Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other episodes made into movies ala CotG?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other episodes made into movies ala CotG?

Any you would want to see?

Maybe Lost City or Be all my sins Remembered, but with extended new space battles, maybe a few new subplots added into the background, some re-edits maybe?

BASMR is pure gold, but imagine if they penned a few more subplots like the Wraith deliberations with Todd, or something going on with the Travellers. And who wouldnt LOVE to see more of the battle over Asuras? Could count all the hives battling around the planet, maybe work in some of the following episode with Todd...

BAMSR was my first thought, I agree with you. The Siege three parter is also a possibility, maybe... except for the fact there's some characters missing now.

Comment

BAMSR - The only one that would be worthy/fun enough IMO.

I was definetly left wanting more by the end of it.
      Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

deffinatly BAMSR, check out my vid in my sig,
        also another they could do is Into The Fire, it in itself without the boring/clip show of a first parter, i could definatly see a better version, but there's only one problem God rest his soul.........

KEEP IT CLEAN
        Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
        Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

First off, "Children of the Gods" is not being made into a movie. It is merely a 90-minute episode that is getting re-editted.

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
          Maybe Lost City or Be all my sins Remembered, but with extended new space battles, maybe a few new subplots added into the background, some re-edits maybe?
          "Lost City" is already presented on DVD as an 84-minute episode. It's fine as it is. "Be All My Sins Remember'd" is a 42-minute episode. How exactly do you make that into a movie? I don't recall seeing any 42-minute movies... Back in the 1930's, some movies were an hour long, though.

Comment

I would like to see more of the Season 5 episode Between Two Fires. Add a ship battle scene between the Tollan and the Goauld.

Comment

what about doing a little rework of the original movie??
              if you see a light at the end of the tunnel, it's just a photon torpedo.

Comment

I highly doubt Ronald Emmerich and Dean Devlin are going to let the SG-1 team touch their movie.

Comment

Would they have a choice in the matter? Don't MGM own the rights to all that stuff now?

Comment

It's my understanding that MGM holds the rights to the original movie and all future productions. However, I think Emmerich and Devlin still have some creative control when it comes to editting their movie. They don't like SG-1, largely because it's production kept them from making two sequels to their movie. They are very bitter about this. If MGM let the SG-1 team play with the movie, they could be burning their bridge with Emmerich and Devlin, possibly damaging the studio's reputation with other producers, directors, and writers.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                      It's my understanding that MGM holds the rights to the original movie and all future productions. However, I think Emmerich and Devlin still have some creative control when it comes to editting their movie. They don't like SG-1, largely because it's production kept them from making two sequels to their movie. They are very bitter about this. If MGM let the SG-1 team play with the movie, they could be burning their bridge with Emmerich and Devlin, possibly damaging the studio's reputation with other producers, directors, and writers.
                      I think the Stargate franchise works alot better being a series rather than if Emmerich and Devlin made two more movies... i doubt they would have even done that either, their just moaning because TPTB did a much better job expanding the mythology than they did.

They could even make these movies if they wanted to due to the fact that certain parts of SG-1 are different to the original movie... i much prefer the Goa'uld being parasitic lifeforms rather than the alien being Ra was reveiled to be in the movie.

BTW im not saying they SHOULD do it by no means i just hate it how they are saying that SG-1 ruined their vision...
                      Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crais View Post
                        I think the Stargate franchise works alot better being a series rather than if Emmerich and Devlin made two more movies...
                        Agreed.

i doubt they would have even done that either, their just moaning because TPTB did a much better job expanding the mythology than they did.
                        They had plans to make the movies. Not all sequels get made immediately after the first movie.

They could even make these movies if they wanted to due to the fact that certain parts of SG-1 are different to the original movie...
                        MGM isn't interested.

i much prefer the Goa'uld being parasitic lifeforms rather than the alien being Ra was reveiled to be in the movie.
                        I like both concepts myself.

BTW im not saying they SHOULD do it by no means i just hate it how they are saying that SG-1 ruined their vision...
                        Their complaints are valid. How would you like it if you wrote a book and got it published with plans to write a sequel. Then the publisher let someone else write the sequel which has nothing to do with your intended sequel. Wouldn't that upset you just a little?

Comment

I'd love to see a few of the two part SG1 episodes re-edited and made into 2 hour movies. I'm sure there are extra scenes for those episodes that haven't been seen that could be edited into them.

Apparently, there was a whole 30 + minute scene shot with the team discussing Jack leaving for Washington that we never even saw. . .
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post

Their complaints are valid. How would you like it if you wrote a book and got it published with plans to write a sequel. Then the publisher let someone else write the sequel which has nothing to do with your intended sequel. Wouldn't that upset you just a little?
                            Thats the biz. If they have a problem with it as an artist then maybe they shouldnt have sold their rights to get it supported by the studio. It is more the studios than it is theirs. They may have had a good idea but the studio ponied up millions of dollars and the studio is the one that takes the hit if it bombs or reaps the money if it wins.

Comment

Please, name an instance where a movie was recut by people who did not work on the movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X