This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about bob?

whatever happened to the fellow who used to play all the male wraith? He hasn't been seen since Allies (I think).

james lafazanos, here's what he said in an interview:
    The Scifi World:
    You quit after the first episodes of the second season of Atlantis, and now, you're back, can you explain what happened?

James Lafazanos:
    Well, I did quit halfway through season 2 because I felt undervalued, I guess they tried someone else, but it didn't work, so they call me back, and they made me a better offer basically.

The Scifi World: It's okay for you?

James Lafazanos: For now, it's okay, we'll see what happens next.

http://www.thescifiworld.net/intervi...fazanos_01.htm

Comment

*Can't find any Wraith episodes in season 2 that included another Wraith*

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Now we know...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shaod View Post
          Now we know...
          And knowing is half the battle! G.I.JOE!
          ...Stargate is not about the angry nerd.

-David Hewlett,
          Gateworld Podcast Episode #8

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
            *Can't find any Wraith episodes in season 2 that included another Wraith*

Uh...Michael, perhaps??

James was great. I still say Steve is the single best Wraith performance to date...based just on his facial expressions and overall attitude. He was glorious in PtW. Now - Chris (Todd) did fantastic in both Common Ground and The Queen, but it was a different sort of performance. His work in The Queen rivals Steve's scenes in PtW, but I still have to give the nod to James/Steve, simply because he did so much with so little to work with.

das
            sigpic

Comment

Exactly, James gave life to the male Wraith with his Steve performance. Even his performances as Bob right up until Eric in "Allies"

LS

Comment

'Michael' was written FOR Connor Trinneer... Not for James Lafazanos.

Just like Todd was written for someone else, not James Lafazanos...

There is almost no other Wraith appearing when James said he quit, and then came back.

James was probably always meant to be the Wraith that quickly died, not the one to act more than his role as Steve.

Well, das, it surprises me that you think Steve was better than Todd...

Comment

Not 'better' as in overall character - I'm just saying that Steve's short cell scenes were PERFECT, in every way. Every expression...every word...every look...it was just a perfect performance, all the way round. You have to take into consideration the limitations given to James as an actor in those scenes - he had no 'props', no real room to move - only a small cell and a bench. And yet he managed to convey so many different emotions...so many different expressions. From his sexy pout to his hissy fit to the almost perverse leer he gives his 'food' as he checks him out for the first time. It was truly an amazing performance - not a single flaw.

Both Shawn and Erik were excellent, too. Bob's part was too short, but I still loved it, and Greg - well, that was (IMHO) just a 'fun' character. James did so well with each Wraith role he was given - he made each unique (more so than even Andee has), and gave each a LOT of character in the short amount of time he was given.

Now, Todd (and Chris) have something different to work with. Todd's been allowed development, and that alone makes him a 'better' overall character because he's been fleshed out more. And Chris is a different sort of actor - he does something different with Todd than James did with his Wraith. No matter how James handled his characters, there was this raw sexuality about them all...I can't explain it any better than that. James' Wraith were all very lustful Wraith, and no matter how he changed them, there was this underlying sensuality about them all.

But Todd, as performed by Chris, doesn't have this same sort of open lustfulness. Todd - to me - comes across as strong, intelligent, and - above all - in control. He's not 'given to lust', but instead he exhibits restraint, self-control, patience. THIS is extremely sexy because, though you DO sense his masculinity and sexuality, he's not so apt to show it. The Queen spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  Remember when he looked at Teyla and told her the primary liked her? Well...that made us all weak in the knees because it was probably the first time we've seen this side of Todd...and it nearly killed us! Chris was saving that up, just to totally slay us, I'm sure!

So, though Steve's performance was perfect all the way around given what James had to work with (parts of 2 episodes, mostly spent in a cell), Todd's character development is the better because it's been given time, and slowly we are seeing new layers to the character, and loving him more and more.

So, my lusty side leans towards Steve, while at the same time I'm totally in love with Todd. Two different feelings, based on two totally different characters. I really can't begin to choose one over the other...and now we have that stinkin' Tyler-Wraith in the mix, and I find myself drawn to him, too.

I's fickle.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

'Michael' was written FOR Connor Trinneer... Not for James Lafazanos.

Just like Todd was written for someone else, not James Lafazanos...

There is almost no other Wraith appearing when James said he quit, and then came back.

James was probably always meant to be the Wraith that quickly died, not the one to act more than his role as Steve.

The Wraith pilot in Duet and the male Wraith in instinct were not played by James Lafazanos. And some of the Wraith in The Siege and The Gift were not played by James either.

And actually, Connor Trineer plays the Wraith post transformation. The Wraith he sees in the mirror, which we're assuming was him pre-transformation, was played by James.
                    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Since I'm a Michael fan, you can assume I indeed know about James playing full!Wraith!Michael, yup.

And you can't really say that the Wraith in Duet (only tried to push a button) and Instinct (jump and get your neck twisted) were really James-worthy... It would have been kinda stupid to have expected him to undergo hours of putting make-up on his face, just for a single flash that in case of Instinct was probably taken over by a stunt man after said flash, if not also before, because I think he jumped or something.

You can't expect that, when there's a few Wraith around, James can play them all, he got the fleshed out versions. Or Bob, in this case. He might still have played a few random ones, but that I don't know upside down.

I'm just trying to say that the quote in that interview seems a bit funny to me as I can't recall another Wraith with actual text, let's put it like that, in the time span he gave us.

Comment

I wonder what he's doing these days. I've got a google alert for him but there's never any news.
                        sigpic

Comment

It would have been nice if they could get James back for at least one more episode before the end of the series.

And it would be nice again to see Andee before the end of the series as well.
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                          X