Greg the Wraith Thunk/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg the Wraith Thunk/Appreciation

OBVIOUSLY HAS SPOILERS FOR "The Defiant One". IT OBVIOUSLY SAYS SO IN THE THREAD TITLE. IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT IF YOU GET SPOILED FROM HERE ON IN

This is a thread to talk about the greatness of our second shortly lived (on the screen that is) Wraith.

During the watching of the episode The Defiant One, I began to call him Steve's brother Joe. My mom said that he seems more like a Greg, so thus... Greg.

The lovable Greg (brother of Steve) lived a long pissed off cannabalistic life, and damn that Ford for blowing him up!

First Steve, and now Greg...
    Last edited by MartoufMarty; 16 November 2004, 05:16 AM.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
    This is a thread to talk about the greatness of our second shortly lived (on the screen that is) Wraith.

During the watching of the episode The Defiant One, I began to call him Steve's brother Joe. My mom said that he seems more like a Greg, so thus... Greg.

The lovable Greg (brother of Steve) lived a long pissed off cannabalistic life, and damn that Ford for blowing him up!

First Steve, and now Greg...
    Erm... This might have gone into my own thread... ^_^

Anywhoo, poor Wraith... though he DID survive a Wraith grenade, so he deserved an honorable death. Being vaporized is pretty much honorable, if not the only way he could possibly die...
    Enter my game site...

Comment

What made it less honorable was that he had an energy bar stuck to him...

*shakes head in shame*

He lived... well... all pissed off like, but he died well...ish.

Comment

Yeah... it WAS dumb, but oh well...

I guess it would have been the same if Shep. said "Aim at the thing between the two other lifesigns", but that wouldn't have added humor/drama to the sequence, and negate the usefulness of showing those light-bugs.
        Enter my game site...

Comment

You know, I don't think that that little spoiler warning Darren put in was really actually needed. It's in the Atlantis forum, and the thread title clearly states that there are spoilers for The Defiant One.

Comment

You know, I don't think that that little spoiler warning Darren put in was really actually needed. It's in the Atlantis forum, and the thread title clearly states that there are spoilers for The Defiant One.
            Quite true...

BUT, let's get back on topic.

I just looked at my tape again and noticed something: Greg is pretty stupid. Especially when it came to him being swarmed by the energy bugs: he just thought about eating them, nothing else!

That may be a potential Wraith weakness: the need for constant feeding.
            Enter my game site...

Comment

He's been hanging around on that planet for 10,000 years! He only has two (okay, three) things on his mind:

1. Getting off the planet

2. Food

3. Killing that annoying pesky Sheppard

Comment

But....

Those bugs are NOTHING compared to feeding off of Sheppard! How could he be more fascinated in feeding on those bugs rather than humans!
                Enter my game site...

Comment

<snip>
                  Last edited by Skydiver; 15 November 2004, 07:18 PM.
                  sigpic
                  The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

FYI to all

Downloads are a forbidden topic on this forum. Please do NOT

ask for downloads
                    say that you are downloading
                    offer to assist those that want downloads

Thank you
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hmm, I won't touch that part...

Anywhoo, did anyone notice how "Greg" is extremely fast in catching those energy bugs?
                      It's almost like the Wraith can innately calculate the trajectory of their pray...
                      Enter my game site...

Comment

Please reread the forum rules:

http://forum.gateworld.net/faq.php?f...sics#faq_rules

Spoiler warnings are required in the first message of a spoilery thread, even if the thread title is marked with the word "SPOILERS."

Darren

Comment

Sorry about the stuff about downloading. I was just telling that person...

As for the big spoiler warning, I think that if people go into a thread that even says in the title that there are spoilers, it's their own fault if they get spoiled.

It's in the Atlantis part of the forum, and clearly states that there are spoilers for The Defiant One.

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                            Hmm, I won't touch that part...

Anywhoo, did anyone notice how "Greg" is extremely fast in catching those energy bugs?
                            It's almost like the Wraith can innately calculate the trajectory of their pray...
                            Maybe the bugs were just being slow. They were looking for food not dodging hands.

Comment

Though that IS true, he is still able to catch them before they have any reaction.

That would probably mean that Wraith have better calculating minds than we first thought...
                              Enter my game site...

Comment

Working...
                              X