My idea for a stargate movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My idea for a stargate movie

a lot have people have posted their ideas, so what's one more?

the premise:
    Spoiler:
    Aten was the first Goa’uld to find earth. He and his lieutenants: Ra, Apophis, and Osiris had wandered the stars searching for a new host species to prolong their dying Unas bodies. When they landed their ha’tak on earth, they met resistance from the Atlantean ruling caste. In the ensuing war, the Goa’uld were the victors destroying the last of the unascended Ancients, but Aten was injured and hidden away in a canopic jar. The Goa’uld then began to fight among themselves, each taking a portion of earth’s population as their own.

Years later, Daniel Jackson, having recently retired from the SGC, is on an archeological dig in Egypt. Aten's jar is uncovered and confiscated by the Egyptian government where it escapes, attaching itself to an Egyptian general.

The stargate program is forced to go public as Aten seizes control of Egypt in a military coup. Sg-1 is reassembled by Colonel O'Neill ().

that's the premise, haven't worked out how the story completely unfolds. but with Aten, we're talking about the ultimate Goa'uld, sadistic, cunning, but not as pompous as his successors.

ermmmmm... no

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

Not a bad idea... the bit about the Atlanteans is probably unnecessary (just flashback to how aliens came to Earth 10,000 years ago, cut to opening credits, and then have the film set in the modern day, with Jackson looking for alien artifacts in Egypt), and as for the idea that a military coup in Africa / the Middle East would require the Stargate to be made public... not so much (of course, half the fun would be seeing SG-1 trying to keep alien activity out of sight of the general population while battling said aliens).

I don't see why SG-1 would have retired (again), but overall, the story has promise.
      Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

More Goa'uld?

Its an interesting idea but i would like to see something fresher in a new SG-1 movie, another race for example.
        Maybe a race thats risen to power now that the Replicators and the Goa'uld are out of the picture... maybe the Aschen idea, i always thought that sounded neat.
        Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

In Continuum we had a movie that brought back the old SG1, maybe the next should be more in line with the latter seasons, maybe something with the Lusien Alliance or the next incarnation of the Free Jaffa Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by rielgenius1688 View Post
            In Continuum we had a movie that brought back the old SG1, maybe the next should be more in line with the latter seasons, maybe something with the Lusien Alliance or the next incarnation of the Free Jaffa Nation.
            the next SG-1 movie is...
            GW: You were spinning your third movie idea. What can you tell us?

BW: It's an O'Neill story, and I would include as many of our cast as we could, both financially and in terms of availability. [...]
            http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/..._the_ice.shtml
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Maybe...maybe in the next movie we can find out if Jonas survived the Ori. That's what I want to see 'cause they sorta just forgot abut the poor guy.
              sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

if I had to write a Stargate movie, I would make an Atlantis movie. Basically, the wraith would finally make good on their promise to find earth and feed on it. So Atlantis gets wind of their plans to cull Earth and become threatening again, so they have to fly the city back to the Milky Way and defend Earth. Since they don't have enough power, they'll have to make an alliance with the Genii for a power source of some sort, and the Genii will want to come with and nuke the wraith hive ships (since in my movie, every hive ship will want to go and cull this vast feeding source).
                So Atlantis and the Genii make it to Earth just before the Wraith do and they have a massive space battle to defend Earth. Eventually, they realize that if they get onto the main hive ship with all the queens that are in charge of the Wraith army and kill them, they can demoralize all the Wraith grunts. So Zelenka and McKay come up with a way to get the Wraith shields down, and they beam over Ronan and Sheppard. Also, they have Teyla pose as a Wraith queen again (because they Wraith will recognize her and that episode was awesome) but they're eventually discovered and have to shoot their way out.
                Then the Genii get impatient, force Mckay and Zelenka to disable the shields on all the Wraith ships and blow them all up. Basically, by the end of the movie, everyone will be dead except for Mckay, Keller (who will be in love) and Zelenka, because Zelenka is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
                  Aten was the first Goa’uld to find earth.
                  In the original movie, Ra was the first to find Earth. SG-1 made a few retcons to make the movie TV friendly, but they did stick with Ra being the first Goa'uld to find Earth. However, you modify your premise by saying that Ra and Aten (Athen?) found Earth together.

He and his lieutenants: Ra, Apophis, and Osiris had wandered the stars searching for a new host species to prolong their dying Unas bodies. When they landed their ha’tak on earth, they met resistance from the Atlantean ruling caste. In the ensuing war, the Goa’uld were the victors destroying the last of the unascended Ancients, but Aten was injured and hidden away in a canopic jar.
                  This contradicts the movie. Humans were simple nomadic hunters at the time. According to Atlantis, the Atlanteans returned to Earth, but were too few in numbers to rebuild their civilization. Some stayed on Earth, others scattered across the galaxy, and some ascended.

The Goa’uld then began to fight among themselves, each taking a portion of earth’s population as their own.
                  That gels with what we learned in SG-1.

Years later, Daniel Jackson, having recently retired from the SGC, is on an archeological dig in Egypt. Aten's jar is uncovered and confiscated by the Egyptian government where it escapes, attaching itself to an Egyptian general.
                  I don't see Daniel retiring from the SGC. If he were to ever leave the SGC, I suspect he'd simply transfer to Atlantis. I can only see him retiring when he becomes too old to travel across the galaxy. Even then, he'd probably stay on as a consultant. As for Aten, that sounds like a retread of "The Curse."

The stargate program is forced to go public as Aten seizes control of Egypt in a military coup. Sg-1 is reassembled by Colonel O'Neill ().
                  Why would a military coup require the SGC to go public? O'Neill is a General now, he's no longer a Colonel. Why would he need to reassemble SG-1? If original members leave, new ones will come in (Jonas, Mitchell, and Vala for example). When you say reassemble SG-1, do you mean get Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c back? How exactly would Teal'c be useful?

but with Aten, we're talking about the ultimate Goa'uld, sadistic, cunning, but not as pompous as his successors.
                  Sounds like every Goa'uld System Lord we've seen so far.

To be honest, I think the Goa'uld stuff has been played out. I think the next big Goa'uld story will be resolution to the Goa'uld Trust. Ba'al's gone, so now it's time to get his underlings that are hiding on Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    In the original movie, Ra was the first to find Earth. SG-1 made a few retcons to make the movie TV friendly, but they did stick with Ra being the first Goa'uld to find Earth. However, you modify your premise by saying that Ra and Aten (Athen?) found Earth together.

This contradicts the movie. Humans were simple nomadic hunters at the time. According to Atlantis, the Atlanteans returned to Earth, but were too few in numbers to rebuild their civilization. Some stayed on Earth, others scattered across the galaxy, and some ascended.

That gels with what we learned in SG-1.

I don't see Daniel retiring from the SGC. If he were to ever leave the SGC, I suspect he'd simply transfer to Atlantis. I can only see him retiring when he becomes too old to travel across the galaxy. Even then, he'd probably stay on as a consultant. As for Aten, that sounds like a retread of "The Curse."

Why would a military coup require the SGC to go public? O'Neill is a General now, he's no longer a Colonel. Why would he need to reassemble SG-1? If original members leave, new ones will come in (Jonas, Mitchell, and Vala for example). When you say reassemble SG-1, do you mean get Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c back? How exactly would Teal'c be useful?

Sounds like every Goa'uld System Lord we've seen so far.

To be honest, I think the Goa'uld stuff has been played out. I think the next big Goa'uld story will be resolution to the Goa'uld Trust. Ba'al's gone, so now it's time to get his underlings that are hiding on Earth.
                    I appreciate the play-by-play ridicule.
                    The part with Aten discovering earth is simply a way to explain how the goa'uld were able to influence earth myth, they couldn't have all worked their way into earth mythology if Ra was the only one who ruled the planet, they would have had to have worked together before their rivalries began.

I only included the part with the ancients becuase I thought it would be cool to see a flashback to a battle between the goa'uld and ancient soldiers (i would imagine they'd resemble ori soldiers - or arthurian knights we haven't actually seen ancient soldiers so far) as a way to tie the 1-8th season SGsg-1 with 9&10 SGsg1.

Aten would be a different sort of goa'uld because he represents a different sort of god. He wouldn't be the overdressed children we've seen on the serie (i'm looking at you, zipacna!), he would be a worthy adversary for the minds of sg-1

Daniel could very well return to academia if the SGC were to shut down. The government could even use his "discoveries" in Egypt as a way to ease the public into knowledge of the stargate. (it's got to happen sometime guys)

Why would a military coup require the SGC to go public?
                    because an alien is actively conquering the earth. Probably gathering worshippers from earth's population. I'm imagining this being a global event.

And, I know O'neill was promoted, I put a "" in parentheses implying that sam and jack had wed sometime previously, Jack having retired (third times the charm). sg-1 need not necessarily consist of the four original members.
                    Last edited by DeRoest; 20 September 2008, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
                      I appreciate the play-by-play ridicule.
                      Excuse me? I was just responding to your post. If you're being sincere, then thankyou. It took a while to type up that post.

The part with Aten discovering earth is simply a way to explain how the goa'uld were able to influence earth myth, they couldn't have all worked their way into earth mythology if Ra was the only one who ruled the planet, they would have had to have worked together before their rivalries began.
                      True, but I think you can have all of that while maintaining that Ra found Earth. That's what we see in the original movie, so I think that shouldn't be ignored.

I only included the part with the ancients becuase I thought it would be cool to see a flashback to a battle between the goa'uld and ancient soldiers (i would imagine they'd resemble ori soldiers - or arthurian knights we haven't actually seen ancient soldiers so far) as a way to tie the 1-8th season SGsg-1 with 9&10 SGsg1.
                      It would indeed be cool, but it's entirely unnecessary. They don't need to be tied together. The Goa'uld take Earth after Atlantis left, and when the Atlanteans return, they scatter to the wind.

Aten would be a different sort of goa'uld because he represents a different sort of god. He wouldn't be the overdressed children we've seen on the serie (i'm looking at you, zipacna!), he would be a worthy adversary for the minds of sg-1
                      We've already seen a lot of Goa'uld villains. It just feels like a retread. We've already had a Goa'uld who wasn't the EVIL, Buah ha ha ha!!! type in the form of Ba'al.

Daniel could very well return to academia if the SGC were to shut down.
                      Why would the SGC shutdown? I can see it be relocated to something more internationally friendly, but not shutdown.

The government could even use his "discoveries" in Egypt as a way to ease the public into knowledge of the stargate. (it's got to happen sometime guys)
                      I think it's more likely for the world to learn a little bit here and there. By the time it goes public, most of the world has already figured it out. Then again, look at the Roswell, New Mexico incident. Assuming it really was an alien spaceship, it's been kept secret for decades. Why not keep the Stargate program secret?

because an alien is actively conquering the earth. Probably gathering worshippers from earth's population. I'm imagining this being a global event.
                      I don't see a single individual alien doing that unless he's got many space ships loaded with armies.

And, I know O'neill was promoted, I put a "" in parentheses implying that sam and jack had wed sometime previously, Jack having retired (third times the charm).
                      Oh. Well, how was I to deduce all of that from a simple emoticon? I don't like the idea of Jack retiring. I also don't like the idea of an O'Neill/Carter relationship happening off screen after all these years. If it's going to happen, show us!

sg-1 need not necessarily consist of the four original members.
                      You're the one suggesting SG-1 being reassembled, implying the original members. If it's the new members, then it would be the active SG-1 team, no reassembling required.

Comment

How about....kids playing in the desert around egpt and..one kid is just digging in the sand....playing...then he finds a Gould glove piece (forgot name) and he takes it home...or plays with it trys to put it on...then....it glows but it glows more often when he is around a certain area (ancient site area)...then basically it leads him to some snakes in a coffin thing? lol i know i rushed it but thats the start. Then he gets infected with a gould and before you know it he is a gould! wow..

Comment

If i may quote Dr. Weir: "I like this idea, i really do", well mostly the part with the military coup led by the goa'uld. that could send the middle east into a warzone (more than now) and the need to stabalize it even more since it is led by a goa'uld. That could mean that SG-1 has to be sent in and take car of him. it could be very cool if done right

KEEP IT CLEAN
                          Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                          Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

chuck norris has a gua'ould in each fist :O

Comment

Working...
                            X