• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Butterfly Effect (302)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON THREE
    THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 302

Sylar infiltrates the Company and finds Level 5, where the world's most dangerous villains are imprisoned. Hiro and Ando track the speedster thief, and Future Peter runs into more problems after averting a terrible fate. Tracy Strauss pays a visit to Nathan, and makes a shocking discovery about herself.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 09:51 PM.

Please note that this episode aired with #301, "The Second Coming." Please do your best to keep discussion on these episodes separate in the two threads.

Comment

Wow, what an ending. I definitely didn't see that coming. I think this season is going to be really great.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Gonna have to agree with you there, didnt see that coming at all.
        Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
        Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

The ending came as a total surprise. Though, I wonder, how will this news effect the rest of the family clan (doesn't want to give away spoilers yet).
          sigpic

Comment

It was a huge surprise to me. I'm not sure if I like it though - That's like the biggest plot-twist cliche'.

Did Elle die? I don't remember what happened to her at the end of the ep.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Great Ep. Can't wait for the rest of the season. What's up with Nikki (or whatever her name is) though? I can't figure that one out. The only thing I came up with is whoever Peter met that let him switch himself with that thug Jesse, switched Nikki and put someone else (who's memory has been wiped by The Haitian) into her body, hence why she was so surprised by the whole Cryokinesis bit. I guess I'd have to see whether Peter in Jesse's body has Peter's powers or Jesse's. If it's Peter's powers my theory might be correct, if not oh well. The other theory I read online was she was a third sister to Nikki and Jessica, separated at birth. That sounds more logical actually but I'm pulling for my theory. I guess we'll just have 2 wait and see!
              sigpic

Comment

That's an interesting theory about Nikki. I think I'm still reeling from the fact that it was a future Peter that actually shot Nathan. That must've been one very bad future indeed, to lead him to do that.

I'm beginning to get a little confused with all the different possible time lines. Otherwise, a very promising season opener.

And very interested to see what Matt will be doing with this mysterious new hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddhawasanancient View Post
                  The other theory I read online was she was a third sister to Nikki and Jessica, separated at birth. That sounds more logical actually but I'm pulling for my theory. I guess we'll just have 2 wait and see!
                  Either that or the events at the end of season two forced her already-unstable psyche to split yet again, giving her more than just one multiple personality, each with it's own power.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                    "Sacked" by Angela. (Not the first either, apparently)

Well, this has been an awesome start - except Super Manhinder is pushing me a little. Although, he is falling apart - literally - so I wont hold it against him. LOL

Interesting twist at the end. So if Sylar's Mum wasnt Sylar's mum. Who is his dad? I mean we already know Angela did the deed with Kaito (OH GOD! She isn't Hiro's mum too is she??)

Head explosion.

Definitely not Niki, but definitely related somehow. Beit, Jessica didnt "actually" die - or mum and dad divvied up the kids and went about their lives.

Man - I can't wait another week
                    : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                    : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post

Spoiler:
                      She was with Angela Petrelli at the end of the ep. Petrelli basically 'fired' her from the Company, and told her to go find a new life.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelSandar View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        She was with Angela Petrelli at the end of the ep. Petrelli basically 'fired' her from the Company, and told her to go find a new life.
                        Hey Michael. Save you some time next time - you don't need the spoiler tags in the discussion threads. People don't usually come in here unless they have seen it - or actually want to be spoiled like a three week old trifle.

They still use them in here on caps though because they can cause blow out.

Welcome to Gateworld, btw
                        : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                        : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld View Post
                          Please note that this episode aired with #301, "The Second Coming." Please do your best to keep discussion on these episodes separate in the two threads.
                          What if we can't remember what happened in which ep because it is all a lovely Hero-colored blur in our vapid blonde heads?

Since I can't seem to keep things separate (sorry!) I decided it was the lesser of two evils to post for both in the second ep... I hope!

My favorite scene had to be when Sylar was rootling (the only word I could think of to describe it) around in Claire's brain and she asked if he was going to eat it and he replied, "That's DISGUSTING, Claire!" ...apparently even crazy psycho superpowered serial killers have standards! Tee hee!

The Nathan/God thing is probably going to get on my last nerve, but I love that he is hallucinating Linderman. Why Linderman?! Not that I have a problem with it, just wondering why.

I like dark future Peter a lot better than useless emo Peter, hope future Peter gets to stick around a while and that emo Peter grows the heck up while he is stuck inside that bad guy Jesse (and what is his mysterious power, anyway?!). I also hope we don't get too many scenes between Peter & Claire because the ick factor is much too high. He's her frickin' uncle! What is this, 1800s West Virginia? Ancient Egypt? Yuck!

Did future Ando have a power or was he using a gadget when he threw that electricity at Hiro and killed him? Was it really Ando or was it a shapechanger? If it was a shapechanger it had to be someone like Peter or Sylar, someone with more than one power. I can't see Ando turning against Hiro at all, but it will be fun to find out what led up to that point.

I like the darker (and buffer, yum!) Mohinder. I was getting a little tired of sissy boy Mohinder, he needed a good shake-up. Although, the thing with Maya was more creepy than sexy.

Fake Niki (what's her name again?) has the coolest power, I didn't see that mansicle freeze thing coming at all, but loved the effects! Too bad we can't have that happen to more paparazzi, the world would be a better place.

And, finally, what is up with Mama Petrelli?! She is one cold-hearted you-know-what, isn't she?! Was she really messing with Sylar to brainwash him or is she really his mother? I mean, he has the same dark good looks as her other children and the same dangerous dark side, only he has let his dark side out to play in a big way, unlike her two "disappointing" sons.

Comment

Originally posted by unowhoandwhy View Post
                            What if we can't remember what happened in which ep because it is all a lovely Hero-colored blur in our vapid blonde heads?
                            Ditto lol

Great openener I love it! Best part: Future Peter! So happy to see him, future version or not, finally having control over his powers! Awesome stuff!

And wow what a shocker that Peter shot his own brother. Did not see that one coming.

The Nathan/God thing is probably going to get on my last nerve, but I love that he is hallucinating Linderman. Why Linderman?! Not that I have a problem with it, just wondering why.
                            Oh yeah the whole Nathan the Prophet thing was just too much for me. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at it, I really hope they will drop that one fast. Please

Did future Ando have a power or was he using a gadget when he threw that electricity at Hiro and killed him? Was it really Ando or was it a shapechanger? If it was a shapechanger it had to be someone like Peter or Sylar, someone with more than one power. I can't see Ando turning against Hiro at all, but it will be fun to find out what led up to that point.
                            I was thinking of that one too. And it looked like Ando held something in his hand that he shocked Hiro with. And I don't think he betrayed him, Ando said "You got it all wrong" or something to that affect , so I think it's a matter of both thinking they are doing the right thing but ended up on the opposite sides somehow...

I like the darker (and buffer, yum!) Mohinder. I was getting a little tired of sissy boy Mohinder, he needed a good shake-up. Although, the thing with Maya was more creepy than sexy.
                            Uh huh totally agree!

And LOL yeah

Fake Niki (what's her name again?) has the coolest power, I didn't see that mansicle freeze thing coming at all, but loved the effects! Too bad we can't have that happen to more paparazzi, the world would be a better place.
                            Agreed! It's Jessica btw. Would have been nice if all paparazzis could end up like that indeed

Speaking of effects, I loved the faster then... time? effect. Really cool

And, finally, what is up with Mama Petrelli?! She is one cold-hearted you-know-what, isn't she?! Was she really messing with Sylar to brainwash him or is she really his mother? I mean, he has the same dark good looks as her other children and the same dangerous dark side, only he has let his dark side out to play in a big way, unlike her two "disappointing" sons.
                            Totally agree again, I wanted to say hey go drown yourself please... who needs enemies when u got a mum like that? I havent read many spoilers tho, but I've heard so many rumours for quite a while now that they were brothers with Sylar, so I think maybe she was telling the truth? Don't mind that they are
                            Last edited by Ronja; 23 September 2008, 10:03 AM. Reason: can't spell

Comment

What's up with Nikki (or whatever her name is) though? I can't figure that one out. The only thing I came up with is whoever Peter met that let him switch himself with that thug Jesse, switched Nikki and put someone else (who's memory has been wiped by The Haitian) into her body, hence why she was so surprised by the whole Cryokinesis bit.
                              You are assuming Peter had someone switch bodies. Could it not have been something that the Future Peter done?

I guess I'd have to see whether Peter in Jesse's body has Peter's powers or Jesse's. If it's Peter's powers my theory might be correct, if not oh well. The other theory I read online was she was a third sister to Nikki and Jessica, separated at birth.
                              Getting confusing now haha.

If this Tracy is another long-lost sister, that would make four wouldn't it? There was also the other one just before DL got shot. Can't remember her name.

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
                              Interesting twist at the end. So if Sylar's Mum wasnt Sylar's mum. Who is his dad? I mean we already know Angela did the deed with Kaito (OH GOD! She isn't Hiro's mum too is she??)
                              I doubt that Hiro is Angela's son. Not to sound rasist or anything, but if Angela and Kaito had Hiro, I'd have thought he'd look a little less Japaniese.

I don't think he is hallucinating. It just doesn't make sense. All seems a little too conveniant.

Originally posted by Ronja View Post
                              I was thinking of that one too. And it looked like Ando held something in his hand that he shocked Hiro with. And I don't think he betrayed him, Ando said "You got it all wrong" or something to that affect , so I think it's a matter of both thinking they are doing the right thing but ended up on the opposite sides somehow...
                              I'd like to think that Ando 'acquires' that power. And I'm also in favour of saying it was actually him, opposed to some shapeshifter.

I think she really is his Mother. It works quite well as a story plot, and wouldn't surprise me. Another one of her flings, gee, she got around a bit.
                              sigpic
                              It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Working...
                              X