PDA

View Full Version : SGU:worlds! human or alien?

lommit
September 22nd, 2008, 06:06 AM
well i hope that when i see these different galaxies or planets, i
wish it will be more aliens on them, not so much humans!.
maybe some gadmeers, or the retu.
how cool would'd it be if there was a planet that the acients didnt have anything to do with when it comes to seeding life, a sorte of bug creature or something,,

what do you guys think??

Anda
September 22nd, 2008, 06:10 AM
I think that will be nice to be humans and new races of aliens and new alies.That will be very cool

hamatau'ri
September 22nd, 2008, 06:56 AM
how cool would'd it be if there was a planet that the ancients didnt have anything to do with when it comes to seeding life, a sorte of bug creature or something,,

what do you guys think??

I agree- they've made a vital mistake in making the Ancients seem like Gods - i mena it seems that they are responsible for everything (if they are responsible for the Goa'uld the things I'd do...) but, interesting idea. Hopefully they won't go down the road of Star Trek with all those Prosthetics! It'd be too Doctor Who like. Stargate is all 'bout humanoids and such.

lommit
September 22nd, 2008, 07:25 AM
i dont remember the episode name but, when Sam and a other alien does a space race.
i would like to see more of these kinda citys.it seems that they evolved pretty nice, i would like to learn more about that kinda stuff...

maybe there was a other race that may be seeding life, just not the acients.

jelgate
September 22nd, 2008, 07:39 AM
That episodes happens to be called Space Race:P

Acolyte Of Bli'l'ab
September 22nd, 2008, 08:46 AM
I dont want to see anything even resembling a humanoid, personally.

Mister Oragahn
September 22nd, 2008, 08:57 AM
Logically, how could there even be anything remotely close to an humanoid in those regions of space?

The ship is like the pioneer ship sent by the Alterans. There won't be any safe excuse to pretend that they seeded life in a whole galaxy, supervised many worlds and some of them had humanoid branches evolve differently. Nope, it won't work.

Yes, you get it, this will be a bottle show, because there should be no human alien. This means greater budget spent on convincing totally foreign lifeforms, possibly very evolved considering the show's premise, and thus limiting the interactions.

Browncoat1984
September 22nd, 2008, 01:26 PM
I would love to see SGU have Farscape-esque aliens. I mean, REALLY alien aliens, stuff that makes you go "that's not normal." The only problem with it is that its more expensive than regular humans, I have a feeling that's what we'll get, but It'd still be nice to see some really crazy aliens. That would really make SGU stand out over Atlantis and SG-1.

I_haz_a_Cookie
September 22nd, 2008, 01:35 PM
I would love to see SGU have Farscape-esque aliens. I mean, REALLY alien aliens, stuff that makes you go "that's not normal." The only problem with it is that its more expensive than regular humans, I have a feeling that's what we'll get, but It'd still be nice to see some really crazy aliens. That would really make SGU stand out over Atlantis and SG-1.

hell im all for cool looking aliens i even settle for cutting maybe to 15 episodes per season to see cooler aliens, and maybe bigger space battles and what not

ASAKATA
September 22nd, 2008, 02:20 PM
hell im all for cool looking aliens i even settle for cutting maybe to 15 episodes per season to see cooler aliens, and maybe bigger space battles and what not

yes please!!

Xylian
September 22nd, 2008, 02:40 PM

Cool looking aliens, yes. And yes, like those of Farscape. That would be ideal. Bigger space battles, ummm... not so much. I'm mean if they can't control where the ship goes, how will there be any? Unless they meet up with an advanced race with starships then that race and the SGU team could team up and fight the enemy. However, I still think that space combat should be seldomly used or it will be a Star Trek rip off... and Star Wars rip off too.

jenks
September 22nd, 2008, 02:55 PM
I think a lot will depend on if they actually got that larger budget that they were asking for...

Sameera
September 22nd, 2008, 03:07 PM
I agree that I would enjoy seeing some truly exotic aliens.

I understand that this is a show and that it is rather expensive to get really good looking aliens who aren't humanoid (two arms, two legs, walks upright, has a head) but I certainly hope they at least give us some.

I do expect that we will have a lot of humanoids though, it saves money and time. So in this respect I am hoping they do a little more than just give them a change of clothes, stamp a mark on their forehead and put an X on their stomach and call them alien. If they must have humanoids then I would like to see something more on the order of D'argo on Farscape. That show also did a fair job of using puppets as normal cast, the most versatile of which was Rygel.

I'm not going to say that it doesn't make any sense for there to be humanoids in other parts of the universe. Quite frankly we have no idea what is out there. More than a few scientists seem to feel that the basic form that we have is very beneficial for an intelligent being and it is quite possible that another entirely separate species (or many for that matter) could evolve to have similar characteristics. What would not make any sense is for there to be humans that far out.

I do find myself wondering if we will finally meet the furlings or if we will meet another branch of the asgard in SGU. We don't really know what happened to the furlings so anything they say there would sort of fit. The asgard wouldn't be as easy but we do know that they have been around for a pretty long time and that prior to their experimentation with their DNA they did travel to different galaxies. We know this because the asgard body in statis that SG1 helped rescue was said to be from a time prior to their genetic manipulations and that was found in the MW galaxy while the asgard came from the Ida galaxy. It would stand to reason that they may have branched out into other galaxies around the same time, became separated and took a slightly different evolutionary path. Might be a nice tie in to the previous shows and we could see a different sort of asgard, maybe what they were supposed to look like if they did not have to resort to cloning and go through genetic manipulation.

Well it is a new setting and they have plenty of opportunity to surprise us with different life forms. I can only say that I hope that we are pleasantly surprised, that a part of this supposedly larger budget is going to go to give us something a little different than the average aliens we have seen in the past.

Mister Oragahn
September 22nd, 2008, 03:37 PM

Didn't one of the heads of SG say he disliked the Farscape puppets?

Mister Oragahn
September 22nd, 2008, 03:40 PM
I think a lot will depend on if they actually got that larger budget that they were asking for...

Can't wait for the universal forest and medieval sets.

:rolleyes:

jjmulli
September 22nd, 2008, 03:56 PM
I see that I'm in the minority here, but the one thing I like about stargate is the lack of alien-y aliens. I think that Farscape would have been much better if it were more along the same lines as the stargate franchise. It always seems like a good idea but I've never seen it pulled off in a way that didn't distract from the show - It always ends up corny - or even silly. Either way I am definately going to watch - and I'm PRAYING that it has the quality and creative integrity that we've been enjoying for so many years!

Buck32
September 22nd, 2008, 04:19 PM
I agree it would be great if there more outlandish Aliens in SGU, even non humans, but i don't see it happening, at least not every week, it would be too expensive and let's face it far too imaginative of the show runners/writers. let's face it as long as there's Ancients who were the first humans, there will be no shortage of human "Aliens".

Jangles
September 22nd, 2008, 05:36 PM
If they bring in humans into SGU they will have to say that the ship seeding gates will have been seeding humans as well but even then that doesn't make much sense as the ship has been seeding gates for millions of years right? That means the humans would have been evolving for millions of years and would be non-human humans.....which doesn't sound too bad. They could still have the human form but evolved to fit their surroundings. Or mated with aliens already present on those worlds to make alien/human hybrids.

The only thing I don't see a way of getting around is alien language. Star Trek has the universal translator but Stargate doesn't. That is the only thing that has bothered me in the show, especialy with Atlantis. 10,000 years is longer than any modern language has been around.

Or maybe they put UTs in our TVs now.

akren
September 22nd, 2008, 07:13 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing some Human-population worlds with 'alien' cultures on them - it would be interesting to see how Humanity/the Ancients got that far out to set up such cultures in the first place :P - but I for one am hoping for some more very different & truely alien cultures/species/races to be encountered in SGU (this seems to make perfect sense to me, as the not even the Ancients susposedly explored this far out into the infite universe).

It will also be interesting to see how the 9th chevron plays a role in SGU & how the different gate systems in different galaxies all dial into, & connect with one another; & how long-term alien enemies & allioes far if the Destiny's schedule cannot be controlled or stopped.

Miroslav
September 23rd, 2008, 01:25 AM
I expect Rygel as recurring character. :D

Prior_of_the_Ori
September 23rd, 2008, 06:58 AM
I expect Rygel as recurring character. :D

Thats Dominar Rigel to you :p

Anyway, I think really they should introduce maybe one or two major alien races that are somewhat different yet manageable for regular appearances and have the crew of the Destiny meet them on occassion.

lommit
September 25th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Thats Dominar Rigel to you :p

Anyway, I think really they should introduce maybe one or two major alien races that are somewhat different yet manageable for regular appearances and have the crew of the Destiny meet them on occassion.

yeah that would be really nice, if there were some they could meet , give thme hints and clues maybe.

i would really like to see a bug creature alien, like micheals soldiers.
one thing that would have made a really cool story idea, if the SGU team brings a virus or sickness that isnt normal in that part of space, so it causes a mutantion ;)

maybe energy life forms that we have seen before. that would be something cool....
(cold lazaurs) those crystal things,

JackHarkness_Hot
September 25th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I for one, am not a massive fan of exotic-looking aliens. (That's what Star Trek is for), I actually prefer more humans with alien cultures and beliefs. Though a 50:50 human:alien ratio would be quite nice, nah, a 60:40 ratio would be nicer.

ha'tak_
September 25th, 2008, 10:03 AM
how cool would'd it be if there was a planet that the acients didnt have anything to do with when it comes to seeding life, a sorte of bug creature or something,,

what do you guys think??

i whould be supprixze to even see a human there becouse only humans in MW where from earth and the only ones in Pegasus where from the ancient so i dont think we wil see mouch of humans there

Shpinxinator
September 25th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I personally think they should contact Jim Henson's Creature Shop to come up with something crazylike

GhostPoet
September 25th, 2008, 11:23 AM
I want plant people!!

Shpinxinator
September 25th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I want plant people!!

....walk like plant...talk like people?

Then why not Crab People??

atlantean84
September 25th, 2008, 11:39 AM
plant people, you mean dryads, check the mithology for once! WE WILL SEE FURLINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shpinxinator
September 25th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Heck...why not get some Ents up in there?

For that matter why not work our way up to The Lord of the Gate

Where the valiant SG team defends the Destiny from Orc and Goblin hordes

ha'tak_
September 25th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Heck...why not get some Ents up in there?

For that matter why not work our way up to The Lord of the Gate

Where the valiant SG team defends the Destiny from Orc and Goblin hordes

jeee that is a good idea hehe

lommit
September 26th, 2008, 07:39 AM
maybe they discover a portal that brings them to middle earth!!

stargatefan234
September 26th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Alien, but not alien as in gadmeer, alien as in klingon (ie a actor in prostetics)

ha'tak_
September 26th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Alien, but not alien as in gadmeer, alien as in klingon (ie a actor in prostetics)

true and serrikans in space race season 7 sg-1

jenks
September 26th, 2008, 12:59 PM
The Serrakins were terrible imo, probably the worst aliens they've ever made. ****ing Niles Crane in his Halloween costume! I'd rather there were no aliens at all than copy Trek's takes on alien lifeforms.

ha'tak_
September 26th, 2008, 05:00 PM
The Serrakins were terrible imo, probably the worst aliens they've ever made. ****ing Niles Crane in his Halloween costume! I'd rather there were no aliens at all than copy Trek's takes on alien lifeforms.

i thougt the where kinda cool, thy were one of few real aliens in stargate like that

Replicator Fifth
September 26th, 2008, 05:56 PM
wow... if half your speculations are true I am going huddle in a corner and cry... I probably won't watch SGU after all... :zelenka26:

Platschu
September 27th, 2008, 04:27 AM
I vote for alien worlds. Here is a concept art from SG:W game:
http://gateworld.net/videogames/images/stargate_worlds_06.jpg.shtml
http://gateworld.net/videogames/images/stargate_worlds_25.jpg.shtml

Here was a cool thread about scifi landscapes:
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=37069&highlight=worlds

I wish we could see such planets in the live-action series Universe too. :)

MechaThor
September 27th, 2008, 05:43 AM
I for one, am not a massive fan of exotic-looking aliens. (That's what Star Trek is for), I actually prefer more humans with alien cultures and beliefs. Though a 50:50 human:alien ratio would be quite nice, nah, a 60:40 ratio would be nicer.

Are you joking? Star Trek Aliens sucked. They where just Humans with pointed ears or little marks on their chins. Even the Klingon's where just Humans with funny foreheads.

Personally I want to see lots of great looking Aliens in SGU. Shows like Dr Who and Farscape show they can be done really well. Especially Farscape which not only had amazing looking and believable Aliens, but also had them leading the show and providing very in depth and life like personalities. Even the Puppets in Farscape like Rygel, had more personality than some of the Stargate Leads.

I am hoping this bigger budget will be used on creating some alien life, and maybe even some Asgard style puppets?

LoneStar1836
September 27th, 2008, 02:22 PM
If they are not going to go out and hire the Jim Henson Co. to create their aliens, then forget it. Humans all the way because otherwise the aliens (with the exception of the Asgard) on Stargate have been pretty terrible, imo.

Good aliens cost money...lots of money...money which I doubt Skiffy and MGM are willing to put out.

The Henson aliens on Farscape were top notch, but the show was very expensive and that lead to the show's ultimate demise and premature cancellation. :mckay:

Give me a fifth season of Farscape over this dren that SGU is shaping up to be if they are going to really expend that kind of money.

the fifth man
September 27th, 2008, 05:56 PM
On Universe, I would like to see some of both types. They should visit human and alien worlds.

igor108367
September 27th, 2008, 08:48 PM
I hope to see giant robots figthing on earth. It;s something i have never seen in a tv series.