X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW BOOK! - Bird's Fire - Part 1 of the Kitrian Tales

Bird's Fire - Part 1 of the Kitrian Tales

is Available now on iTunes for the iPhone and iPod Touch...

If you're not an iPhone or Touch owner you can also get it here at my blog...

This is my new fantasy serial I'm writing direct to eBook. Please check it out, tell me what you think and if you like it, make a donation to keep me stocked with tea bags while I write more.

Cheers!

John
    Attached Files

I'm curious what people's opinions regarding ebooks is. Any thoughts?

This is a new endeavor for me and I'd really like to know what the level of interest you all might have in ebooks is. Would anyone mind giving me some feedback on this?

cheers,

john

Comment

<mod snip>

Giving people the benefit of the doubt is a good thing.

Hey John, is this your first piece of work? or do you have other stories floating around too?
      Last edited by TameFarrar; 25 September 2008, 09:22 PM. Reason: off topic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
        So what if he has 3 posts? everyone has to start somewhere. and this is the general Scifi and fantasy thread... does not need to be about stargate.

Giving people the benefit of the doubt is a good thing.

Hey John, is this your first piece of work? or do you have other stories floating around too?
        Thanks Alan, you fixed what could have been a really bad experience on these forums for me.

It is my first serious piece of work, and certainly the first time I've ever tried to self publisher. I have lots more work that I've kind of kept to myself. Bird's Fire is my first entry into public you might say.

That being said I have short story that's going to be going up on my blog here in a bit. That I've posted elsewhere but I don't think it's still up anywhere.

Thanks for the interest and the kind words in my defense, Alan. It's pretty hard to drum up interest and enthusiasm so when someone does, like you did...its a nice feeling. Thanks!

I try to update my blog daily or at least every other day so updates'll be there.

Cheers!

John

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake
          I Haven't had a chance to read this yet, but i will when i get home. Although I'm not a big fan of Ebooks myself. I prefer the real book in my hands.

I do like the title though.
          same for me on both accounts, but I'll download it and read. nice to see a fellow published writer on here.

*edit
          or not... my computer can't open PDB files.
          Last edited by naamiaiset; 25 September 2008, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
            same for me on both accounts, but I'll download it and read. nice to see a fellow published writer on here.

*edit
            or not... my computer can't open PDB files.
            sorry if I didn't make it clear....you need the free eReader to read it.

you can get it from ereader.com.

http://www.ereader.com/ereader/software/browse.htm

Cheers!!

john

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake
              I wouldn't be surprised if you ruined this person's experience to posting here in the future.

You're welcome... i just don't like seeing people get beat on for no reason. When you get the short story up... send the link. I'd be more then happy to read it. I'm not really big into fantasy stuff... but i found what you wrote interesting.
              Funny you should say that...I almost didn't post here at all...because from what I've noticed and the experiences some friends of mine on other forums have had gateworld can be a fairly socially violent experience, <mod snip>

You've made me glad I did though, thanks. And thanks to naamiaiset as well.

Glad you liked the story and I'll let you know when the short story goes up.

If you have any thoughts or criticisms about it I'd be keen to hear it too. It'll only make me a better writer.

Cheers!

John
              Last edited by TameFarrar; 25 September 2008, 09:20 PM. Reason: respect all members please report those who don't. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by xelljin View Post
                sorry if I didn't make it clear....you need the free eReader to read it.

you can get it from ereader.com.

http://www.ereader.com/ereader/software/browse.htm

Cheers!!

john
                I must've missed that on your blog before...

Comment

Working...
                X