This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla and Athosian centric movie PLZ!

Im a big fan of Ms Luttrell and the Athosians. Teyla and her people and her people are great and I think its high time we got an Athosian focused movie.

What we know:

The Athosians were once a technologically advanced civilization. They had at least one big city of significant size with a Lantean appearance to their architecture. Under millennia of cullings their descendants have been reduced to a hunter/agrarian society. The only advanced technology that they still have (that we have seen) is their little pocket lasers. Given their prior technology and architecture it is more than likely that they were once very advanced, much like the Genii were once a big Federation.

If their architecture is any indication they may have had some relationship with the Lanteans, especially since they revered them as “The Ancestors”. Maybe there is something hidden on Old Athos that would make for a good movie. I remember Halling mentioning a prophecy of the ancient’s return, which they were disappointed by in The Return. It could be there under the surface or behind some kind of cloak, only they don’t know about it after thousands of years of cullings, it has been lost.

The execution:
    It would be really easy to set up, Rodney notices mentions something found in Atlantis database and it jives with an Athosian myth/spiritual belief, and that’s enough to warrant an investigation.

This movie could have a lot of Athosian history, who have been a part of the show since the beginning. It would also explore a lot of back story for Teyla’s character who hasn’t had the greatest amount of face time over the years (although it’s improved drastically since season 3). Searching through the rubble of your home world for a secret is gonna bring back a lot of memories and background, which would be awesome for the character/actress. And since its tied into some hidden weapon/ancienty doohickey the stage is set for plenty of explosions and big PEWPEW when they find it at the last moment.

Plus if its ever hard to get back the entire cast, or some of the actors are unavailable or being d!cks about contracts it could serve like a solo character episode has in the past.

Just a thot from your friendly neighborhood TheKymeric…………

Image of Athos ruins
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ic/101x631.jpg

I think that'd be a great idea!
    I really do, but I don't see TPTB going into anything like that.

I never realized how advanced looking those ruins looked. I think that we were just supost to forget about it....

But great idea!

Comment

The Athosians have never been a major plot point of the show. They played a small role in Season 1, but they've more or less been dropped after that. They were in a second season episode and Season 3's mid-season two-parter. The Athosians went missing in Season 4 and were only seen in "The Kindred, Parts 1 & 2" when rescued from Michael. We haven't seen them since. Looking at GateWorld's Season 5 episode guide, I don't think we'll see them again before the show ends. I can understand wanting Teyla to have a big role in a movie, but while you may want an Athosian movie... it's not going to happen.

Comment

Why make a movie about the most boring charachter and people in atlantis history?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
          The Athosians have never been a major plot point of the show. They played a small role in Season 1, but they've more or less been dropped after that. They were in a second season episode and Season 3's mid-season two-parter. The Athosians went missing in Season 4 and were only seen in "The Kindred, Parts 1 & 2" when rescued from Michael. We haven't seen them since. Looking at GateWorld's Season 5 episode guide, I don't think we'll see them again before the show ends. I can understand wanting Teyla to have a big role in a movie, but while you may want an Athosian movie... it's not going to happen.
          I disagree, it was the Athosians and Teyla that led Sheppard to the locket that was a wraith alarm, which led to the wraith capturing sumner, then all of the wraith awakening. They were instrumental in the set up of the show!

Plus they are key players in the Michael Saga, hes never gonna leave them alone till he gets little Tagan, and most of the Athosians were killed or turned into Hybrids. They might be more integral to the Michael plot than Beckett even is!

They worshiped the Lanteans but when some returned they were booted to new athos, which is a crisis of faith even before it led to Michaels slaughter. Thats interesting! They lost their first home and a good number of their people because of the Atlantis expedition, but theyre still best friends with them. Theres something there!

Comment

teyla/the athosians may have enough of a backstory to support a movie, but in reality, I don't think it'd attract the audience numbers MGM/sci-fi wants. (which is probably their primary concern)
            Last edited by naamiaiset; 21 September 2008, 11:06 AM.

Comment

While I think it may be a good idea, I hope that the first film deals with something not involving the Athosians in any way. I've been rewatching the earlier episodes recently and I've realised I cannot stand Halling. In Seige Part 1 he's basically a ginormous bell-end, same as in 38 minutes. I get his viewpoint but he seems to refuse to get the expedition's. I'd rather have the film be about either the tria, the Brotherhood ZPM, Ford, Michael, McKay or the Travellers.
              sigpic
              If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
              I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                I disagree, it was the Athosians and Teyla that led Sheppard to the locket that was a wraith alarm, which led to the wraith capturing sumner, then all of the wraith awakening. They were instrumental in the set up of the show!
                I'm not arguing against that. Did you read my post? I said they played a small role in Season 1. The events you describe only happened in 1 of 19 episodes. I'd hardly call that instrumental. Instrumental to the first episode, yes. To the season? Not really... They more or less dissappeared after the first five episodes, only returning for the mid-season two-parter.

Plus they are key players in the Michael Saga, hes never gonna leave them alone till he gets little Tagan, and most of the Athosians were killed or turned into Hybrids. They might be more integral to the Michael plot than Beckett even is!
                Er... They were only in two episodes of Michael's hybrid story arc. Michael doesn't care about Athosians. He just wants Teyla's baby.

They worshiped the Lanteans but when some returned they were booted to new athos, which is a crisis of faith even before it led to Michaels slaughter. Thats interesting!
                The Athosians were barely seen in "The Return, Parts 1 & 2." All we know is that they were relocated. Teyla rejoined her people, and Ronan joined her. When Sheppard's team returned from Earth, Teyla and Ronan joined them to retake Atlantis. We didn't learn squat about the Athosians in either episode except that they'd been relocated.

They lost their first home and a good number of their people because of the Atlantis expedition, but theyre still best friends with them. Theres something there!
                Maybe, but it's never been explored. Sorry.

Comment

[QUOTE=kymeric;8969956]Im a big fan of Ms Luttrell and the Athosians. Teyla and her people and her people are great and I think its high time we got an Athosian focused movie.

What we know:

The Athosians were once a technologically advanced civilization. They had at least one big city of significant size with a Lantean appearance to their architecture. Under millennia of cullings their descendants have been reduced to a hunter/agrarian society. The only advanced technology that they still have (that we have seen) is their little pocket lasers. (snip)

Originally posted by Hallnavy View Post
                  I think that'd be a great idea!
                  I really do, but I don't see TPTB going into anything like that.

I never realized how advanced looking those ruins looked. I think that we were just supost to forget about it....

But great idea!

I always thought the Athosian story had lots of potential & Teyla is so much more than a warrior. But I agree with Halllnavy that TPTB are not likely to deal with them

Comment

It wouldnt make a good Atlantis movie, maybe if they did it in an episode that would be ok (no chance of that now though) but a whole movie on the Athosians would be a massive waste in my opinion.
                    Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

Maybe your right, but it could be a good plot to springboard a big Atlantis movie off of. Theres always an A plot and a B plot and they tie in together to resolve the movie at the end. Maybe a Teyla/Athos plot could run alongside a more traditional A plot?

Comment

Athosians as a subplot works for me. I just don't see it working as the main plot.

Comment

Yes, sorry, the Athosian storylines have never interested me much, similar to the Jaffa Nation building storylines in SG-1. But maybe it could work as a small springboard with the discovery of new technologies.

Comment

Its hard enough to make the main plots into movie material. Making an Athosian movie would be like making a Tollan or Reetou movie. People simply wouldn't care enough. Plus Teyla isn't exactly the most... developed... character.

I don't think anything like this would ever work. Just not enough people who even like the Teyla character, or the Athosians.

Comment

Originally posted by ranger View Post
                              why make a movie about the most boring charachter and people in atlantis history?
                              hahahaha!
                              "You heard me! I said KREE!"

www.heliosaga.com

Comment

Working...
                              X