This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone think...

...We will see another galaxy which i ruled by a former enemy? Think the Goa'uld which left the MW to rule a new batch of people, another Ori galaxy, maybs replicators, or even the Wraith...
    Meh.

I've always wondered if any of the Goa'uld had managed to get to another galaxy, I'm not if I'd want them to bring that into SGU though. It could be great, but not no how matter how well it worked out there'd still be the inevitable bleating of fans deciding that this was proof that the writers were running out of ideas...

Comment

Goa'uld, maybe. Replicators, Ori, and Wraith, no, not so much. I think the Goa'uld could have gotten passed the Milky Way and maybe the Ori (however, no more Ori). They could have gone to rule another galaxy.
      Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

Comment

that would be a good idea to look into! but like they should take it back old school.. make the goa'ulds use more of Death Gliders, and the old Pyramid ship (Ra's one from the movie) to show like technological differences. Or new-er better looking Ha'taks?

Comment

Originally posted by Xylian View Post
          Goa'uld, maybe. Replicators, Ori, and Wraith, no, not so much. I think the Goa'uld could have gotten passed the Milky Way and maybe the Ori (however, no more Ori). They could have gone to rule another galaxy.
          Even if the Goa'uld or another former enemy moved to another galaxy, I would think that, due to the sheer vastness of galaxies--the billions of stars and millions of possible habitable worlds--that gaining a foothold and building a new empire, would take thousands of years--maybe more.

Hopefully the writers will explore new ideas.
          My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

i don't think will will see any of OUR former enemies...
            we may see results of something that happened like millenia ago but noting as new as 14 years
            ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

I hope not... i think for Universe to work we need to loose most ties to the previous shows. It needs to be new and fresh. I always hated how they included the Replicators in Ark Of Truth, for me it ruined the movie, and seeing any former enemy again may make me loose all hope with TPTB.

New and exciting races is what we need.
              Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

but the thing is that we might see replicators... remember the end of season 5 i think when sg1 and apophis traveled to a distant galaxy after they blew up the sun... yes there and thousands of galaxies out there and we might not meet the replicators but they are always out there
                ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
                  my sg:u vision (in spoilers)
                  Spoiler:
                  i think that scientists on the moon ( yes THE MOON .. remember in sg1 they mentioned something about a moon base) will discover that moon is in fact a place where they (alterans) have stashed something, so they will take some marines and will go out to look at what it is. they will the discover destiny, activate it and start their journey. later sgc will find out what happened to the missing ppl and will discover that they can contact them by dialing that 9 symbol address and will send them supplies once a week. and they will eat Chinese food for the rest of their lifes. the end
                  No. You got it all wrong.
                  Spoiler:
                  It'll be pizza.
                  My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

hehe

crackers, like in farscape

Comment

I demand a galaxy full of unas! Maybe a dozen galaxies full of Unas'es. Mark my words, Unas are the dominant life form in the universe!

Comment

The next great enemy will be...the blob. Slow moving goo that devours everything it touches. it's bullet proof, fire proof and dishwasher safe.

The only thing that can counter the blob is boric acid...yes, ant killer.

The next great weapon in stargate will be...bug spray...lots and lots of bug spray.

Who knows...might even take care of the wraith problem too.
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that the replicators will show up.

Comment

I don't think the Goa'uld will reappear. Eventhough it's plausible they did go to another galaxy it will be a bad idea and I believe/hope the TPTB realize that. I loved the Goa'uld but I don't see anymore possibilities in them.

Wraith - they don't have the tech to travel between the galaxies. Before Earth went to Pegasus they had no need to travel out there while their feeding ground was growing while they were sleeping until reaching the right size. The Wraith still has a lot of potential in the story but they don't belong in SGA. Maybe another kind of bug-human mix can appear though.

Replicators - It's tricky - actually I never really liked them. So I don't hope they reappear. I think the replicator plot has been pretty well explored. I just found them borring and was just waiting for them getting killed.

Ori - Ancients afterall are pretty advanced. Something like Ori could've be set up elsewhere. But I want to see something new.

Poeple who would be cool to meet out there. Asgaard in some form, Furlings, Tollans or some other advanced people.

Comment

There could be a devious race of Humans, with highly advanced tech, maybe a race that was helped by say The Furlings, that tricked them into giving them a library of knowledge similar to the one the Asgard gave us.
                              These new Humans left the MW and decided to build a huge, powerful fleet in another galaxy.
                              Then they spread out and plan to conquer the Universe in it's entirety.

What about the Aschen, it's possible they may have discovered the tech somewhere or the ones in our galaxy could've come from some off shoot of ones that lived in the Andromeda Galaxy.

I guess anything's possibl with sci-fi

Comment

Working...
                              X