This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left behind?

With the spoilers for SGU saying that characters run the risk of being left behind in some galaxies if they dont gate out in time I kinda hope a few people are. Maybe in the back half of a season when theyre building to the finalle. Heck maybe strand some main characters on purpose and follow their struggle to survive ala Lost and Survivor. Could do an Aplot of destiny and its teams and Bplot of the lost team. Or maybe do 2 episodes of those on Destiny and then 1 episode of the lost team.

Thotz?

no
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

No.
      Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

Comment

No
        Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
          Maybe in the back half of a season when theyre building to the finalle. Heck maybe strand some main characters on purpose and follow their struggle to survive ala Lost and Survivor. Could do an Aplot of destiny and its teams and Bplot of the lost team. Or maybe do 2 episodes of those on Destiny and then 1 episode of the lost team.
          If they're aiming for the 21st century story telling, space opera kind of approach that's the kind of thing they should be doing.
          sigpic

Comment

Getting left behind- yeah sure.

Trying to find a way back, or a way to get the people back; possibly- yeah.

But not focus on it entirely; just an episode where the main team are stranded and jump from gate to gate, or Galaxy to Galaxy to get back; possibly a mid-season 2 parter, or season finale...

Comment

actually that wold be cool... for even half a season they could be seperated.. which would totally change relationships and dynamics of command.
              "Sadly, I understood that. Where did all those Saturday nights go?" - Rodney McKay

Comment

Actually, I think that could work, like how BSG followed Helo and Sharon on Caprica when they were away from Galactica.
                My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

I agree with the main characters getting stranded in a two parter. It would be interesting to see.
                  http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

I could possibly see a resourceful group that gets a hold of a power source dial from galaxy to galaxy to get to Pegasus / Milky Way, but I don't think you would see that on the show, or the main characters wouldn't know.

Possible clip show: SGC gets an incoming wormhole, and out comes a few members of the Universe team come through and tell the story so far.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron_nine View Post
                      Actually, I think that could work, like how BSG followed Helo and Sharon on Caprica when they were away from Galactica.
                      Alot of people are saying that it's gonna fill the role of BSG so that would fit in quite well, but TPTB have to set it up just right, building the characters realtionships then adding that level of tension in some episodes season features.
                      It shouldn't be too over done though.
                      Plus they've gotta seperate themselves from BSG a bit.

If Destiny's designed to explore that should meen technologies, not just aliens so they may find a meens to get back to the ship at least if it does go out of range, not necessarily Earth.

In the beginning they could have the Asgard device that allows you to dial other Galaxy's Stargates (although it was never mentioned what range that had), they could lose it somewhere down the line, probably in the pilot.
                      Maybe there are puddle jumpers that are capable of galactic gate travel, but they don't find them until the end of season 1 or 2 as the ship's so big (but I'm not sure how likely that's gonna be).

Just a few ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Chevron_nine View Post
                        I wouldn't mind seeing something like that at all.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I wouldn't mind seeing something like that at all.
                          agree.

Comment

No

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

wouldn't mind that if it's only a two parter. Maybe if TPTB think a character isn't being developed (ie Ford in SGA) they can strand them with a few people they don't like and change or enhance the character in 2 episodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X