PDA

View Full Version : Shorten Introduction Again

Orion Antreas
September 20th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Now, I ain't a big complainer and a thread was brought up about this for last week's episode, "The Queen", but again this week they shortened the introduction. I am praying to God they won't do it for next weeks episode, "First Contact" which looks awesome! These two episodes might have been a bit longer requiring a shorter introduction, but there are many possibilities. I want to hear your thoughts about this shorten introduction...again...I don't want Atlantis to go out by "throwing up the title and go with it."

So, what'cha think? Think it is gonna continue? (By the way, sorry if there is another thread specifically created for episode "Tracker". I didn't see any specifically regarding last night's episode.)

jenks
September 20th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I think it's going to continue, and I hope it does. The short intro is better IMO.

fumblesmcstupid
September 20th, 2008, 01:38 PM
They changed it because TPB on Sci-fi think we have a short atte

Reiko
September 20th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Why are people making such a big deal about this? No, really. :o

dmacfour
September 20th, 2008, 01:43 PM
Now, I ain't a big complainer and a thread was brought up about this for last week's episode, "The Queen", but again this week they shortened the introduction. I am praying to God they won't do it for next weeks episode, "First Contact" which looks awesome! These two episodes might have been a bit longer requiring a shorter introduction, but there are many possibilities. I want to hear your thoughts about this shorten introduction...again...I don't want Atlantis to go out by "throwing up the title and go with it."

So, what'cha think? Think it is gonna continue? (By the way, sorry if there is another thread specifically created for episode "Tracker". I didn't see any specifically regarding last night's episode.)

I've seen the intro so many times I could care less whether is was short or not. I download the show from Itunes, and usually just skip the intro because I'm to impatient and want to get to the episode.

ablevins425
September 20th, 2008, 02:02 PM

I think when they did it before, they changed it back because of the strong fan response to it. Now they did it to add another commercial, and could care less about the fans since the show is already cancelled. Just another stick Sci-Fi likes to shove up our you know what...

Jeff O'Connor
September 20th, 2008, 02:05 PM
They changed it because TPB on Sci-fi think we have a short atte

Heh, clever. Thankfully, most of us are more than willing to sit through the opening, and many of us even feel it adds to the overall experience.

I, for one, am one of those people, and I have quite the attention sp

fumblesmcstupid
September 20th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I love the opening music, I hum and do a mock conductor with a spatula when I am cooking dinner in the evening when it is on at 5pm.

prion
September 20th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Yup, hacked down to 8 seconds, and I don't see any more episode added, just commercials!

NIKIN
September 20th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I much prefer the long opening, as for the short attention span excuse, it's rubbish. If O am watching a DVD I might skip it if its the 3rd episode I've watched that day, but when watching on TV the long into wont make me turn off the show

Jumper One
September 20th, 2008, 03:05 PM
That's interesting... I just watched Tracker on iTunes, and the intro was not shortened. It was the good ol' full length one.

I_haz_a_Cookie
September 20th, 2008, 04:56 PM

personally dont care if they shorten the intro hell im all for no more intros too, never was a big fan of them in any shows, im the get to the point of person..
personally as of now i dont really care i just skip it anyways

Gate-builder
September 20th, 2008, 06:38 PM
personally dont care if they shorten the intro hell im all for no more intros too, never was a big fan of them in any shows, im the get to the point of person..
personally as of now i dont really care i just skip it anyways

I agree, having intros at the start is a pain. I honestly don't understand why people are complaining so much about something they have seen a million times before.

Jeff O'Connor
September 20th, 2008, 06:48 PM
It's Sci-Fi's decision. A viewer abroad commented last week that his version of the episode contained the normal opening credits.

Orion Antreas
September 20th, 2008, 07:14 PM
The introduction is important to me and many others because of the quality. The quality of Joel Goldsmith's instrumental and the CGI creators' talents of how they set up the intro. I enjoy looking at the opening because the quality in the intro helps create excitement while leading into the show. For SciFi to stop using it after about 7 episodes this season is quite idiotic. Just finish the series with the opening. It will be the last time for new episodes. I want that quality to stay there.

marty2006
September 20th, 2008, 07:18 PM
I love the opening music, I hum and do a mock conductor with a spatula when I am cooking dinner in the evening when it is on at 5pm.

Oh dear!

Pharaoh Atem
September 20th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Why are people making such a big deal about this? No, really. :o

same here as well know the full version will be on the dvd box set

bfldworker
September 20th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I have to be honest. While I don't think it is a big deal. I like the full length intro for only 2 reasons. The theme song, which I think is cool and I like the graphics and the clips from the shows. Other then that, it isn't a big deal.

airrick
September 21st, 2008, 12:19 AM
I heard that they shortened it to give the preview for Sanctuary, instead of taking up a commercial slot they did took it from the show intro.. anyone know if last week they showed a preview for something during the commercials?

Freek
September 21st, 2008, 02:28 AM
I don't care for the intro too much, I think this is a decent solution. The "long" intro should be used in two-parters and at the first and last episodes of the season. But otherwise its just a reason to quickly get a drink or skip ahead on the DVR.

Voxyn
September 21st, 2008, 12:36 PM
If I remember correctly Season 9 (and 10?) of SG-1 had a few episodes with shortened intros.
So I am thinking that it is something that they do when a show is doomed.
I think it saves a bit of money paid to the actors not having to show the credits with their faces?
And since the show is doomed but they know they have fans that will watch anyway they can make a bit of money buy shoving a few extra adverts in?

That is all guessing, though. :)

somme
September 24th, 2008, 09:03 PM
The long intro has been done to death. I don't need to see a montage of the main characters every single episode. It's dull after one year let alone five.

Fan-e-Gate
September 25th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Well I enjoyed the first seasons intro.
The shortened one at the beginning of 2 sucked
I liked it when they had the new intro for s2 and beyond
But frankly I am getting bored as well. There was too much blue-I was kind of hoping they were going to change it this year (at a time when they didn't know they were being cancelled). These shortened intros are okay.
Hopefully when the DVDs come out they all have long intros