X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith hyper drive question

Hi All -

I was wondering if someone could help me answer a question about SGA. I know it takes about three weeks to travel between Atlantis and Earth; I also know the Wraith hyperdrive technology is not even close to that of what SGC is utilizing currently with the help of the Asgard.

However, I am curious if anyone out there is aware of any references in any of the SG-1, SGA, or any SG novels to the Wraith hyperdrive technology. Specifically, any one have any idea on how long it would take Wraith to travel to Earth with their current hyperdrive technology?

If it is some five years or so, right about now would be a good time for Wraith to reach Earth and we can have an SGA movie with Wraith attacking Earth with Jaffa and Tok'ra allying with Earth to assist...

Jaffa and Tok'ra? Why? We have Daedalus, Odyssey and Apollo. And who knows which other ships until then. My guess is we could help them if they need assistance unless the Wraith attack with 30 or 40 ships....
    Sam: "You can´t be serious!"
    Jack: "What?"
    Daniel: "It´s the only way!"
    Jack: "What?"
    Sam: "Now, we agreed...!"
    Jack: "If I have to say "WHAT?" one more time, heads are gonna roll!"
    - - - - -
    Knight Rider S01E11
    KITT: Sarah, our father is dead.
    - - - - -
    Eureka S03E12
    Bismarck: This is madness.
    Fargo: This is Eureka!

Comment

Er, wasn't it like hundreds of years, or something?

I don't know for sure...

I have some novels, freshly bought, but had no time yet to read them.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

A couple of hundred years in wraith terms isnt that much, have a big feast, goto sleep and have a quick trip over..

Comment

I haven't seen any reference in any of the Fandemonium novels I've read yet, but I think it wouldn't be that long. They made it to the void in "Allies" from Atlantis, which is deep inside Pegasus, and that didn't take long. And Earth is on the very edge of the Mily Way. Not as fast as an Asgard Hyperdrive, no, especially cause they have to stop and regenerate the ships after so long from the radiation. But they would reach Earth in a reasonable time period.

Comment

Since it takes them weeks to travel a few thousand lightyears, and according to Wikipedia, the distance between Pegasus and the Milky way is about 2 million LY, that means it would take a Wraith Hive a few decades to reach the Milky way.

In Wraith terms that might not seem like long but you have to keep in mind that they can't hibernate in flight because they'd need to monitor their ship in-case it was attacked and maintenance and stuff (dropping the ship out, letting it heal and then proceeding.)

We don't know if these jumps can be automated or not but I'd lean towards the "not" because in Siege the Wraith seemed to have to actually pilot the ship instead of using an automated system.
            Brian J. Smith Thunk Thread - New SGU Hottie
            Zachary Quinto Thunk Thread - Sexy/Scary Sylar

Comment

OK great... Thanks for the responses, fellas... It looks like my SGA movie idea with Wraith attacking on Earth with a big fleet and hence causing the revelation of SG to the whole population etc etc etc went down the drain Regarding Jaffa and Tok'ra, I had thought it would just be cool to see them again...

anyhow, thanks again for the responses...

Comment

It doesn't really matter how long it takes to get to the milkyway from pegasus, at least to the wraith. All the wraith would have to do is stock up on a few humans, and put the majority of their army in hibernation. They only need a few wraith to pilot the ship and make repairs. And as soon as they get to the milkyway just cull some random planet, and then head for earth.

But I don't think the wraith quite know where the milkyway is. So no human buffet for the poor little wraith.

I mean just look at them they're sooo hungry

Comment

In the SGA episode allies the only reason why they made it so far in such a short time was because they were able to upgrade their hyperdrives by using the information they stole from atlantis. Most of you should know what they stole.
                  But just incase they stole the Aurora Mission Reports and the location of every planet in atlantis's database.
                  Thats why they made it so far and from another episode that i've seen it was mentioned that it would take teh wraith something like 1000 years to reach earth. but a wraiths life span is 10,000 years so it wouldn't be that hard for them to do it.

Congrats to the person who said that the wraith don't know were earth is you are a true stargate fan. No one else even mention that.

Comment

DF2020 they made it to the void between the MW and the PG b/c their hyperdrive was modified after they uploaded data from the Atlantis database (by worm-like computer virus) and took 2 pieces of info. the Aurora mission and the location of every planet in the database (including Earth).

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis82 View Post
                      DF2020 they made it to the void between the MW and the PG b/c their hyperdrive was modified after they uploaded data from the Atlantis database (by worm-like computer virus) and took 2 pieces of info. the Aurora mission and the location of every planet in the database (including Earth).
                      And as far as I know they were the only two to know the location of Earth anyway.
                      You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Originally posted by Trig View Post
                        A couple of hundred years in wraith terms isnt that much, have a big feast, goto sleep and have a quick trip over..
                        As of right now, it doesn't look like any of them know which galaxy Earth is located in and even if they did, an extended Sojourn while hibernated is a bad idea for two reasons. One, it gives Earth a chance to build up their fleet while the Wraith remain with the exact number of ships they left with. Unless the galaxy goes to war before their arrival and Earth takes heavy losses as a result, the effort required to destroy them won't be all that much (the Wraith would have a hard enough time as things currently stand - if they reached the Milky Way tomorrow with every ship they have, it's unlikely that they'd be able to win out against the resistance they'd meet).

Two, it gives Earth a chance to utilize years of hit and run tactics. They're going to find out a large fleet of Wraith ships are on their way to the Milky Way one way or another and once that happens, Earth has plenty of time to either devise a way to destroy them all at once (assuming the Wraith fleet is united, otherwise they can devise ways to destroy smaller fleets all at once) or launch straight-forward attacks at them everytime they drop out of hyperspace to rest. With not many being able to stay awake to constantly guard against attacks, they won't be at their peek and will take a lot of losses along the way. Earth may suffer some of their own losses, but by the time the Wraith reach the Milky Way they'll be a shadow of what they left with and Earth will have had time to not only replace the ships they lost with news, but to prepare the defenses of both Earth and the entire galaxy.

Comment

Well...

Spoiler:
                          Todd and the Wraith under his command take control of the Daedalus in the midseason two parter, so they will have access to some information regarding Earth's advanced technology, including hyperdrives. Todd may not be the one to lead an armada to Earth, but the information could fall out of his hands again like with the Midway Station, and we all know how that went down...

Comment

A few well placed Hatak's would certainly slow them down enough to make them think about their tactics. And if we could get it least one of the "toilet bowls" then would help the MW's defense as well.
                            http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFox2020 View Post
                              I haven't seen any reference in any of the Fandemonium novels I've read yet, but I think it wouldn't be that long. They made it to the void in "Allies" from Atlantis, which is deep inside Pegasus, and that didn't take long. And Earth is on the very edge of the Mily Way. Not as fast as an Asgard Hyperdrive, no, especially cause they have to stop and regenerate the ships after so long from the radiation. But they would reach Earth in a reasonable time period.
                              They made it to the No Man's Land because they stole upgraded hyperdrive crap from the Lanteans.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X