X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU:worlds! human or alien?

well i hope that when i see these different galaxies or planets, i
    wish it will be more aliens on them, not so much humans!.
    maybe some gadmeers, or the retu.
    how cool would'd it be if there was a planet that the acients didnt have anything to do with when it comes to seeding life, a sorte of bug creature or something,,

what do you guys think??
    now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

I think that will be nice to be humans and new races of aliens and new alies.That will be very cool

Comment

Originally posted by lommit View Post
      well i hope that when i see these different galaxies or planets, i
      wish it will be more aliens on them, not so much humans!.
      maybe some gadmeers, or the retu.
      how cool would'd it be if there was a planet that the ancients didnt have anything to do with when it comes to seeding life, a sorte of bug creature or something,,

what do you guys think??
      I agree- they've made a vital mistake in making the Ancients seem like Gods - i mena it seems that they are responsible for everything (if they are responsible for the Goa'uld the things I'd do...) but, interesting idea. Hopefully they won't go down the road of Star Trek with all those Prosthetics! It'd be too Doctor Who like. Stargate is all 'bout humanoids and such.

Comment

i dont remember the episode name but, when Sam and a other alien does a space race.
        i would like to see more of these kinda citys.it seems that they evolved pretty nice, i would like to learn more about that kinda stuff...

maybe there was a other race that may be seeding life, just not the acients.
        now my brothers in arms,, i stand before you now, like our for father did in the heed of battel,let us take the steel and our honor to victory

Comment

That episodes happens to be called Space Race
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I dont want to see anything even resembling a humanoid, personally.
            Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
            Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Logically, how could there even be anything remotely close to an humanoid in those regions of space?

The ship is like the pioneer ship sent by the Alterans. There won't be any safe excuse to pretend that they seeded life in a whole galaxy, supervised many worlds and some of them had humanoid branches evolve differently. Nope, it won't work.

Yes, you get it, this will be a bottle show, because there should be no human alien. This means greater budget spent on convincing totally foreign lifeforms, possibly very evolved considering the show's premise, and thus limiting the interactions.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I would love to see SGU have Farscape-esque aliens. I mean, REALLY alien aliens, stuff that makes you go "that's not normal." The only problem with it is that its more expensive than regular humans, I have a feeling that's what we'll get, but It'd still be nice to see some really crazy aliens. That would really make SGU stand out over Atlantis and SG-1.
                That is just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                  I would love to see SGU have Farscape-esque aliens. I mean, REALLY alien aliens, stuff that makes you go "that's not normal." The only problem with it is that its more expensive than regular humans, I have a feeling that's what we'll get, but It'd still be nice to see some really crazy aliens. That would really make SGU stand out over Atlantis and SG-1.
                  hell im all for cool looking aliens i even settle for cutting maybe to 15 episodes per season to see cooler aliens, and maybe bigger space battles and what not

Comment

Originally posted by i_haz_a_cookie View Post
                    hell im all for cool looking aliens i even settle for cutting maybe to 15 episodes per season to see cooler aliens, and maybe bigger space battles and what not
                    yes please!!
                    "I didnt see you in church last sunday, were you there?"
                    "Yes, I was there."
                    "Oi, I didn't see you, I was juss worry apout you"
                    "Is dat your chob?! You sit and coun da beople in the churg and not in da churg"
                    "No I was chus wondring"
                    "Maybe if I win the Lotto Ill make heaps of money and puy you a life"

Comment

Originally posted by I_haz_a_Cookie View Post
                      Cool looking aliens, yes. And yes, like those of Farscape. That would be ideal. Bigger space battles, ummm... not so much. I'm mean if they can't control where the ship goes, how will there be any? Unless they meet up with an advanced race with starships then that race and the SGU team could team up and fight the enemy. However, I still think that space combat should be seldomly used or it will be a Star Trek rip off... and Star Wars rip off too.
                      Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

Comment

I think a lot will depend on if they actually got that larger budget that they were asking for...

Comment

I agree that I would enjoy seeing some truly exotic aliens.

I understand that this is a show and that it is rather expensive to get really good looking aliens who aren't humanoid (two arms, two legs, walks upright, has a head) but I certainly hope they at least give us some.

I do expect that we will have a lot of humanoids though, it saves money and time. So in this respect I am hoping they do a little more than just give them a change of clothes, stamp a mark on their forehead and put an X on their stomach and call them alien. If they must have humanoids then I would like to see something more on the order of D'argo on Farscape. That show also did a fair job of using puppets as normal cast, the most versatile of which was Rygel.

I'm not going to say that it doesn't make any sense for there to be humanoids in other parts of the universe. Quite frankly we have no idea what is out there. More than a few scientists seem to feel that the basic form that we have is very beneficial for an intelligent being and it is quite possible that another entirely separate species (or many for that matter) could evolve to have similar characteristics. What would not make any sense is for there to be humans that far out.

I do find myself wondering if we will finally meet the furlings or if we will meet another branch of the asgard in SGU. We don't really know what happened to the furlings so anything they say there would sort of fit. The asgard wouldn't be as easy but we do know that they have been around for a pretty long time and that prior to their experimentation with their DNA they did travel to different galaxies. We know this because the asgard body in statis that SG1 helped rescue was said to be from a time prior to their genetic manipulations and that was found in the MW galaxy while the asgard came from the Ida galaxy. It would stand to reason that they may have branched out into other galaxies around the same time, became separated and took a slightly different evolutionary path. Might be a nice tie in to the previous shows and we could see a different sort of asgard, maybe what they were supposed to look like if they did not have to resort to cloning and go through genetic manipulation.

Well it is a new setting and they have plenty of opportunity to surprise us with different life forms. I can only say that I hope that we are pleasantly surprised, that a part of this supposedly larger budget is going to go to give us something a little different than the average aliens we have seen in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
                            Didn't one of the heads of SG say he disliked the Farscape puppets?
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              I think a lot will depend on if they actually got that larger budget that they were asking for...
                              Can't wait for the universal forest and medieval sets.

Comment

Working...
                              X