Time to confess..the "Your TV-sins" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to confess..the "Your TV-sins" thread

Everybody has watched something on TV he/she normally wouldn't have. Something that might even be considered embarrassing.
    But talking about it makes it so much easier
    Don't fear to speak up brothers and sisters and confess your sins.

And of course I will march on and be the first :

- there was a time when I regularly watched "The Bold and the Beautiful" (this is what happens when you work too many nightshifts and just turn on the TV when you wake up)

- once I knew the names for each and every evolutionary step of the Pokemons (that one actually helped at work....the kids loved me back then )

- I watched all the 3 Starship Troopers movies

- the first season of Big Brother (really don't know how that happened...honestly)

- several Action movies with unimportant titles that always involved some martial arts fighter rescuing his wife/fiancee/girlfriend

Ok...that is as much as I can bear right now. I think I'll just hang my head in shame

So...what are your TV-sins?
    sigpic
    Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
    Spoiler:
    Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
    You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

i also watched big brother season 1 (australian version) hated every minute of it

as for other shows

naruto - i dont know why but i love this show, i wouldnt normally watch anime either

ranma 1.2 - ok like naruto i dont watch anime but this & naruto are the exceptions

power rangers - yeh i still kinda watch them (the old series, not the new crap) so sue me

monk - i usually hate cop shows but this show is kinda funny so i watch it

lexx - yes its sci fi, but doesnst mean i would watch it, its just too wierd, although i have been known to watch an episode here or there (its one of the few sci fi's i dont have on dvd)

wrestling - almost everyone i talk to rolls there eyes when i say im a wrestling fan
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

my ownly 'what am i doing!?' is that i watch 'one tree hill'. i don't even know why i started watching it, but now i just want to know what's going to happen to everyone. i've been sucked in!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

My TV sins?

I used to watch Hannah Montana, The Suite Life Of Zack And Cody, and That's so Raven. Those are the only embarrassing ones. Everything else, like "Doug" back when it was Nickelodeon's show and not Disney's, and "Recess" and "Pepper Ann" and classic animated Nick ("Rugrats" anyone?), most of which I still watch, isn't all that embarrassing for me. I'll admit to watching Naruto (though i prefer the manga), and Fullmetal Alchemist (same), and Yu-Gi-Oh! (again prefer the manga).

I don't have many guilty pleasures in the way of TV.

The exception being "My Super Sweet 16" on occasion...
        Jess | he/his/him | future ruler of the universe
        "Roger that. Remind me to underachieve twice as hard from now on."
        sigpic
        dA | tumblr | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
          - once I knew the names for each and every evolutionary step of the Pokemons (that one actually helped at work....the kids loved me back then )
          I think I might still be able to if I tried hard enough (although only the original ones)

- the first season of Big Brother (really don't know how that happened...honestly)
          I don't want to watch the show, it's just on in my house almost 24/7, they even watch the showtime one; it's torture. At least when they make fun of Stargate I can say "At least I don't watch a show where they do the dishes for 15 minutes."

I've watch a couple of lame Sci-Fi movies while playing computer games.

I sometimes leave the tv on during the lame shows they sometime put on between The Simpsons and Family Guy.

I've left infomercials on because I was too tired to change the channel.

I'll watch a lame TV movie if and only because Lance Henriksen was in it.
          sigpic

Comment

The Hills. I just can't stop watching. I have no excuse
            sigpic
            Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

well i did watch Days of our lifes... havent for quite sometime... its just gotten too weird.

what?

i love cartoons so yea i'll watch Tom and Jerry and Loony Toons as well.
              sigpic

Comment

^^ gotten?
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

when i was younger i watched ally mcbeal a bit, that was about it
                  Spoiler:
                  Disclaimer:
                  I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                  Quotes!
                  - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                  - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                  - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                  sigpic

Comment

^ me 2, i only really remember the dancing baby arc, cant remember what that was about

boston legal>>>>>>> ally mcbeal
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

There is a small possibility that I watched more than one episode of the A-Team all the way through way back in the 80s because I sort of thought Dirk Benedict was cute.

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                        well i did watch Days of our lifes... havent for quite sometime... its just gotten too weird.

what?
                        I watch that too every so often.....

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                        There is a small possibility that I watched more than one episode of the A-Team all the way through way back in the 80s because I sort of thought Dirk Benedict was cute.
                        lol. I watched a whole bunch of them, but of course I was like only 5 ys old at the time.

And I too watched the first season of Big Brother in the US but not any since. That show needs to die, but then again The Soup over on the E! channel wouldn't have clips to draw from and make fun of. I love The Soup!
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          my ownly 'what am i doing!?' is that i watch 'one tree hill'. i don't even know why i started watching it, but now i just want to know what's going to happen to everyone. i've been sucked in!

sally
                          Sometimes it is rather devilish with the "being sucked in" ,isn't it?

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                          The best thing about the A-Team was the "we build a tank out of a jeep, corrugated sheet iron,some handguns and lots of explosives. And if we got time we build a bomber for Murdoch out of the left-overs"

Originally posted by Aurora1101 View Post
                          The Hills. I just can't stop watching. I have no excuse
                          Your sins are forgiven

So here is another one. I really liked Lee Majors in my childhood. And sometimes I even watch those old episodes of "The Six Million Dollar Man" and "The Fall Guy".

Keep confessing.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                          Spoiler:
                          Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                          You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

my god i have watched alot of rubbish through the years
                            but right now i like -
                            my super sweet 16
                            the oc
                            that paris hilton and nicole ritche show

and any makeover show
                            "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bee11 View Post
                              my god i have watched alot of rubbish through the years
                              but right now i like -
                              my super sweet 16
                              the oc
                              that paris hilton and nicole ritche show

and any makeover show
                              I'll admit it - I watched the OC when it was on too. My tastes in TV shows vary so much. I'll watch stuff like that, but also smart sci-fi, like Stargate. Go figure
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Dunc for my pretty aurora and Muse sig. He had no part in the Twilight one

Comment

Working...
                              X