PDA

View Full Version : Who died?

IrishPisano
September 20th, 2008, 07:48 AM
didn't the previews say someone would die?

ronon's alive
keller's alive
mckay's alive

the girl's alive
the runner is presumed alive until proven dead

or is this just another one of SCIFI's muck-ups like calling Bekcett's return a replicator trap?

jelgate
September 20th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Wraith. Lots and lots of Wraith.:P

I think we can assume Kir'yak is dead but without a body their is no way to know for sure

Jeff O'Connor
September 20th, 2008, 07:52 AM

ronon's alive
keller's alive
mckay's alive

the girl's alive

or is this just another one of SCIFI's muck-ups like calling Bekcett's return a replicator trap?

I think it was a grasp at straws imparting that Kiryk died, but it's a safe bet most won't treat things as such.

IrishPisano
September 20th, 2008, 07:55 AM
i was hoping that keller or ronon would die based on the previews

dasNdanger
September 20th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Lots and lots of Wraith died. Lots.

Cute ones, too. *sniffle*

das

Infinite-Possibilities
September 20th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Personally I always thought it was saying that either the Kidnapper or the girl would die.

Voxyn
September 21st, 2008, 12:38 PM
I think a part of me died when they were running through the forest and I could recognise parts of it because they had used the same forest area a zillion times before.

:P

Infinatus
September 21st, 2008, 01:52 PM

ronon's alive
keller's alive
mckay's alive

the girl's alive

It was just an advertising ploy. They knew it was BS, notice how when the narrator said "One will live, one will die" they showed the scene where that Wraith almost fed on McKay? SciFi just does whatever it thinks can be done to maximize profit, whether it involves ruining the ending, ruining surprises or flat out lying. I would have thought that by now everyone would take SciFi's trailers with a bucket of salt.

IrishPisano
September 21st, 2008, 02:39 PM
This is my biggest fear for SGU... we'll get a whole lot of completely dorked up commercials for it

Narrator: This spring, Mankind will reach their Destiny... and unlock an entire universe... On May 31 watch James Spader, Michael Shanks and Kurt Russell in: Stargate: Universe... Episode 7: Revenge of the Furlings...

kanadra
September 21st, 2008, 03:10 PM

ronon's alive
keller's alive
mckay's alive

the girl's alive

yep the preview did say some one would die. I guess that means the runner is now more. They left if open for a return thought. not sure i liked that part of the show. Although i would love to see the runner pop back in. i liked him.

Xaeden
September 21st, 2008, 04:55 PM
Maybe they figured that without another season the runner was as good as dead since the writers don't have a the option to bring him back for a follow up episode anymore. Although, I'm not sure I would credit them with putting that much thought into it. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even bother watch/pay attention to the entire episode (specifically the ending) or if they didn't know the show well enough to realize that just because it looked like there was no obvious way he could survive that doesn't mean he didn't.

kanadra
September 21st, 2008, 08:13 PM
Wraith. Lots and lots of Wraith.:P

I think we can assume Kir'yak is dead but without a body their is no way to know for sure

nobody really ever dies in sic-fi.lol...

Infinatus
September 21st, 2008, 09:31 PM
This is my biggest fear for SGU... we'll get a whole lot of completely dorked up commercials for it

Narrator: This spring, Mankind will reach their Destiny... and unlock an entire universe... On May 31 watch James Spader, Michael Shanks and Kurt Russell in: Stargate: Universe... Episode 7: Revenge of the Furlings...

If SGU's genre was officially comedy that would be fantastic. ;) Otherwise yes that would be too terrible for words.

Arga
November 3rd, 2008, 03:30 PM
if the planet dialed by the runner is a nice V-class planet (Vancouver forest class), then maybe he had a chance to survive, otherwise, the wraith were so close behind him that his luck would be faint..