Mind boggled.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mind boggled.

OK, I swear Ronon was joking with McKay at the very end (regarding himself also having "intentions" towards Keller.) Everything, from the way he kept asking him more questions (making an already nervous Rodney feel more awkward and uncomfortable), to the growth of his gradual smile at the satisfaction of being presented another opportunity to tease him relentlessly (their friendship is one of the most intersting in the show) gave the indication Ronan was joking!

I don't think there is a love triangle here at all, at least not in the literall sense. For example, that moment where Ronon gives the girl her doll, which impresses Keller, is meant to make Rodney think Ronon has feelings for her, not make the audience think that.

My understanding of the scene (and episode as a whole) was that Rodney was being strung along to think Ronon was interested in Keller, when really he was just playing up an opportunity to make the good doctor squirm some more.

I don't understand why there's been such an outcry! "5 years of Atlantis and the writers give us a love triangle?!" A ridiculous view, in my opinion. For those in doubt of my logic, watch that last scene again with the knowledge that Ronon is teasing McKay and doesn't actually have intentions towards Keller. I think the true meaning of the scene that the writers were attempting to convey will become apparent.

And incidently, don't get me started on this whole "I've read the pre-airing speculation thread and episode description spoilers, and I'm not even going to bother watching the show, because of a (and I use this phrase not really knowing what it means) terrible ship and blah blah blah" comments that are bouncing around...

I've never known a fandom of any series on television to read spoilers for an episode and pass judgement on it's quality based on that knowledge and the content of the episodes promo trailer?! Mind boggling.

Originally posted by Klinjon View Post
    And incidently, don't get me started on this whole "I've read the pre-airing speculation thread and episode description spoilers, and I'm not even going to bother watching the show, because of a (and I use this phrase not really knowing what it means) terrible ship and blah blah blah" comments that are bouncing around...

I've never known a fandom of any series on television to read spoilers for an episode and pass judgement on it's quality based on that knowledge and the content of the episodes promo trailer?! Mind boggling.
    I couldn't agree with you more! The amount of negativity around here lately is astounding.
    Sometimes it seems this forum is for people who hate Stargate, not those who enjoy it. Personally I watch all the episodes before I start making judgements about things TPTB have done. Some episodes that sound stupid turn out really well and vice versa, you can't tell until you actually watch them.

As for the Keller/Ronon thing I'm not sure. I will have to go back and watch it again. Ronon seems to have 1 facial expression, makes it really hard to figure out what he is thinking.
    sigpic

Comment

I think they're just showing Rodney's insecure side to contrast the arrogant scientist.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

There's already a thread for this.

Comment

Working...
        X