pretty sweet sig

Comment

With Modern Stargate Writers, I am confident it won't be anything like BSG.. However I am glad they have finally decided to bring in Fresh Faces and make the show slightly Darker. I think I might enjoy SGU, Even though I would have loved to see Atlantis continue.
                  I'm gonna miss SG1..
                  Season 10, Simply amazing... Bring on the movies

The ori are going down!!!

Comment

I really hope they don't make it too much darker. Part of what made the other two shows so popular was their ability to laugh in the face of their enemies, especially when inappropriate. (the term "darker" IMO doesn't go with that)

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      Judging from the Universe character descriptions, the producers have just as profound a misunderstanding of what BSG is as most Stargate fans.

Comment

Oh yes, only those blessed with supreme intelligence can understand the genius of Battlestar Galactica! Ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                          SG's idea of dark isn't even close to BSG dark ....not close at all
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                            I don't think TPTB will make it into a carbon copy of BSG, it just sounds to me that there will be similar elements to some of the stories within some episodes of the show.

All modern sci-fi is by no meens completely original, it's the way in which the stories are told and the characters within the show that make it unique.
                            TPTB haven't failed in making the Stargate shows into the success that they have become up until now so I don't see why all the pessimists are saying that SGU will be the death of the franchise.
                            Everyone just has to have a little faith that Universe won't disappoint them.

As I've said on I think about 3 other threads there has been no actual proof that Universe caused the death of Atlantis, just that TPTB have desided to take a new direction with the franchise.

There's still gonna be the Atlantis movie to look forward to so Atlantis hasn't been totally forgotten and the gate will still be featured in Universe.

In the end it doesn't really matter what side of the fence you are on, whether your optomistic as I am or a pessimist as many others appear to be, only time will tell and those who fear the worst may well be surprised.
                            We'll all know soon enough
                            Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

I think Rise Of The Phoenix is right. The way I interpreted the articles I read, Stargate Atlantis was being canceled because it wasn't attracting new viewers. If I'm not mistaken, for the Sci-Fi channel, it isn't enough to have good ratings, you have to draw new viewers thus showing consistent steady growth. Atlantis wasn't doing that so they canceled it. Fortunetaly TPTB pitched Universe and Sci-Fi accepted. So it's very likely that Atlantis would have been canceled regardless of whether or not Universe came along.

I actually think it would be great if SGU became more like BSG, in terms of quality of story telling and style and values. Merlin, what exactly is it about BSG that you don't like?

I interpret the word darker as meaning more realistic. So we might see more realistic responses to the gritty harsh reality of space warfare. For me a space faring version of Black Hawk Down comes to mind.

The Human Element is the element of change. It gives us our footing to stand fearlessly and face the future.
                              -Dow ad

Comment

Working...
                              X